ZIDOO Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO X - Dolby Vision VS10 Owners Thread

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Hi, do you have a link for those? Or is a discount code needed?

Thanks

Prices have gone up mate since I lasted posted. You will have to wait for price drops or try on eBay as I saw few Seagate 16 TBs Brand New selling for £270 including postage.

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Prices have gone up mate since I lasted posted. You will have to wait for price drops or try on eBay as I saw few Seagate 16 TBs Brand New selling for £270 including postage.
Thanks. Were those prices direct from WD store, with no discount code? If so, I'll just keep an eye out for when the prices are ok again.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Thanks. Were those prices direct from WD store, with no discount code? If so, I'll just keep an eye out for when the prices are ok again.

Sold by Amazon UK or direct from WD storefront.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Be careful there not 4k drives as The Android os wont detect them …….

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Since v6.3.22 changelogs:
system
1. Optimized occasional green flash while playing some DV MKVs
2. Fixed the problem of incorrect frame rate of individual 59.94 contents
3. Optimized NFS and SMB network playback.
4. Added the function of defining info button
5. Optimized file manager opens the list too slowly

Poster Wall
1. Optimized NFO parser
2. Optimized Trailer parser
3. Fixed occasional crash in the details interface
4. Added the path display switch on the detail interface
5. Optimized matching accuracy
6. Support trailer folder
7.Fixed while add a single movie to a category, the entire collection is incorrectly added to the category

Music player
1.Optimized rematch function
2.Support DSD CUE
3.Fixed can not return while enter an empty folder
4.Optimized playback stability

v6.3.26
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.26/Z9X_P_v6.3.26_202107301020_ota-package.zip
MD5: EA561A6CF841115E97E1E4E3426AFB23

v6.3.26_G
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.3.26/Z9X_P_v6.3.26_G_202107301429_ota-package.zip
MD5: 3801AF80AD9B4DE89BCFB94322962137
For Z9X only v6.3.26 beta !

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Eh? What aren't 4k drives?
Android is not compatible with 4K native drives so it would need to be a drive with a 512e emulation mode.

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Android is not compatible with 4K native drives so it would need to be a drive with a 512e emulation mode.
I'm sorry I have no idea what you're talking about :laugh:

Are you talking about hard disk drives and their compatibility with the Zidoos?

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
I'm sorry I have no idea what you're talking about :laugh:

Are you talking about hard disk drives and their compatibility with the Zidoos?

Correct newer drives 16tb and above Android are having issues with the newer drives reconising some model drives .
Weather this has been resolved now …….?

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Correct newer drives 16tb and above Android are having issues with the newer drives reconising some model drives .
Weather this has been resolved now …….?
Oo, just as well I asked. So does that mean all 14TB drives and below, new and old, are fine?

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member

dooby

Standard Member
Hi,just a quick question.Is the power socket on the z9x a 2.5mm plug....thanks heaps.All good now i worked it out.

Last edited:

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Hopefully this will resolve the stuttering issues with SMB streaming that have appeared since recent updates.

No idea
i never use any network streaming ……… so never have issues with my Movies they just play regardless via storage .
Just takes out one headache from using these Media Boxes .
but were all diff and are needs . 👍

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
A brief test and it does seem to have fixed it. I'll watch something later to properly see.

Just waiting for the release to all the Z series and the Bit Rate live in corner of screen . 😊

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
You almost got it.
IF you add a # symbol between the number and the description then the A,B,C will be replaced with the description.
example: Apocalypse Now (1#Theatrical)
Apocalypse Now (2#Redux)
Apocalypse Now (3#Final Cut)

This sort of stuff is really useful. Along with details on how to get data from IMDB etc, I wonder if it would be useful to have a thread dedicated to this sort of thing?

Coulson

Distinguished Member
This sort of stuff is really useful. Along with details on how to get data from IMDB etc, I wonder if it would be useful to have a thread dedicated to this sort of thing?
This information and more already exists in a dedicated useful settings Zidoo thread. but they don't highlight an important caveat. The (#1 {text}) has to be the very last thing before the file extension otherwise it doesn't work.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member

Its best keep everything on one thread id say
or it will just confuse everything and everyone where to go.

Look at the numerous and many Dune threads on here . 😎😎

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Its best keep everything on one thread id say
or it will just confuse everything and everyone where to go.
Ok, but there are Two thousand posts here. You can't seriously expect a newcomer to read all of them to find out how best to set up their storage?

Is it possible to have the details on getting file info etc from IMDB, and how to name multiple copies etc in the first few posts? I just stumbled on the post I quoted.

Alternatively, on your first post we could simply have a link to somewhere the details are explained.

rrs

Standard Member
Ok, but there are Two thousand posts here. You can't seriously expect a newcomer to read all of them to find out how best to set up their storage?

Is it possible to have the details on getting file info etc from IMDB, and how to name multiple copies etc in the first few posts? I just stumbled on the post I quoted.

Alternatively, on your first post we could simply have a link to somewhere the details are explained.
For Multiple copies of the same film this is what I do. I have a bunch of movies in both 3D and 4k format of the same movie. I don't want two posters of the movie so I do the following to get them behind the same poster.
1. Once your movies are scanned into HT4 rename them in the "source" directory as follows. Note I like my 4k movie to be the default movie shown when the poster is opened so I name it first.
Also I put the movies into separate folder in my source directory. If you keep them in the same folder then the last part of this tutorial may not be needed.
Source directory folders
Example : Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)(3D)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)(4k)
In my source directory these would be the two folder containing the movies.
2. Name movies in each folder:
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) 1080p DTSHD-MA 3D (2#3D).mkv
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) 2160p TrueHD Atmos HDR (1#4k).mkv
So the resolution and Audio quality is what I added to file name the 3D or HDR I also add just for my clarification.
THE Important info is what is in Parentheses just before the extension.
The 1 will show up first and the 2 second the 4k and 3D is what you will see. (see photo attached)
3. Now re-scan the HT4 in Zidoo.
4. Look for the Posters for the movies.
If the movies are in separate folder in your source directory you will have two posters for the movie. One will have the 4k the other the 3D. Select each one and verify.
5. To get the two movies to appear in the same poster select one of the movies it doesn't matter which one.
6. On the remote use the POP MENU button then "Re Match" the movie. In this example I would rematch to "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)".
7. Now select the other poster movie and ReMatch it.
8. The two movie should now be together behind the same poster.

Iv'e used this same method to add extras to a movie. All those be-hind the scenes and commentary that are included with the disk. If there is interest I can write up a guide for that. Also I use a program called TinyMediaMatters. This program will create NFO files make it easier to select additional artwork or add your own custom posters to the HT file.
#FB.jpg

Coulson

Distinguished Member
For Multiple copies of the same film this is what I do. I have a bunch of movies in both 3D and 4k format of the same movie. I don't want two posters of the movie so I do the following to get them behind the same poster.
1. Once your movies are scanned into HT4 rename them in the "source" directory as follows. Note I like my 4k movie to be the default movie shown when the poster is opened so I name it first.
Also I put the movies into separate folder in my source directory. If you keep them in the same folder then the last part of this tutorial may not be needed.
Source directory folders
Example : Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)(3D)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)(4k)
In my source directory these would be the two folder containing the movies.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) 2160p TrueHD Atmos HDR (1#4k).mkv
So the resolution and Audio quality is what I added to file name the 3D or HDR I also add just for my clarification.
THE Important info is what is in Parentheses just before the extension.
The 1 will show up first and the 2 second the 4k and 3D is what you will see. (see photo attached)
3. Now re-scan the HT4 in Zidoo.
4. Look for the Posters for the movies.
If the movies are in separate folder in your source directory you will have two posters for the movie. One will have the 4k the other the 3D. Select each one and verify.
5. To get the two movies to appear in the same poster select one of the movies it doesn't matter which one.
6. On the remote use the POP MENU button then "Re Match" the movie. In this example I would rematch to "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)".
7. Now select the other poster movie and ReMatch it.
8. The two movie should now be together behind the same poster.

Iv'e used this same method to add extras to a movie. All those be-hind the scenes and commentary that are included with the disk. If there is interest I can write up a guide for that. Also I use a program called TinyMediaMatters. This program will create NFO files make it easier to select additional artwork or add your own custom posters to the HT file. View attachment 1549790
With the recent versions of HT in the last month or so you don't need to do any of that. HT now always puts two or more versions of the same film under one poster. In fact I wish I had control over that and could split a couple of them :) But it is nice that we can control the labelling which is useful for special editions and labelling extras. But even this isn't strictly necessary because the file path for each entry is shown below the file listing.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
I find you can never have a definite guide to H.T.v4 as its always changing and evolving with every firmware .
But getting slowly better with more & more options added .

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
View attachment 1549790
Thanks, that sounds good.

I've not tried any of this since I haven't got my Zidoo yet. How do you get the poster in the first place? I know the Zidoo can scan, so is it automatic? Or do you have to tell it where to look etc?

And I see your file names are not standard etc, with the extra info you've added, but that hasn't affected the poster.

And this method of putting the different versions in order for one film is great - how do you put films into a collection, and have those individual posters in order within the collection?

Last edited:

Coulson

Distinguished Member
Thanks, that sounds good.

I've not tried any of this since I haven't got my Zidoo yet. How do you get the poster in the first place? I know the Zidoo can scan, so is it automatic? Or do you have to tell it where to look etc?

And I see your file names are not standard etc, with the extra info you've added, but that hasn't affected the poster.

And this method of putting the different versions in order for one film is great - how do you put films into a collection, and have those individual posters in order within the collection?
Posters are created automatically. You can choose a different poster from a limited set or you can choose your own local posters. You can also tell the Zidoo to always prefer locally stored poster images. The same applies to posters within a collection. Collections are also automatic but you can disband them, move files into different ones or create your own.

Filenames for movies are more or less Kodi standard. But you need to add the audio type (e.g. dtshd) if you want the tag to appear in the poster details. Scanning is much faster than Kodi and usually accurate. Fixing mistakes is very easy and which when you know how

TV show scanning is a different matter. It's getting better but it is still no where near as good as Kodi it Plex. Basically a work in progress :)

Scanning gets a little more complicated when a match is not found at all, not even a wrong one. Again it's pretty simple once you work out how to fix them but it will take time to work it out. This will be frustrating if you have dozens of non matched files which can happen frequently with TV shows. Especially locally stored DVDs and BRs.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

StormAudio launches ISP Core 16 AV processor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cabasse launches limited edition Pearl Pelegrina speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 22nd September 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Creative introduces Sound Blaster Katana V2 soundbar