ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

That bored function where can I find that?,🤫

Ive installed it but not found the function or what it does or enables etc .😎😎
its in poster wall ……?

Just for trouble shooting if nothing to do with your tv ?
switch off cec on Zidoo etc
& Hdcp Off on Zidoo
Well this is beginning to become an annoying problem, using all of your settings anything that I play results in the TV screen going black (not standby as I first thought) after approximately 40 minutes, the film will still be playing as the sound continues, and if I press the source button (or some others) on the TV's remote the picture comes back fine.

I have also noticed that even with CEC turned off and with the box in standby it is interfering with my Apple TV's CEC settings and stopping it's remote controlling the TV volume. If I unplug the Z9X the Apple TV remote works fine again.

And yet another thing is that after changing the Dolby Vision Compatible Mode to Priority standard DV (TV Led) it does not always save it and sometime reverts back to LLDV (Player Led).

I may try another factory reset later, but am hoping somebody on here has the answers as I am stumped.

I will add that I am using this with an LG55E6, a Pioneer AVR-X2400H alongside my ATV4K & Vero 4K which are all connected to the receiver and set to passthrough to the TV. I have had no problems with this setup for a very long time and have tried several HDMI cables that all work perfectly with the other boxes...Thanks for any help.

Well this is beginning to become an annoying problem, using all of your settings anything that I play results in the TV screen going black (not standby as I first thought) after approximately 40 minutes, the film will still be playing as the sound continues, and if I press the source button (or some others) on the TV's remote the picture comes back fine.

I have also noticed that even with CEC turned off and with the box in standby it is interfering with my Apple TV's CEC settings and stopping it's remote controlling the TV volume. If I unplug the Z9X the Apple TV remote works fine again.

And yet another thing is that after changing the Dolby Vision Compatible Mode to Priority standard DV (TV Led) it does not always save it and sometime reverts back to LLDV (Player Led).

I may try another factory reset later, but am hoping somebody on here has the answers as I am stumped.

I will add that I am using this with an LG55E6, a Pioneer AVR-X2400H alongside my ATV4K & Vero 4K which are all connected to the receiver and set to passthrough to the TV. I have had no problems with this setup for a very long time and have tried several HDMI cables that all work perfectly with the other boxes...Thanks for any help.

Poss workarounds
Lindy HDMI CEC Adapter
Strips CEC from the HDMI signal.
Useful to eliminate problems with CEC/ARC. Female to Male.

are you using supplied zidoo hdmi cable ?
change to certified Quality 4K premium one

failing all that looks like your Zidoo settings are not right or matched to your screen
or your edid is req to see whats going on and best set up options .

The Latest Settings
Note : May not suit all Setups but best Guide

MAIN SETTINGS

Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate and resolution *

Display/HDR: Auto **
Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 10BIT
Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV444 10BIT
Display/Color Settings/Non-4K: Priority YUV444 8BIT
Display/Color Settings/HDMI Range: 16-235 ***
Display/HDMI Mode: 3840x2160p 23Hz ****

Audio/HDMI Audio: AUTO *****
Audio/Downmix HD Audio output: OFF

*   Personal preference - Switch Frame Rate only can be used to let the Zidoo scale and reduce
   HDMI resyncs. (This is what I personally do)

**  Can be set discretely - available options are EDID dependent see below.

***   This sets 64 - 940 for 10-bit content.
   
**** This is my personal preference to avoid HDMI resyncs but if resyncs are not a problem
   and assuming auto framerate/resolution are both on, 1080p 60Hz might be a better option
   since the GUI/HT4 is natively 1920x1080 and text scrolls more smoothly at 60Hz.
   (Set this last since changing HDR mode resets HDMI Mode)

***** I recommend "Auto" but "RAW" can be used for bitstream only as a belt and braces approach

NOTE - If your display is HDMI 1.4 (300MHz, 8.9Gbps) then change the following to:

Display/Color Settings/4K 50~60Hz: Priority YUV420 8BIT
Display/Color Settings/4K 23~30Hz: Priority YUV422 12BIT

OTHER SETTINGS

Display/MaxCLL and MaxFALL: ON *
Display/Colour Settings/Deep Colour Compatibility Mode: OFF **

*    Some systems use MaxFALL/CCL, some don't. Generally leaving ON is fine because even if the system ignores it, there's no issue with the SEI message containing it. Can be useful to turn off for outboard gamma processing.

**   Enables forcing of 4K50/60 4:2:0 10/12-bit even if EDID does not allow.
(Some TVs can accept this signal even though EDID says it can't)
If your EDID does specify 4K50/60 4:2:0 10/12-bit this setting will have no effect.
If your EDID does not specify 4K50/60 4:2:0 10/12-bit and does not allow it, setting ON will cause picture loss.
HDR SETTINGS Updated Nov '21

Available settings will depend on TV capabilities/EDID
Capture.JPG

DOLBY VISION COMPATIBILITY MODE (v6.0.90 onwards)

Quick Settings/Display/Dolby vision compatible mode

This allows displays that can process both Standard DV and LLDV to prioritise which mode is used with DV output.

Either standard TV led DV or player led LLDV.

DOLBY VISION MKV COMPATIBILITY (Up to v6.1.15)

The table below shows the expected outputs for different Dolby Vision Profiles of the VS10 engine.
Output of DV or LLDV is EDID dependent and all tests were made with Level 6 files (4K23)

upload_2021-3-31_10-57-46.png

DOLBY VISION COMPATIBILITY (v6.2.00 onwards)

Since the update to v6.2.00, Dolby Vision Profile 7 (and 4) content is now playable from MEL and FEL files in multiple formats as below:

upload_2021-4-1_15-18-36.png

STSL = Single Track, Single Layer
STDL = Single Track, Dual Layer

The RPU (Reference Processing Unit) is used in all cases to process dynamic tone mapping but in the case of Full Enhancement Layers, the video essence of the FEL is not used.

In any Dolby Vision presentation the vast majority of the video information is contained in the HDR10(+) base layer. In the case of MEL presentations, all the video information is in the base layer.

In FEL titles, the video essence of the FEL is a just a difference signal between the 12-bit and 10-bit masters encoded as a 10-bit 1080p video stream.

LEGAL HDMI MODES

For information, below is a table detailing legal HDMI modes at 4K for both HDMI 1.4 and 2.*
The numbers show the bitrate and frequency respectively (denoting bandwidth required) for each mode. Where it shows "--", it is not legal mode and therefore not supported by HDMI.

upload_2021-2-26_10-21-37.png

Poss workarounds
Lindy HDMI CEC Adapter

failing all that looks like your Zidoo settings are not right or matched to your screen
Thanks, I wasn't aware of the Lindy and am not using the supplied cable, I am using other certified 4K cables that all work flawlessly with my other devices including playing very large DV & HDR10 files through Infuse Pro on the ATV 4K, the Vero 4K is also flawless with HDR & 3D...Looks like a may have got a lemon of the classifieds on here. I will do a reset and see what happens.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the Lindy and am not using the supplied cable, I am using other certified 4K cables that all work flawlessly with my other devices including playing very large DV & HDR10 files through Infuse Pro on the ATV 4K, the Vero 4K is also flawless with HDR & 3D...Looks like a may have got a lemon of the classifieds on here. I will do a reset and see what happens.

I doubt a lemon ?
Do you actually get a picture at all on any settings ?
connect Zidoo to another display .

But yes a Factory reset is a good route
was it all set up before you received unit . ( as in as a new user )

I doubt a lemon ?
Do you actually get a picture at all on any settings ?
connect Zidoo to another display .
Yes as I said earlier, I have everything working perfectly and love the picture & sound quality with 3D, HD & 4K with or without HDR/DV...I was watching a film last night (LOTR 4K DV mkv) and after roughly 40 minutes the tv screen went black, the same thing happens with any film in any format after around 40 minutes, apart from that it is perfect if you ignore the minor niggle I mentioned which the Lindy CEC adaptor will probably solve.

Yes as I said earlier, I have everything working perfectly and love the picture & sound quality with 3D, HD & 4K with or without HDR/DV...I was watching a film last night (LOTR 4K DV mkv) and after roughly 40 minutes the tv screen went black, the same thing happens with any film in any format after around 40 minutes, apart from that it is perfect if you ignore the minor niggle I mentioned which the Lindy CEC adaptor will probably solve.

can you change hdmi port ( receiver ) as in say swap over to the apple hdmi port that you dont have any issues with .

so put Zidoo hdmi in to the Apple hdmi connector . ( swap over to see if fault still occurs )
Clearly on the 40 min mark as is a standby mode or something is interfering ?
Hdcp off in zidoo yes ?

Purchase lindy from Futeko at least that will solve one issue .

It sounds like something else is either going into standby or turning on and confusing the HDMI signal which the CEC on the Zidoo will do because it’s complete crap. I had to get the Lindy for my Z9S otherwise it caused all kinds of carnage with picture, audio and non-responsive controls on other things.

The Z1000 Pro though seems to work absolutely fine without it but I’ve not fully tested it yet to confirm that and if it has issues I’ll know it’s because of that!

It sounds like something else is either going into standby or turning on and confusing the HDMI signal which the CEC on the Zidoo will do because it’s complete crap. I had to get the Lindy for my Z9S otherwise it caused all kinds of carnage with picture, audio and non-responsive controls on other things.

The Z1000 Pro though seems to work absolutely fine without it but I’ve not fully tested it yet to confirm that and if it has issues I’ll know it’s because of that!

The cec ( indy adapter) may be the route cause of all his issues ?
best to buy and then report back first .

Be the best thing or he will be pulling his hair out all day :(

Never use cec as we say work of the devil .

Yes I am going to try all of that today, although I have already done most of it. I have also tried it with CEC off on all devices and HDCP is set to off on the Z9X, all of your recommended settings have also been set. I do have another 4K DV TV so will also try it on that as well, lucky that I am retired and have so much free time on my hands :D

I have purchased a Lindy from the Lindy store on Amazon who can deliver it tomorrow :smashin:

Yes I am going to try all of that today, although I have already done most of it. I have also tried it with CEC off on all devices and HDCP is set to off on the Z9X, all of your recommended settings have also been set. I do have another 4K DV TV so will also try it on that as well, lucky that I am retired and have so much free time on my hands :D

I have purchased a Lindy from the Lindy store on Amazon who can deliver it tomorrow :smashin:

Great report back
as can see your frustration be hair pulling mode . ( if any 🙃🙃😉)

Hopefully the cec / indy is all your cause , 👍

Hopefully that will solve it for me, Amazon are delivering one to me tomorrow so I will report back the results :smashin:

The cec ( indy adapter) may be the route cause of all his issues ?
best to buy and then report back first .

Be the best thing or he will be pulling his hair out all day :(

Never use cec as we say work of the devil .
I agree, the only time it has ever worked perfectly for me is when just the ATV 4K is connected to my receiver, it would turn everything on and off and control the receiver's volume perfectly, as soon as something else is added things go wrong, which is why I still use my old Harmony 900 with CEC turned off.

Even with it off Android is known to have issues with CEC where it doesn’t actually turn off so whilst it seems like just a Zidoo issue I think it’s actually a global one that sometimes crops up and sometimes doesn’t so the easiest thing is just to disable it on the HDMI pin itself.

I don’t even understand how CEC can make the remote on other devices not work at all but it does!

I’ve also seen when HDCP doesn’t match up the picture itself freezes (happened when I first got my Z1000 and I thought it was dead, was actually just because I’d setup the Lumagen for HDCP 2.2 on a 1080p TV) but you can still hear it’s working in the background or black screens with audio because the receiver can still decode the audio but the screen can’t read the picture.

Honestly HDMI is very temperamental sometimes and doesn’t really give any feedback on what’s upset it when it goes wonky.

Even with it off Android is known to have issues with CEC where it doesn’t actually turn off so whilst it seems like just a Zidoo issue I think it’s actually a global one that sometimes crops up and sometimes doesn’t so the easiest thing is just to disable it on the HDMI pin itself.

I don’t even understand how CEC can make the remote on other devices not work at all but it does!

I’ve also seen when HDCP doesn’t match up the picture itself freezes (happened when I first got my Z1000 and I thought it was dead, was actually just because I’d setup the Lumagen for HDCP 2.2 on a 1080p TV) but you can still hear it’s working in the background or black screens with audio because the receiver can still decode the audio but the screen can’t read the picture.

Honestly HDMI is very temperamental sometimes and doesn’t really give any feedback on what’s upset it when it goes wonky.
Thanks, hopefully the Lindy CEC thingy will solve it for me...I think I will pass on trying anything else today and wait for the adaptor, I would be gutted if I wasted a day and then that turned up and solved it :facepalm: :D

Poss workarounds
Lindy HDMI CEC Adapter

You can send a cheque through the post if it works 😎😎

Make sure you pick the adaptor direct from Lindy on Amazon. It's only a little extra. There was some dodgy copies being sold on there which still had all the pins connected.

Make sure you pick the adaptor direct from Lindy on Amazon. It's only a little extra. There was some dodgy copies being sold on there which still had all the pins connected.
Yes I have purchased through the Lindy store :smashin:

Ive installed it but not found the function or what it does or enables etc .😎😎
its in poster wall ……?
It's invisible:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom