ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO X - NEO S - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately no. I made the firmware update but when I am in Home Theater 4.0 and browsing, it continues to suddenly stop and return to main screen.

When I enter again, the ribbon in the top is empty, i.e. it does not show me the latest movies I was watching

I am thinking to completely wipe-out all HT data, clear cache and scan all my libraries again...
Agree

is home H.T.v4 browsing movies / updating poster art still bottom right corner wording by any chance ?

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
I am not sure I understand what do you mean exactly. While your replied, I edited my post #9400 you might want to see it

have you tried just one internal drive only connected to replicate the issue ?

Energ75

Novice Member
Unfortunately no. I made the firmware update but when I am in Home Theater 4.0 and browsing, it continues to suddenly stop and return to main screen.

When I enter again, the ribbon in the top is empty, i.e. it does not show me the thubnails of the latest movies I was watching

I am thinking to completely wipe-out all HT data, clear cache and scan all my libraries again...

Do you think the problem may be related to unsuficcient capacity of the Zidoo to give the necessary power to my HDDs? I have one internal HDD (8ΤΒ) and one external via USB (14ΤΒ, and it has its own power supply)
The same thing happened to me, I could only solve it by going back to the factory.

kurtz

Took a punt on this and it’s really disappointing. Some might say my needs are unique, but I don’t really know why it’s proving to be so hard.

1. Native Framerate and switching only seems to work on resolutions starting at 1080. Tgis means yet again a media device is insisting on force upscaling and deinterlacing SD and DVD content. I want my Lumagen VP to do this. Not a $50 chipset.

2. ISO playback is really buggy. 50/50 on whether it crashes back to main menu on start. I updated to 3.50 firmware listed above and its probably worse than OOB 3.10? On DVD ISOs if you manage to get the menu up and play an episode you get a black screen fir a few seconds whilst Audio plays. and then picture starts displaying in fast forward until it catches up with audio. Thereafter it will freeze and repeat doing that every few minutes. Blu-ray ISOs if they play seem ok though. But bringing up menus when they play again can cause freeze or playback to crash to menu.

3. The picture wall it builds from my NFS shares are the worst I’ve seen across Dune4K Collections , Kodi on Odroid N2 and Nvidi Shield Pro. The Folders are labelled with the TV Show Name, Seasons Subfolders, and ISO naming convention of title_S1_D1 yet it insists on cataloguing most of my shows as obscure movies of the same title.

4. Because it’s ISOs it doesn’t download an episode guide albeit it does put an ABCD icon list to each ISO File. But trying to launch the iso from this icon mostly fails, navigating from Media Player and the file structure is more reliable.

5. Played a couple of music files in flac format and the sound just randomly drops out even though the screen shows it still playing and the graphic equaliser moving up and down still. This was on OOB firmware have not tried again on newest.

6. Remote control response is really sluggish. Admittedly this is via my Harmony but it seems to randomly jump from responsive to sluggish every other reboot of the box, ie it is sluggish, turn box back on again, responsive, turn off box. Resume from standby sluggish, need to do clean boot otherwise it seems the thing degrades.

I know a lot of you have this working well for your use cases, but honestly I was not expecting mine to be so bad, and ultimately a review on the other forum led me to believe that the Source Direct worked as expected, and that is the key reason I jumped in.
Your needs are not unique: I've been looking into this too. I was looking at getting a Zidoo, but thanks to you I've dodged a bullet. Zidoo specify support of 576 and advertise "Fully configurable fast automatic resolution switch" - but instead of "Fully" its limited to 1080P and 4K.
The same applies to the Dune - their customer support confirmed it to me.
However, the Zappiti does seem to support 480,576,720,1080 and 4K - they even show a screenshot of the configuration menu - and they even state its to support a Lumagen scaler. This may prove of use to you - although after the outlay on a Zidoo its annoying.

scrowe

Distinguished Member
Your needs are not unique: I've been looking into this too. I was looking at getting a Zidoo, but thanks to you I've dodged a bullet. Zidoo specify support of 576 and advertise "Fully configurable fast automatic resolution switch" - but instead of "Fully" its limited to 1080P and 4K.
The same applies to the Dune - their customer support confirmed it to me.
However, the Zappiti does seem to support 480,576,720,1080 and 4K - they even show a screenshot of the configuration menu - and they even state its to support a Lumagen scaler. This may prove of use to you - although after the outlay on a Zidoo its annoying.
Thanks I looked at Zappiti but IIRC the models are pretty old now. However, I’ve decided to stick to Nvidia Shield Pro for now, and live with the 1080p upres of DVD resolutions. This is because I’ve done a deeper dive into Kodi 19.3 than before, and I’ve solved the episode scraping problem from ISO. Also the Bello skin on Kodi is as good as I’ve seen to-date for media navigation and playback.

However, as you get past one door, smaller locked doors always follow :-

For TV Shows you need to name the ISO as <show name> <(year)> <SxxEyyEyy> based on what episodes are on what disc. So Star Trek series 1 disc 1 on Blu-ray would be as below, and if a disc straddles series also see the Thunderbirds example

STAR TREK - TOS (1966) S01E01E02E03E04
THUNDERBIRDS (1965) S01E25E26S02E01E02

So using TVDB the default scraper, as long as you make sure the production year matches, it will scrape episode titles that match and point to the correct ISO file.

This leaves the issue that TVDB only lists broadcast order, whereas most sets are in my preferred production order, and some series even have a preferred viewing order. The official Metadataeditor fir Kodi doesn’t let you edit episode series and numbers. So some more fiddling required. The approach therefore that seems to make sense is :

1. check the online TVDB listing and make sure you number the ISO episodes on each disc to match the TVDB episode and season number to ensure all the metadata is scraped down in full.
2. check all episodes appear fully in navigation, none missing, etc.
3. Export the Kodi library into one single NFO file where you can edit it.
4. Use the DVD/BD sleeve listings to edit the episodes SERIES and EPISODE metadata with Notepad or other app on PC to match either the Disc Order, or Production Order or preferred viewing order, as desired
5. Reimport the NFO file into Kodi to refresh the database.

It does look like that once an entry exists, the scraper diesnt’t amend/overwrite it, but you can maintain backup NFOs each time you add new disc content if needs be.

Darrant1234

Hi, I'm thinking of updating my zidoo X10 to a Z10 pro or Z9x. Am I right in thinking the only difference other than looks is the ability to add an internal drive? or is the X10 pro faster or better? I run everything from shared drives on the pc so never had an internal hard drive on my x10 anyway. Also is there a big improvement over the X10 to justify it?

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Hi, I'm thinking of updating my zidoo X10 to a Z10 pro or Z9x. Am I right in thinking the only difference other than looks is the ability to add an internal drive? or is the X10 pro faster or better? I run everything from shared drives on the pc so never had an internal hard drive on my x10 anyway. Also is there a big improvement over the X10 to justify it?

Upgrading to the X10 Pro or X9X
will support Dolby Vision VS10 , Auto Trailers , more settings to match your Display etc ,
Faster Boot up time, faster Navigation ,
will pick up your Bluetooth Remote faster
has more support as in Firmware , Screensaver ?
A better user experience more better navigation ……
Better image a lot say .

If none of the above appeals to you dont upgrade . 😎😎

Darrant1234

many thanks, dolby vision would be nice possibly, but i don't think my av receiver will pass it through (planning to upgrade though). faster boot up also nice but not a game changer. my x10 works fine and plays everything ive asked it too. The better image would be good if it is any better.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
many thanks, dolby vision would be nice possibly, but i don't think my av receiver will pass it through (planning to upgrade though). faster boot up also nice but not a game changer. my x10 works fine and plays everything ive asked it too. The better image would be good if it is any better.

I think with all the set up options it to fine tune it to your display helps but the better chipset aids
it does give a better image i find .
My screen is not Dolby Vision
but you can use VS10 engine to get the most out of your Display etc 4K or 1080p.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Ive got a sony Af8 oled so does have dolby vision. I could get one from amazon and return it if it isn't a huge improvement.

Go direct to Oled connection wise to see dolby vision Vs10 look …..
and use tv speakers for now to test if worth keeping ?

If happy later on upgrade amp when funds come available ?

Darrant1234

i was thinking of a new amp anyway, just upgraded sounds system. Saying that though its loud enough and does what i want at the minute.

So the Z10 vs 9s is just the chassis difference, internally they are both the same and will do the same picture etc.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
i was thinking of a new amp anyway, just upgraded sounds system. Saying that though its loud enough and does what i want at the minute.

So the Z10 vs 9s is just the chassis difference, internally they are both the same and will do the same picture etc.

More or less yes same chipset so same pic Quality
but Z10 Pro has more connections and front usb ports plus slight diff Display , coaxial connection that may help in connecting to your amp for some 5.1 sound formats while testing unit …….

If not Z9X be fine etc

Blenky

Thanks I looked at Zappiti but IIRC the models are pretty old now. However, I’ve decided to stick to Nvidia Shield Pro for now, and live with the 1080p upres of DVD resolutions. This is because I’ve done a deeper dive into Kodi 19.3 than before, and I’ve solved the episode scraping problem from ISO. Also the Bello skin on Kodi is as good as I’ve seen to-date for media navigation and playback.

However, as you get past one door, smaller locked doors always follow :-

For TV Shows you need to name the ISO as <show name> <(year)> <SxxEyyEyy> based on what episodes are on what disc. So Star Trek series 1 disc 1 on Blu-ray would be as below, and if a disc straddles series also see the Thunderbirds example

STAR TREK - TOS (1966) S01E01E02E03E04
THUNDERBIRDS (1965) S01E25E26S02E01E02

So using TVDB the default scraper, as long as you make sure the production year matches, it will scrape episode titles that match and point to the correct ISO file.

This leaves the issue that TVDB only lists broadcast order, whereas most sets are in my preferred production order, and some series even have a preferred viewing order. The official Metadataeditor fir Kodi doesn’t let you edit episode series and numbers. So some more fiddling required. The approach therefore that seems to make sense is :

1. check the online TVDB listing and make sure you number the ISO episodes on each disc to match the TVDB episode and season number to ensure all the metadata is scraped down in full.
2. check all episodes appear fully in navigation, none missing, etc.
3. Export the Kodi library into one single NFO file where you can edit it.
4. Use the DVD/BD sleeve listings to edit the episodes SERIES and EPISODE metadata with Notepad or other app on PC to match either the Disc Order, or Production Order or preferred viewing order, as desired
5. Reimport the NFO file into Kodi to refresh the database.

It does look like that once an entry exists, the scraper diesnt’t amend/overwrite it, but you can maintain backup NFOs each time you add new disc content if needs be.
I wish HT4 on the Zidoo supported ISO/BDMV of TV shows with multiple episodes per disk. It's only capable of identifying one episode per file.

mtenga

Distinguished Member
I wish HT4 on the Zidoo supported ISO/BDMV of TV shows with multiple episodes per disk. It's only capable of identifying one episode per file.

What about if you name as:

Game of Thrones S01E01S01E02S01E03

On Zappiti that returns three posters for episodes 1-3 of Game of Thrones Season 1. Though regardless of which poster you click it takes you to the beginning.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Wow another firmware out !
v 6.3.55 beta

Change logs:
System
1. Added Digital signage mode function.
2. Fixed the problem that NFS cannot be re-entered when the network is disconnected occasionally.
3. Fixed the problem that some cloud NAS cannot obtain the sharing name normally.
4. Optimized unknown error popup message in some NAS devices.
5. Optimized forced subtitles.
6. Online picture display is optimized in Image Player.
6. Optimized system stability.

Poster Wall
1. Added TV show name in the details interface.
2. Optimized actors data acquisition.
3. Optimized the speed of local image acquisition.
4. Optimized the problem that the mobile phone cannot get the poster data occasionally.
5. Optimized the display of some interfaces.
6. Optimized the problem that corner icon doesn't display in Display Setting> Poster View.
7. Fixed the problem that the Blu-ray logo is not recognized when refreshing.
8. Optimized the function to play video by shortcut key.
9. Optimized incorrect focus in the details interface occasionally.
10. Optimized movie information refreshing function in the detail interface.
11. Fixed the problem that the local trailer on/off switch is not displayed.
12. Optimized MPEG and H264 icon display.
13. Optimized the application stability.

Music Player
1. Fixed the problem that adding songs into favorites is invalid in the playback queue.
2. Optimized the the mobile APP interface of favorites in Zidoo Controller.
3. Optimized the focus logic of the play queue.
4. Optimized the playlist adding function.
5. Fixed the problem that removed songs are displayed again occasionally when a large number of songs are removed in batch.
6. Fixed the problem that playback queue in mobile phone app does not display song information when playing UPNP songs.
7. Fixed the problem that next song cannot be normally played after rematching SACD.
8. Optimized the playback record function.
9. Fixed scanning abnormalities problem after UPNP rescans for several times.

File Manager
1. Optimized the NFS function.
2. Optimized the interface display.
3. Fixed scanning abnormalities problem after UPNP rescans for several times.
4. Optimized SMB mount.

Quick Setting
1. Added Digital signage mode setting.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member

Blenky

What about if you name as:

Game of Thrones S01E01S01E02S01E03

On Zappiti that returns three posters for episodes 1-3 of Game of Thrones Season 1. Though regardless of which poster you click it takes you to the beginning.
No - this, or any iteration of this, does not work on HT4. It can only handle one ep per file.

mtenga

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Piega launches Ace Wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
M&K Sound launches V+ Series subwoofers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published