ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

You can select where a particular category looks for content though. AS suggested, move your concert files to a new directory outside of where the player is looking for content for the movie category. New direct the concert category to location of the concert content. The files will not appear within the movie category, but will appear in the concert category.

This is looking to be my first negative of the player. Seems crazy to have to have seperate drives for a new Category.

It doesn't have to be another drive. Simply place them in a directory outside the one you are scanning on the same drive. You can choose individual directories on a volume and you don't have to include the entire volume.

My TV series and shows are for example in a different folder to mu films on my NAS. The movie category only looks the folder where I locate the film titles.

Just ensure the folder/directory you locate the concert files in is outside the directory you are scanning for movies.

A directory isn't the same thing as a volume or drive.

Last edited:
This is looking to be my first negative of the player. Seems crazy to have to have seperate drives for a new Category.
Maybe it can be added on a future firmware on the Movie posters wall when you click far left ?

It doesn't have to be another drive. Simply place them in a directory outside the one you are scanning on the same drive. You can choose individual directories on a volume and you don't have to include the entire volume.

My sries and shows are for example in a different folder to mu films on my NAS. THe movie category only scvans the folder where I locate the film titles.

Just ensure the folder/directory you locate the concert files in is outside the directory you are scanning for movies.

A directory isn't the same thing as a volume or drive.
Right ok. I need to look at this on my Synology NAS. Movies and Concerts are seperate Folders.
Maybe it can be added on a future firmware on the Movie posters wall when you click far left ?
Don’t know tbh.

Scrap what I posted about having just designated source directories for each catagory. It is simply the fact that the content is specifically TV shows that results in the nehaviour I'm describing and there doesn't actually appear to be a way to make a catagory only look in a specific directory as I siggested.

THe idividial sources are in fact all treated as one once you've added them to where the player should look.

No worries.

It must be something that could easily be added as a feature. Allow a specific category to scan a Folder in the Source and put that Folder in that category. Dune can do it.

I’d like to think this feature would come via a update. It just seems bonkers that it isn’t already available.

No worries.

It must be something that could easily be added as a feature. Allow a specific category to scan a Folder in the Source and put that Folder in that category. Dune can do it.
There is a way around it by filtering the Source Folders. Ideally though, that's not the way I want to do it. I want the content shown by category.

I've attached another drive and scanned the relative folder in there. But that folder cannot be attached to the newly created category.

I even messed about with Widgets and I still can't do it :thumbsdow

I know it seems a strange reason, but there you go. I saw a few firmwares saying optimised fan art or something or other so wondered if it had improved in recent months.
I agree I have installed a local drive and trying to get fanart on that instead of the nas but not much better to be honest. It seems like it downloads everything and loads into cache after every reboot. I have over 2000 posters under movie and I will always get to the film before the fanart is updated. My shield running emby doesn’t do this. It’s a shame as it’s the only thing I don’t like about the device.

Is there any news on the replacement to the Z9X?

Why would there need to be one? It uses the most current chipset and processor and includes the same ports you'd get with the most current models? What is it you are after, stripes down each side?

I'd assume if you were wanting something more than what the Z9X has to offer then Zidoo would expect you to buy the Z10 Pro?

Last edited:
Is there any news on the replacement to the Z9X?

If all goes the same way be Middle of next year .
slight bump in spec
AV1 support and Bluetooth spec 5.2 , Memory . Android 11 , New front Display Oled Even.
Chipset may have a tweak or totally diff chip but the firmware would start all over again …….

but apart from a few bugs the Rtd1619 has ironed out a lot of main bugs .
so be hard push for people to jump on a new replacement unless 8K ?
but thats still to early and still not much of it out apart from You Tube and …….

but were circa 10 months away so just enjoy whats out now .

Still enjoying my Zidoo uhd3000 amazing picture and sound. And so so easy to use with 2 14gb drives.

I’ve finally found a workable solution to having a movie poster wall that is just showing movies and a concerts poster wall that is just showing concerts.

I didn’t like having these mixed in one wall as I prefer having them split and now I have :thumbsup:

I can’t get mine to update for love nore money!! Driving me mad
Make sure you have the tick box ticked to receive beta updates .

Yeah have that, when I update on usb it errors with a checksum verify error which is blank!
You should receive update o.t.a. As soon as you boot up your box
then click to accept the download .

no usb etc is req
its a auto download from the net .

What Zidoo do you have ?

Last edited:
I have the same issue - Z9X on version 6.3.35. It’s not downloading/installing the beta. When I press the online update button, it says the sw is up to date?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom