ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

If trying to use the Zidoo and an external optical drive as you'd use a dedicated Blu-ray or UHD player then I'd suggest this isn't possible. AS said, you'd be prevented from playing protected discs and would be limited to using the drive to access content you'd stored on optical discs.

Yes, you can access files or content as you would if stored on an external HD or pen drive on the disc.

All the settings you's associate with the player would be applicable to anything you'd access and play that is stored on an optical disc.

Last edited:
“ Cinavia “

No, I don't want the external blu ray reader to use it as a dedicated BD player, I would use it for reading the files and for the Zidoo Z10 Pro to play it. I am asking this because want to buy an external USB reader but haven't done it yet for fear that it may not work.

Is there a definitive Z9X source, so that the device can be configured optimally, for first time use ?? I currently use a Z9S/10TB HD setup. I'm sure, that some of the settings have changed.

Is there a definitive Z9X source, so that the device can be configured optimally, for first time use ?? I currently use a Z9S/10TB HD setup. I'm sure, that some of the settings have changed.

If your looking for optimal settings ?
1st page of thread

2EF88A20-9F4C-4BAB-9353-CA2503D4B219.png
Whats coming ……with a one or two button press inf key button press

Top left real time Bit Rate inf etc

Difference Models Explained :

Model Z10 Pro
  • The color changed, the striping was deleted and the Zidoo logo on the front Raised / 3D look.
  • The PSU was reduced regarding size to 12V 2A (was 3A) which will now just do with one SATA HDD connected.
  • The Flash was increased to 32 GByte
There is no spare power left specifically if USB ports are fully loaded too or a second SATA HDD is connected (don't try a hot HDD swap under those conditions). I highly recommend to replace the PSU with a 12V 4A (earthed) unit when using this model with 2x SATA HDD"s.
Am I right in thinking that the Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro can each take 1 internal HDD?
If so, what does your last comment (when using this model with 2x SATA HDD"s) mean?

If you are connecting HDDs via the USB ports, and the HDDs have their own power, does this mean the Zidoo is not stressed?

And when using 1 internal HDD and 1 via a USB, does the Zidoo provide a movie poster page for all films, or only from one drive at a time?

And finally, if getting the Z10 Pro and replacing the PSU, do you have a link to any recommended 12V 4A supplies?

Thank you! :)

Am I right in thinking that the Z10 Pro and Z1000 Pro can each take 1 internal HDD?
If so, what does your last comment (when using this model with 2x SATA HDD"s) mean?

If you are connecting HDDs via the USB ports, and the HDDs have their own power, does this mean the Zidoo is not stressed?

And when using 1 internal HDD and 1 via a USB, does the Zidoo provide a movie poster page for all films, or only from one drive at a time?

And finally, if getting the Z10 Pro and replacing the PSU, do you have a link to any recommended 12V 4A supplies?

Thank you! :)
Both players have an internal drive bay as well as an external SATA port.

The players will amalgamate all the files it finds on multiple drives and show them on the poster wall simultaneously. This includes NAS and network drives and not just the internal drive or drives connected directly to the player. If the player can access them then you can add multiple directories from multiple sources.

Both players have an internal drive bay as well as an external SATA port.

The players will amalgamate all the files it finds on multiple drives and show them on the poster wall simultaneously. This includes NAS and network drives and not just the internal drive or drives connected directly to the player. If the player can access them then you can add multiple directories from multiple sources.
Thank you. They way my file backups work, I will use 2 drives with the Zidoo, and I will have multiple versions of some films across the two drives. Can I tell the Zidoo just to use some folders when building the poster wall? And when it find multiple versions of the same film, does it ask which version I want to use, or do I manually remove extra ones?

You can select the folders and directories where you'd like the player to look for files on multiple volimes. You can add as many directories as you like from different drives.

If you add instances of the same film then there will only be one entry on the poster wall, but the entry will list the 2 or more files as A, B, C etc as Anthologies. It basically treats them as though they are different versions of the same film. This is especisally the case if the files are named the same. I'd probably suggest you try tidy up you collection. You'd only be wasting disk space if storing the same files on different drives at the same time. Anyway, you can manually select files you'd like the player to ignore which may be an option for you to use if the number of duplicates you've got in your collection isn't that many?

Last edited:
You can select the folders and directories where you'd like the player to look for files. Ypu can add as many directories as you like from different drives.
Perfect, thanks.

If you add instances of the same film then there will only be one entry on the poster wall, but the entry will list the 2 or more files as A, B, C etc as Anthologies. THis is especisally the case if the files are named the same. I'd probably suggest you try tidy up you collection. You'd only be wasting disk space if storing the same files on different drives at the same time.
Excellent. It was such a pain copying all my discs in the first place, I don't want to have to do it again, so when I ended up with multiple versions of the same film, I decided I wouldn't delete any until I'd had a chance to test them, in case any have issues. Once I've watched through each film in full, I'll delete the spares if I saw no problems.

Anyway, you can manually select files you'd like the player to ignore which may be an option for you to use if the number of duplicates you've got in your collection isn;t that many?
Thanks. Well one way or another it looks like there'll be a way around it.

Re the HDDs:
Is there any advantage (other than aesthetics) if a drive is internal, connected via the external SATA port, or connected via usb? eg, is the Zidoo any faster with one method - and does it remember everything the same when powered on?

If using USB then the internal or an external drive connected via the SATA port should have a faster/better data tranfer rate.

Whether this actually effects you and or playback is another matter though?

If you intend transfering large amounts of data from one drive to another, from an external drive to the internal drive then you may experience faster results using the SATA port compared to if connecting a drive to one of the USB ports?

Last edited:
If using USB then the internal or an external drive connected via the SATA port should have a faster/better data tranfer rate.

Whether this actually effects you and or playback is another matter though?
Well I'd hope it doesn't affect playback. There's little point in having external usb ports if they don't work.

If you intend transfering large amounts of data from one drive to another, from an external drive to the internal drive then you may experience faster results using the SATA port compared to if connecting a drive to one of the USB ports?
Thanks. Although I won't be transferring any data.

And I assume all of this applies equally to the Z10 and Z1000?

Do you know the answer to the question I asked about the power supply for the Z10? Either where to get a good one, or whether it's needed if your HDDs have their own power?

The data transfer rates would be the same irrespective of whether you are using the Z10 Pro or the Z1000 Pro.

Sorry, I've no idea about using an alternative PSU?

Well I'd hope it doesn't affect playback. There's little point in having external usb ports if they don't work.

Thanks. Although I won't be transferring any data.

And I assume all of this applies equally to the Z10 and Z1000?

Do you know the answer to the question I asked about the power supply for the Z10? Either where to get a good one, or whether it's needed if your HDDs have their own power?
If your providing your own power to the external hard drives the Z10 power supply will be fine .

If you prefer all power coming from The Z10 Pro try and see if you have issues if so then Go 3amp - 4amp even 5 amp power supply .

Amazon do them but go for a better brand or the brick type version .

If your providing your own power to the external hard drives the Z10 power supply will be fine .
Thanks.

If you prefer all power coming from The Z10 Pro try and see if you have issues if so then Go 3amp - 4amp even 5 amp power supply .
Do we need a specific size and type of plug to fit into the Zidoo? I've always had tons of the 12v plugs left over from old electrical rubbish (don't worry, not thinking of using those), but they've always had different sized connectors on the end. I don't ever remember buying one, so I'm not sure what to look for.

Thanks.

Do we need a specific size and type of plug to fit into the Zidoo? I've always had tons of the 12v plugs left over from old electrical rubbish (don't worry, not thinking of using those), but they've always had different sized connectors on the end. I don't ever remember buying one, so I'm not sure what to look for.

Easiest thing is wait till your Z10 Pro Arrives and then match up the connection lead .
You might even have one that fits it as they are very small pin connections etc .

I found one from an old media box that fitted and matched power usage req .

Is futeko the place to order from? And do we have to add 20% vat to their prices, or is it more than that?

One last question on that: when you say 'see if you have issues', what sort of issues does it cause? Nothing bad I assume - does it power off when in use, or slow down, or what?

Is futeko the place to order from? And do we have to add 20% vat to their prices, or is it more than that?

One last question on that: when you say 'see if you have issues', what sort of issues does it cause? Nothing bad I assume - does it power off when in use, or slow down, or what?
If your from uk the price you see is the price you pay .
Eu it may work out cheaper all prices are on the Futeko site .

No damage the Zidoo may not see your drives or you may have odd moments accessing your drives etc or worse thing major issues with the Zidoo .
but common sense will kick in to diagnose if its the drives causing it then you will know to power up the drives on there own .

If your from uk the price you see is the price you pay .
Eu it may work out cheaper all prices are on the Futeko site .
That's odd - yesterday it was saying £216 plus taxes in your country. Today it's showing £260 inc VAT. Maybe the site got confused about where I was, although the VPN I was using was a location in the UK.

No damage the Zidoo may not see your drives or you may have odd moments accessing your drives etc or worse thing major issues with the Zidoo .
but common sense will kick in to diagnose if its the drives causing it then you will know to power up the drives on there own .
Thank you.

That's odd - yesterday it was saying £216 plus taxes in your country. Today it's showing £260 inc VAT. Maybe the site got confused about where I was, although the VPN I was using was a location in the UK.

Thank you.
Make sure you click on correct flag / origin etc
no stock till Aug 6th

Last edited:
coming soon!
system
1. Optimized occasional green flash while playing some DV MKVs
2. Fixed the problem of incorrect frame rate of individual 59.94 movies
3. Optimized NFS and SMB network playback.
4. Added the function of defining info button
5. Optimized file manager opens the list too slowly
Poster Wall
1. Optimized NFO parser
2. Optimized Trailer parser
3. Fixed occasional crash in the details interface
4. Added the path display switch on the detail interface
5. Optimized matching accuracy
6. Support trailer folder
7.Fixed while add a single movie to a category, the entire collection is incorrectly added to the category
Music player
1.Optimized rematch function
2.Support DSD CUE
3.Fixed can not return while enter an empty folder
4.Optimized playback stability

looking good :)

Sometimes I prefer substance over style :)

Price drop. - £15.85 per TB if you buy the 14 TB.
  • WD 16 TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0, Black has decreased from £277.05 to £274.43
  • WD 14 TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0, Black has decreased from £234.49 to £222
Hi, do you have a link for those? Or is a discount code needed?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom