ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Hello.

Looking at the Ziddo 1000 Pro or the UHD3000 is there any reason to pick the UHD3000 over the 1000Pro the UHD3000 has a dedicated audio output would I miss anything by buying the 1000Pro which does not have a dedicated audio output.

Thanks

Hi
For Music / Movies
UHD 3000 Model is more for the High End Audio stereo 2 channel side of things as such with more storage 2 x 3.5inch drives.

For Movies
If its for Movie Playback mainly the Z1000 Pro be the one to go for if they are your two choices .

Both will give the same Movie Pic Quality output as use same 1619 chipset

More inf on first page of this thread .

Last edited:
Hello.

Looking at the Ziddo 1000 Pro or the UHD3000 is there any reason to pick the UHD3000 over the 1000Pro the UHD3000 has a dedicated audio output would I miss anything by buying the 1000Pro which does not have a dedicated audio output.

Can I ask are there any probles with the UHD3000 as I have read on other forums there were a few bugs have they been sorted out does anyone know.

Thanks
I use the uhd3000 just about every day and never had any problems. I also use two internal 16tb hard drives in it and works perfect

Thank you all very much for replying so looks like as this is a movie only situation then I will plumb for the 1000 Pro. I just wonder why the 1000 pro does not have a dedicated audio HDMI output, though it must not make much difference.

Thank you all very much for replying so looks like as this is a movie only situation then I will plumb for the 1000 Pro. I just wonder why the 1000 pro does not have a dedicated audio HDMI output, though it must not make much difference.
Only use full if your AVR doesn’t support all the picture standard you like, eg Dolby Vision, in which case you can send the 4k video direct to the tv and still send the audio separately to your older AVR. Was useful in the early days of 4k but less so if you have a more recent AVR.

Only use full if your AVR doesn’t support all the picture standard you like, eg Dolby Vision, in which case you can send the 4k video direct to the tv and still send the audio separately to your older AVR. Was useful in the early days of 4k but less so if you have a more recent AVR.
Yes my reason for asking is I will have this set up in the AV Room so I would send the video straight to the Projector and the audio to the av receiver. From what you are saying I can do that with the 1000 Pro because there is no reference to that particular setup in the manual I have looked at on line, but from what you are saying that is possible in settings is it.

Why can’t you send the video to the pj from the AVR? The 1000 only has 1 HDMI out so can’t do what you want.

Why can’t you send the video to the pj from the AVR? The 1000 only has 1 HDMI out so can’t do what you want.
Yes I kind of assumed that myself with only being one output but assumed you could change the setting to configure another setup meaning the other HDMI port but now as you have pointed out that is not possible.

I could do as you sggest but I preferred a direct connection from the source meaning media player it saves muddying the water with the avr then connect the sound directly to the Denon A110 so looks like I would have to plumb for the 3000 UHD @ £849. Or do you think there is nothing to be gained doing it my way and just better to do as you suggest connect the 1000 Pro into the avr suppose I could hook it up that way. As it would save me £530 as I can buy this 1000 pro media player for £295. Just looking some advice and what you have stated does make more sense if I am being honest.

What AVR do you have, if you turn off osd and all video processing (video conversion) or video scaling you should see little degradation in reality..

Last edited:
Hello as already stated I have the Denon A110

Yes I kind of assumed that myself with only being one output but assumed you could change the setting to configure another setup meaning the other HDMI port but now as you have pointed out that is not possible.

I could do as you sggest but I preferred a direct connection from the source meaning media player it saves muddying the water with the avr then connect the sound directly to the Denon A110 so looks like I would have to plumb for the 3000 UHD @ £849. Or do you think there is nothing to be gained doing it my way and just better to do as you suggest connect the 1000 Pro into the avr suppose I could hook it up that way. As it would save me £530 as I can buy this 1000 pro media player for £295. Just looking some advice and what you have stated does make more sense if I am being honest.
I've tried some of the cheaper ones and still prefer the UHD3000. For me the sound and picture is better. Maybe something to do with the power supply.

Great, turn off osd and video processing and see if you can spot a difference picture wise going via AVR or direct, hopefully you shouldn’t see much. With osd and processing you can..

I've tried some of the cheaper ones and still prefer the UHD3000. For me the sound and picture is better. Maybe something to do with the power supply.
I think the UHD1000 & UHD3000 are near identical bar the UHD3000 having dual HDMI out and better DACs for analogue audio. Did you compare UHD3000 vs UHD1000 or just to the lower ones with external PSUs.

Umm, same chipset on all of them. So sorry don't think so. Quite a hefty amount of expectation bias going on me thinks.

Umm, same chipset on all of them. So sorry don't think so. Quite a hefty amount of expectation bias going on me thinks.
My friend came up with his 1000 and we compared them on my 4k jvc projector and yes we could hear and see the difference. But on a 65 inch tv screen we could not see any difference. But could still hear the difference. All depends what you are using

My friend came up with his 1000 and we compared them on my 4k jvc projector and yes we could hear and see the difference. But on a 65 inch tv screen we could not see any difference. But could still hear the difference. All depends what you are using
How was the sound hooked up, HDMI or analogue?

Analogue better sound. It is a pity that 7.1 analog imputs are not proposed with 1000pro and 3000
Agree on the analogue, although not bothered by that as have seperate stereo streamers and dacs for that, but was wondering if the better PSU (not dacs) makes a differcence, if I'm reading it right, the suggestion above is a difference in picture and audio was there in a home cinemasetup, i.e. better picture and listening to AV audio via I presume HDMI...

Hello.

Can I ask are there any probles with the UHD3000 as I have read on other forums there were a few bugs have they been sorted out does anyone know.

Thanks
This a question I ask.

Happy with 1000pro and now I can read my isacd iso multichannel even it is converted in LCPM ( veery hard to listen differences between native and LPCM)

Im hesitating in replacing the zidoo 1000pro by 3000 or dune hd max bor a better hifi sound and better sound in movies.

Zidoo 3000 costs 999€ and dune 640€ buz zidoo has a better dac and maybe a better transformer.

What do you think?

thank you

One think more, for the moment none is able to read DVD-Audio with MLP stereo and multichannel. It is a pity. the player only able to schedule Classical stereo and dolby/dts.. Maybe ina next firmware.

What exactly was different? And just to be sure your mate had the Z1000 Pro not the previous gen Z1000?.

Last edited:
Looking at a Zidoo player. I have BluRay ISO/BDMV, 3D BluRay ISO/BDMV,MKV and UHD DV/HDR10/HDR10+ ISO/BDMV,MKV. All of my files are local or cloud.

Which device is recommeded? I do not need a hard drive bay. Thank you

What exactly was different? And just to be sure your mate had the Z1000 Pro not the previous gen Z1000?.
The picture just looks better you could see more in depth just like oppo and Panasonic the oppo always looks better.
And it was the pro.

Quite a lot of input since my last query. You see I always preferred two separate HDMI outputs one for sound and video I always preferred hooking up a blu ray player cough hard drive media player that way as it always gave the best picture and sound. So reading the forums for ages I was going to plumb for the Dune HD Ultra Vision 4K as its on sale at £1000 or the Zidoo UHD3000 so I will go with the Zidoo as the forums suggest there are some problems associated with the Dune’s I realise no media player is problem free but Zidoo seem to sort any problems according what I am reading whereas Dune can take ages to sort problems also what was the craic of the Dune HD Max Vision 4K not making it through UK Customs seemingly it was a power supply issue. Anyway did not expect to spend over £800 on a hard drive media player but looks like I am forced to as this is the only player that meets my expectations Zappiti is the one I would have purchased but is way over priced for the Neo at £714 and the Zidoo UHD3000 @ £800 Zappiti are charging £1169 for their Reference model and is essentially the same thing as the UHD3000. So Zidoo it is thank you to all who replied much appreciated. With a recession looming and the cost of living it is well Zappiti can hold onto stock and weather the storm though half a loaf is better than no loaf at all Zappiti have lost a sale becuase of their pricing though you will get the Zappiti fan boys replying stating all sorts wont bother me in the slightest I paid with my hard earned cash and that has swayed my purchase making decision as you can price yourself out of the market And it looks like Zappiti have done a fantastic job at doing just that shame really.

Last edited:
Looking at a Zidoo player. I have BluRay ISO/BDMV, 3D BluRay ISO/BDMV,MKV and UHD DV/HDR10/HDR10+ ISO/BDMV,MKV. All of my files are local or cloud.

Which device is recommeded? I do not need a hard drive bay. Thank you
Get the Z9X. Same chipset as more expensive models so sound and PQ of your movies will be identical.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom