ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

None of the firmwares will avoid warranty claims
unless you brick it .
but most can be resolved from a brick !
and is it Futeko you purchased from ?
would help out regardless if .

Yes. Futeko mate. I don't mess around with any of my AV gears. Will check Beta and give it a go.

Yes. Futeko mate. I don't mess around with any of my AV gears. Will check Beta and give it a go.
Its fairly straight forward to do just let it fully download to 100% then press ok to install
then it will auto boot up to home screen eventually .

( please wait till its fully loaded and on to zidoo Home screen first after firmware install )
Do not power off yourself !

Then you just need to reboot box a few times to re set itself etc

It has nothing at all to do with the dynamic frame rate display. It corrects the player not correctly detecting 23.976Hz frame rates. The player now correctly detects them and outputs content with its native fame rate.
I don't think I had that problem. Everything seems to have reported correctly on my TV.

So did the upgrade. Response time feels a tad slower than before.

Glad to see live bit rate pop-up with the film poster but it is not clear if its showing video + audio bit rate or just the video bit rate. Wish they showed one for video and one for audio.

So did the upgrade. Response time feels a tad slower than before.

Glad to see live bit rate pop-up with the film poster but it is not clear if its showing video + audio bit rate or just the video bit rate. Wish they showed one for video and one for audio.

You may need to reboot box a few times or power off
as far as i know there both for video Bit rate only .

1 Bit rate ( The Average )
2 Current Bit rate readings Live

What ive deducted

Last edited:
You may need to reboot box a few times or power off
as far as i know there both for video Bit rate only .

1 Bit rate ( The Average )
2 Current Bit rate readings Live

What ive deducted

Thanks. At least I am pleased to see it and its a step in the right direction for me to pause and whinge lol.

Thanks. At least I am pleased to see it and its a step in the right direction for me to pause and whinge lol.
Yep you will now be dissapointed that the Bit rate reading is now not High Enough . 😂😂

Its been ages now since i owned one but does the Shield give bit rate reading ?

Apple TV box does but its a long winded process to get developer HUD activated especially if you are outside Apple ecosystem.

I doubt Android by default offers this? If this is the case then it will be down to individual apps. I have about 4 or 5 different players but I haven't checked.

They have to implant bitrate pixies into the GPU. The pixies are experts at appraising the bitrate and use magic to enable them to get the player to display it :lesson:

Still no trailers though.

Trailers have now started to appear for some titles, but not for all. I'd not exactly call what the player is finding as being a trailer for all of the entries though. Some of the videos appear to be anything the player managed to find including the name or part of the name of the film? It's like randomly watching stuff posted to YouTube.

Apple TV box does but its a long winded process to get developer HUD activated especially if you are outside Apple ecosystem.

I doubt Android by default offers this? If this is the case then it will be down to individual apps. I have about 4 or 5 different players but I haven't checked.
I wonder how long before the Dune players get asked this request ?

Apple TV 4K developer HUD. Once enabled, we can see the tech bits on any streaming app.

Btw, this is very useful to detect incorrectly encoded streams. For instance, Devil Wears Prada is listed as 4K HDR10 on Disney+ but it's actually wrong tagged as the video output shows SDR with HD bit rates

Sample screenshots

Attachments

• IMG_20201106_215510666_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201106_215510666_HDR.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20201222_165308625.jpg
    IMG_20201222_165308625.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20201222_165422277.jpg
    IMG_20201222_165422277.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 42
Apple TV 4K developer HUD. Once enabled, we can see the tech bits on any streaming app.

Btw, this is very useful to detect incorrectly encoded streams. For instance, Devil Wears Prada is listed as 4K HDR10 on Disney+ but it's actually wrong tagged as the video output shows SDR with HD bit rates

Sample screenshots
That might explain the issues with some other Disney+ not HDR titles that Vincent found in the past. Actually thinking about it, I think he said the same things after analysing the output. If that is the case then it might be deliberate.

Last edited by a moderator:
CCF84C49-FE9C-4D39-A8F9-322E3AA30D40.png
Looks like path inf will be ommited for a cleaner looking poster Art
with a tick box option coming soon ……. 😊😊

Got the new update and all working fine 🙂

Is that really Atmos? Thought this was released only in Germany with DTS-HD MA 5.1?

