ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO X - NEO S - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Problem solved, I had to update to another firmware (6.50 beta) and reset to factory settings. But I don't know if sometime in the future there is a problem again, what firmware to put in or how to go to a lower version.

6.3.60 is latest firmware out at moment .
but its best not to try to revert backwards as some come stuck …..

if its working leave be ,

JackFrost6

Novice Member
Delucas: do you have link for this last firmware Z10 Pro? I not found.
I see only 6.3.40

I have one more small problem, I don't know why zidoo doesn't show dts x sound but always show only dts hd 5.1. Play movie Halloween 2018 or The Thing and show in movie after click info about.
Settings audio: raw, spdif: raw,
files original uhd 4k movies bdmv (without hdcp)

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Page 2449 click on expand and choose either google or non google version . 👍

rigman

Are you running windows 10 ? And are you using smb on the Zidoo ? If so smb v1 is disabled on W10 so you need to enable it , thats what i did, apparently it was disabled due to security floors,

this link should help you but obviously you do this at your own risk, i certainly haven’t had any probs,

However i see NFS mentioned in the latest firmware update, i wasn’t aware it was available on the zidoo, anyone care to elaborate ? Thanks :)
I managed to get access to the Zidoo hard drive from my PC using the map Network drive method. I did not want to use SMB v1 if it was unsafe.

My rip PC is in the same room (though the opposite end) and I have now directly connected it via a long Ethernet cable to the rack switch. The speed was still slow so I checked the switch and found it was only a 10/100 type. I bought a Gigabit switch to get a speed increase.

I did some speed tests from the PC to the internal drive and the best the TP Link 500mbps homeplugs could get was around 30mbps that was them both connected into power sockets in the same room. Shocking really no pun intended.

The Ethernet connection via the old switch was around 120mbps and the Gigabit switch was around 8-900mbps

I can now rip a UHD disk using Makemkv directly to the Zidoo internal drive.
I did try two at once but it failed. I can however rip one to the Zidoo and one to the PC drive at the same time which will save time doing my whole collection.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
I should get my zidoo z9x tomorrow so will give it a test when I get chance. I will update to the latest version and do a factory reset and then setup.

Please give us an update how you get on
key set up is crucial on these as so many options now .

darren68uk

I managed to get access to the Zidoo hard drive from my PC using the map Network drive method. I did not want to use SMB v1 if it was unsafe.

My rip PC is in the same room (though the opposite end) and I have now directly connected it via a long Ethernet cable to the rack switch. The speed was still slow so I checked the switch and found it was only a 10/100 type. I bought a Gigabit switch to get a speed increase.

I did some speed tests from the PC to the internal drive and the best the TP Link 500mbps homeplugs could get was around 30mbps that was them both connected into power sockets in the same room. Shocking really no pun intended.

The Ethernet connection via the old switch was around 120mbps and the Gigabit switch was around 8-900mbps

I can now rip a UHD disk using Makemkv directly to the Zidoo internal drive.
I did try two at once but it failed. I can however rip one to the Zidoo and one to the PC drive at the same time which will save time doing my whole collection.

thanks for the update, yeah i struggled to get the connection using map a network drive, but wasnt really sure what i.p address i was mapping to , but think i will try again, as don't really want to keep using SMB v1 myself,

re home plugs, dont know if you did this, but its always worth checking the sockets your using are all connected up correctly, i checked mine when i previsouly used home plugs and im amazed i could actually get electricity out of them the wires were so loose!!

glad you got a good speed direct thru ethernet,

i wasnt aware you could rip two movies at the same time ? do you have 2 uhd drives ?

rigman

I found the drive as ZD_samba and it was fairly straight forward in the end. I enabled samba server within the Zidoo. I assumed that what I needed to do.

The house is only 5 years old so the wiring is in good condition. I changed a few sockets out for USB types after I moved in and never found any issues though I get your point.

I do have two UHD friendly internal drives. I have a licenced copy of Makemkv as well. You need to tick a box for single drive within the settings. When you start the program it asked which drive you want to use.
I have seen a video where a guy was ripping 8 discs at one time with internal and external drives.

My rip PC is an old Thinkserver so only has room for the two UHD drives and 3 Hard drives. I was going to go down the Nas route but for the cost I am going to buy a bigger case and stick a couple more of my old BD drives to finally do all my vast collection of Bluray disks as well so four disks at a time.
After all my testing it works absolutely fine when I play 4K rips from it to the Zidoo so no need for a separate Nas.
For backup I am going to use a large WD Elements drive though I still have the disks so its not really necessary just a time saver if any hard drives went faulty.

a5ian300zx

Please give us an update how you get on
key set up is crucial on these as so many options now .

So far I have not had proper chance to play with it, but plays back all my MKV formats fine that I have tested, and the sound is louder not sure if it has boosted audio but had to put my soundbar level down.

I do like the movie scaper and the amount of technical details it provides and the informative icons eg 4K FHD, HD etc.., It was quite slow to scrape my 4K movie folder (no NFO) but my older Blu-ray folder which contain NFO files was really quick, I like the interface and how you can change the look of the HT 4.0.

I think the tiles interface is ok looking, but I prefer the look of the higher end models interface, much more simplistic and professional looking.

Picture quality is good as my oppo, but the Blu-ray menu ISO and folder structure was pants, it failed to load any of my BD Structure or ISO files (I don't have many) and if they did load it was stuttering etc.

The VS10 processing engine on FHD material was ok as it was a slightly brighter picture but not a massive difference compared to my oppo. These were quick tests of the same movie and scenes on both players, will try play with it some more.

I also asked a question earlier around a "GOTO" time skip function and I would like to report back that this is indeed available on the player, just have to map one of the shortcut buttons and then when you press it, you simply enter the time you want to GOTO, and then it skips to it, But FF and RW are quite quick on the player.

I have also ordered a Dune HD player and will compare the two and chose the one I like and return the other.

John7

I found the drive as ZD_samba and it was fairly straight forward in the end. I enabled samba server within the Zidoo. I assumed that what I needed to do.

The house is only 5 years old so the wiring is in good condition. I changed a few sockets out for USB types after I moved in and never found any issues though I get your point.

I do have two UHD friendly internal drives. I have a licenced copy of Makemkv as well. You need to tick a box for single drive within the settings. When you start the program it asked which drive you want to use.
I have seen a video where a guy was ripping 8 discs at one time with internal and external drives.

My rip PC is an old Thinkserver so only has room for the two UHD drives and 3 Hard drives. I was going to go down the Nas route but for the cost I am going to buy a bigger case and stick a couple more of my old BD drives to finally do all my vast collection of Bluray disks as well so four disks at a time.
After all my testing it works absolutely fine when I play 4K rips from it to the Zidoo so no need for a separate Nas.
For backup I am going to use a large WD Elements drive though I still have the disks so its not really necessary just a time saver if any hard drives went faulty.

I bought one of these (for £249) in September, it's great for bunging disks in and backing stuff up. Each disk is seen as an independent drive in windows......

Amazon product

Nice Monkey

I bought one of these (for £249) in September, it's great for bunging disks in and backing stuff up. Each disk is seen as an independent drive in windows......

Amazon product
Using the same unit but sold as Icy Box IB-3805-c31 then. Also have a 10-slot equivalent.
Not cheap but the best in its class.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom