ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO X - NEO S - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
When is that coming out?

If it all goes by the same time period it be June announcement of the Z9X Ultra or whatever it will named .
so between June - August the new models announced / available .

So the New Z9x / Z10 Pro Models will come first with the newer chipset it be either a complete new chipset or a revision as in 1619/ B RTD

Roberto1975

Does anyone use the UHD3000 to stream Tidal MQA tracks? I’m stuck between the Z1000 and the UHD3000. It will be mainly for my own movie rips, but if the audio quality is better on on the UHD3000 and the Tidal app works and can play MQA it might be a better option for me.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Does anyone use the UHD3000 to stream Tidal MQA tracks? I’m stuck between the Z1000 and the UHD3000. It will be mainly for my own movie rips, but if the audio quality is better on on the UHD3000 and the Tidal app works and can play MQA it might be a better option for me.

If your more for the Music / Stereo side of things the UHD3000 is the one to go for .

The UHD3000 , NEO S , NEO X are the Media beasts with Audio , Hi fi High End Quality components fitted .

No idea on Tidal app

edit : was thinking of the lines of Roon Ready etc
but have heard Tidal & spotify works .

Last edited:

Nice Monkey

You can also use any favorite streaming music service on your phone and next stream it HiFi to the BT LDAC enabled input of Neo X. Tried it yesterday. Be sure to use the correct BT paired device options for LDAC.

It bypasses all Zidoo Applications and just uses the DAC audio panel HW for that.

Last edited:

Roberto1975

If your more for the Music side of things the UHD3000 is the one to go for .
but its still being Tested / passed for Tidal useage etc
but no doubt it will soon or has.…..

The other models below it have been .
If your more for the Music side of things the UHD3000 is the one to go for .
but its still being Tested / passed for Tidal useage etc
but no doubt it will soon or has.…..

The other models below it have been .
Thanks, it will be for both music and movies, but would be good to have the option
You can also use any streaming service on your phone and next stream it HiFi to the BT DAC input of Neo X. Tried it yesterday.

Roberto1975

Does that still retain the Hi res playback for MQA files and similar? I’ve not looked at the Neo X, I know it’s the higher model but thought it was more aimed purely for music rather than movies. Does it do all ghe UHD3000 can do for movie rips but add better quality audio?

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Does that still retain the Hi res playback for MQA files and similar? I’ve not looked at the Neo X, I know it’s the higher model but thought it was more aimed purely for music rather than movies. Does it do all ghe UHD3000 can do for movie rips but add better quality audio?

I think the Neo X model was made in limited numbers and doubt you can purchase it .

if your looking it be the Neo S model .

Nice Monkey

Not everybody sells the top models of Zidoo (Neo X) or Dune (Ultra). Futeko is a known supplier not doing that. They don't like very expensive stock when asked about the why.

Maybe a version 2 comes with a new motherboard? That one is clearly open for enhancements..

Roberto1975

I think the Neo X model was made in limited numbers and doubt you can purchase it .

I’ll have to do a comparison of them. I’m sure the uhd3000 would be sufficient for my audio and movie rip needs. My arcam AVR550 would do all the decoding for movies anyway, and if I feed it with balanced RCA in direct mode for stereo it’s still won’t be the most proficient Stereo amp, but good enough for me. Thanks for your input👍

Nice Monkey

Yes UHD3000 and Neo X have all the same general media player features. But it is designed in the way that you don't need a TV for music. A Phone APP is then still convenient but not essential as with UHD3000. Just read my reviews for each on the Zidoo forum.

Roberto1975

Yes UHD3000 and Neo X have all the same general media player features. But it is made in the way that you don't need a TV for music. A Phone APP is then convenient but not essential as with UHD3000. Just read my reviews for each on the Zidoo forum.
Thanks , I’ll have a good read

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
D2E3052D-B260-4D10-AF4A-84A60EC284A5.png
Now Available to Order !

Nice Monkey

Just pay as it is in stock. Many don't sell it for price reasons. The same with Dune Ultra.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member

Sir QD oled

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Don't think so it's dutch website so he is good to go.

The original poster is from UK
and Nice Monkey already has a NEO X unless he likes collecting Neo x ?
😎😎

Nice Monkey

It was mostly meant to indicate that they are sold activily and there is no limit on that. A chip shortage may apply to all electronic firms I am afraid. DAC's e.g. are difficult to get.

Frankly I am still a bit hesitating what to do with my UHD3000. Not used to be honest anymore.

Sir QD oled

It was mostly meant to indicate that they are sold activily and there is no limit on that. A chip shortage may apply to all electronic firms I am afraid. DAC's e.g. are difficult to get.

Frankly I am still a bit hesitating what to do with my UHD3000. Not used to be honest anymore.
Very hard to sell for a reasonable price tried it with my zx20 pro it is still standing there doing nothing :D

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member

If you decide to sell maybe sell on classified thread on here maybe someone local may want ?

Sir QD oled

If you decide to sell maybe sell on classified thread on here maybe someone local may want ?
if he's lucky yes or almost as a giveaway contenders enough but fair price naah hard to sell....

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
if he's lucky yes or almost as a giveaway contenders enough but fair price naah hard to sell....
Well there is a member poss looking for a UHD3000 if ………
but there be import dutys sadly to the UK ?

and maybe cheaper to buy new with 2 Year gtee thrown in to ,😬😬

Sir QD oled

Well there is a member poss looking for a UHD3000 if ………
but there be import dutys sadly to the UK ?

and maybe cheaper to buy new with 2 Year gtee thrown in to ,😬😬
The import taxes might be expensiever then the sell price so that's a no go on that side ....

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member

Nice Monkey

I don't think there are taxes on private parcels send between the UK and EU. Can be mailed as a gift with low value indicated in neutral packaging. Never understood that Brexit. The (good) old days are not coming back with it which was expected I guess?

Anyway not going to sell mine yet and we are going off-topic.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG UltraGear Gaming Monitors get VESA certification
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony confirms UK pricing for A90K and A75K Bravia XR 4K OLED TVs
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
LG announces new CineBeam HU915QE 4K laser projector
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast | Maverick IMAX Review, 4K Disc News and More