Think in Hindi was realeased in 7.1 Dolby Atmos

Which means its a dub. Would have preferred Telugu or Tamil.
  • Blu-ray ALL India - Reliance Home Video & Games​

• Extras:
      Scene access to the songs of the film:
      1. Kaun Hai Woh
      2. Khoya Hai
      3. Panchi Boley
      4. Jal Rahin Hai
      5. Mamta Se Bhari
      6. Manohari
    • Subtitles:
      English (optional)
    • Aspect Ratio:
      2.32:1
    • Picture Format:
      1080p24 AVC MPEG-4
    • Soundtrack(s):
      Hindi Dolby Atmos 7.1
      Hindi Dolby Digital 5.1
    • Case type:
      Keep Case
    • UPC Number:

• Special thanks to Rewind user Jesper_Ørsted for providing these specifications.

• Have you spotted a mistake in these specifications? If so, let us know via our forums.

• Return to top of page

• Blu-ray B Germany - Splendid Film
    Limited Edition

• Extras:
      DISC ONE
      * The Film - Indian Theatrical Version
      Bonus Trailers
      • Rock the Kasbah (1:55)
      • The Forest (2:28)
      • Commando (2:10)
      • Memories of the Sword (1:56)
      • Lethal Warrior (1:24)
      • Dragon Blade (2:01)
      • Hollywood Adventures (2:12)
      • Assassination (1:41)
      • Rurouni Kenshin (2:23)
      • Lupin the 3rd (1:37)

DISC TWO
      * The Film - International Version
    • Subtitles:
      German
    • Aspect Ratio:
      2.35:1
    • Picture Format:
      1080p24 AVC MPEG-4
    • Soundtrack(s):
      Telugu DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
      German DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    • Case type:
      Special Case
    • Notes:
      Packaged in a Mediabook case with a 24 page booklet.

Is that really Atmos? Thought this was released only in Germany with DTS-HD MA 5.1?

The audio format indication is totally dependant on what info is added to the file name by a user. The player has no ability to read this from the header to automatically determine what should be divulged via the poster wall. I could make it look as though all my titles have Atmos is I so wished by simply adding truehdatmos to the file name. Note that you'd also need to add the channels so that the 7.1 appears beneath the format. Adding them relative to Atmos and or DTS:X is a bit pointless though. Atmos is object based and not channel based. The 7.1 is in reference to the TrueHD or DD+ element of the audio package that the Atmos metadata is accompanying. There's no such thing as 7.1 Atmos.

Last edited:
Hi

Is it possible to connect an external USB 3.0 Blu ray reader to play movies with Dolby Vision? Can Zidoo Z10 Pro recognize and read the BDs? If yes, does it keep the DV or HDR settings?

Hi

Is it possible to connect an external USB 3.0 Blu ray reader to play movies with Dolby Vision? Can Zidoo Z10 Pro recognize and read the BDs? If yes, does it keep the DV or HDR settings?

From what I gather then yes, this is possible. I've not tried it though.

It will not apparently play orginal protected discs though and only copies with the protection stripped?

Given that you'd need to have copied the oroginal disc and then stored it as an ISO on another disc to be able to play it, I'd suggest it isn't worth the hassle involved. The players will read files stored on optical discs though.

Last edited:
From what I gather then yes, this is possible. I've not tried it though.

It will not apparently play orginal protected discs though and only copies with the protection stripped?

Given that you'd need to have copied the oroginal disc and then stored it as an ISO on another disc to be able to play it, I'd suggest it isn't worth the hassle involved. The players will read files stored on optical discs though.
My idea is to have it attached via USB to the Zidoo Z10 Pro and have the Zidoo read the external source, and play the Blu ray with the BD menu settings, . If this is possible (I do not know) then should it be able to reproduce all the HDR settings? Meaning keeping HDR10 and Dolby Vision as is ? Again, I do not want an external blu ray reader to play the movie, just use it as I would use a USB pen drive or external HDD. Again can anybody confirm me it's possible? And also with the HDR/DV settings?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom