ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Hi Kergaz i noticed the same as you.
When i updated (6.3.40) i get "failed to download subs"
Neither in English or Greek language ! I am confused, is it because of the latest update? I didn't have any problems before. Can i downgrade to see if it is problem with the current firmware?

To tell you the truth, I don't know if the problem is due to the update or due to the ban of opensubtitels.org in Greece. Neither me I had any problems previously with the subs...

I am not sure the downgrade of firmware will help to solve the issue

Ok, I’m liking the Z9X a lot. Now that I’ve created seperate category’s for Movies and Concerts with their own poster walls and changed custom icons accordingly, I’m a very happy chap. And I’ve added custom wallpaper as well so it’s starting to look really nice.

Add to that the flexibility of other features, boot up speed, loading the movie walls, it really is a cracker of a player :smashin:

Last edited:
Ok, I’m liking the Z9X a lot. Now that I’ve created seperate category’s for Movies and Concerts with their own poster walls and changed custom icons accordingly, I’m a very happy chap. And I’ve added custom wallpaper as well so it’s starting to look really nice.

Add to that the flexibility of other features, boot up speed, loading the movie walls, it really is a cracker of a player :smashin:
Always good to here someone enjoying the Zidoo and tweaking it to there personal look etc .
Would you be looking at buying the newer models coming next year and what they could bring ?

Wondering what new Faster Realtek chipset will be used or a tweaked 1619 like before hand .
and the Z11 Pro will get a front headphone socket and bigger front display with more inf In Onyx Black 😎😎

Exciting times ahead

It's hard to say at this point after just getting the Z9X and being happy with it so far.
It depend on what comes out and with what
that may tick a box you have been waiting for …..

8K anyone 🙃🙃

6449E82F-5C52-4A31-B1A5-DBD8F2E6F130.jpeg
Think we may get some Defecting zappiti owners
i mean ouch $$$$😬😬

Is it me or is there an air of Russ Andrews about them, especially the audiocom version :D

Decided to give the Z9X another go. Last time had issues with ARC from TV, no problems now (hopefully) as have ATV for TV viewing rather than TV apps.

Suppose I should get a DV movie to test/rip as currently have nothing. Any recommendations for good examples...........

Is it me or is there an air of Russ Andrews about them, especially the audiocom version :D

There was a member who purchased a Audiocom model Zappiti i think and thought the Zidoo 3000 was much better ?

He may post to confirm his findings .

For the European market and GB it's game over. Zidoo and Dune are much more attractive and as good as Zappiti.
Plus there late to the party and a few firmwares to catch up on before a more stable product as such .

Decided to give the Z9X another go. Last time had issues with ARC from TV, no problems now (hopefully) as have ATV for TV viewing rather than TV apps.

Suppose I should get a DV movie to test/rip as currently have nothing. Any recommendations for good examples...........
I had ARC issues. You need to get a Lindy CEC less adaptor and put this into the HDMI port on the Z9X and connect you HDMI cable into the adaptor. Since I did that I've had zero issues. I also needed one for the the ATV as the ATV would always force my AVR to it's input.

LINDY HDMI CEC Less Adapter, Female to Male Amazon product ASIN B00DL48KVI

I had ARC issues. You need to get a Lindy CEC less adaptor and put this into the HDMI port on the Z9X and connect you HDMI cable into the adaptor. Since I did that I've had zero issues. I also needed one for the the ATV as the ATV would always force my AVR to it's input.

LINDY HDMI CEC Less Adapter, Female to Male Amazon product ASIN B00DL48KVI

Tried that, didn't work for me on my LG TV. I don't use CEC at all.

There was a member who purchased a Audiocom model Zappiti i think and thought the Zidoo 3000 was much better ?

He may post to confirm his findings .
Yes that was me. It was my Zidoo uhd2000. I compared it with. The Zidoo uhd3000 is better again.

In what way?
Picture and sound was better on the Zidoo UHD2000. On the zappiti the picture stutters some time. And takes you right out of the film. And the interface was slow and clunky.

Picture and sound was better on the Zidoo UHD2000. On the zappiti the picture stutters some time. And takes you right out of the film. And the interface was slow and clunky.

Think there frame rate is out and not got addressed ?

Think there frame rate is out and not got addressed ?
Yes. That's why I have the Zidoo plays everything perfect for me.

Any news on the Firmware 6.3.41 for the Z10 Pro?

i very much doubt we will get that to be honest it was to address ,test ,fix something minor …….
next one be more of a jump in fixes etc and H.T.4

Last edited:
Got my z9X for another play. Got it all set up no problem. Bit disappointed to find the scraping is so slow. Especially when trying to find something unmatched or re scraping. It can be instant which I think is how it should be but sometimes it takes an age to get a match.

Same on the wall sometimes, scroll down and the covers are all showing straight away. Other times I get lots of the grey no art versions.

I wonder if it's just something about my network that it doesn't like. No issues with anything else. Same when clicking the play, most of the time film starts, sometimes you get the little wheel like it's having trouble connecting with my NAS.

Not really sure what the issue is tbh. On the latest firmware 6.3.41 and using a wired connection.

Got my z9X for another play. Got it all set up no problem. Bit disappointed to find the scraping is so slow. Especially when trying to find something unmatched or re scraping. It can be instant which I think is how it should be but sometimes it takes an age to get a match.

Same on the wall sometimes, scroll down and the covers are all showing straight away. Other times I get lots of the grey no art versions.

I wonder if it's just something about my network that it doesn't like. No issues with anything else. Same when clicking the play, most of the time film starts, sometimes you get the little wheel like it's having trouble connecting with my NAS.

Not really sure what the issue is tbh. On the latest firmware 6.3.41 and using a wired connection.

can you for now try a usb / hard drive with movies on see if its any different to network connected to see if its your network issue etc ?

as in disconect network and just run fims via usb etc to test .

p.s. Need to reebot twice player after firmware update to stabilse etc

can you for now try a usb / hard drive with movies on see if its any different to network connected to see if its your network issue etc ?

as in disconect network and just run fims via usb etc to test .

p.s. Need to reebot twice player after firmware update to stabilse etc

Yeah rebooted a couple of times. I can try a USB drive, but that will mean starting again sorting out all the films. Suppose it's worth a try.....................

Won't it need network to scrape ?

Last edited:
Yeah rebooted a couple of times. I can try a USB drive, but that will mean starting again sorting out all the films. Suppose it's worth a try.....................

Films connected via a drive are instant start all the time
your saying at times its spinning via nas ?

i know its a pain but will see that its a network issue at least 👍

It sounds like it could be something to do with the Network or NAS as I dont get any of those slow problems at all. Playing is OK and the poster wall is OK. With the mismatches, I find I can redo those without issue. It just took a bit longer with 1917 and IT (1990). I had a problem with a few movies ending up with the same title so some appeared to be missing. With those I just sorted them through the file list and renamed them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom