ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

does the z9x support 4K-HDR./Dobly Atmos sound for streaming services such as netflix/prime/disney+/hbo. max ?

does the z9x support 4K-HDR./Dobly Atmos sound for streaming services such as netflix/prime/disney+/hbo. max ?

I'd suggest not using any of the Zidoo boxes to access streaming services. This isn't their strong point and while you may get support one minute, you may just aseasilly lose it the next. If wanting a media streamer as opposed rto a media player then I'd suggest you ;ook elsewhere or uise another device alongside the Zidoo.

Despite being able to install various apps on the players. Zidoo themselves wont endeavour to ensure those apps run and don't even suggest you install them in their own support discussions:

No, it really isn't the device for those things. Support is very limited. Where it excels is local streaming of ripped content.

*edit snap

thanks
what do u guys think of the HDR to SDR. tone mapping capability of the player today? has it been improved upon since when it first launched? i have had it for a very short period when it first got launched but i wasn't impressed by the hdr to sdr tone mapping video quality which why i went back to HTPC/Madvr. solution, wonder if it got any better today...

You still have two options. You've got the standard Realtek HDR to SDR which works ok, but not that great. You can also use the VS10 engine to do the tone mapping using an SDR custom EDID. This seems to work a bit better. Still not close to HTPC/MadVR though.

If they could make a box with decent tone mapping it would sell like hotcakes, well for PJ users anyway.

My Z10 Pro cannot seem to get good network speed. I am plugin into my switch with an ethernet cord. I am getting around 60-80 Mbps. And with wifi I get the same result. If i use the same ethernet cord and test on mac book, I get over 900-1000 Mbps? Any idea how to fix this? I even reset the box?

Thank you

My Z10 Pro cannot seem to get good network speed. I am plugin into my switch with an ethernet cord. I am getting around 60-80 Mbps. And with wifi I get the same result. If i use the same ethernet cord and test on mac book, I get over 900-1000 Mbps? Any idea how to fix this? I even reset the box?

Thank you
How are you testing this? Internet speed test app? Do you have any speed issue playing back local contents?

Another Highly Recommended Zidoo Player Award :

Under "Display" menu there is a setting "Screen ratio" and a sub-setting "Display Mode" with 3 options:
1. Compression
2. Screen Cover
3. Compression(GUI)

Any ideas what this is for and which sub-setting must be selected?

Thank you
Does anyone know if i can add a usb ethernet dongle?

Try a reset. Normal is 60-80 MBytes/sec.

Are we sure we’re not mixing Mb/s (mega bits) with MB/s (mega bytes), i.e. 100 MBytes = 800 Mbits..

Thank you

I know my Z9s connected directly to the router via Cat7 maxes out at 230mb/s via speed test when everything else can hit 930mb/s fine. Not sure if it’s a limitation of its browser or the network card itself.

I know my Z9s connected directly to the router via Cat7 maxes out at 230mb/s via speed test when everything else can hit 930mb/s fine. Not sure if it’s a limitation of its browser or the network card itself.
It is neither but your setup in one way or the other. Have seen wire speed gigabit (=110 MBytes/sec) on all my Zidoo media players. I am using ordinary Cat5+ on my network but using relative short cables (10m max). Typically a HDD transfer runs between 60-80 MBytes/sec.

It is neither but your setup in one way or the other. Have seen wire speed gigabit (=110 MBytes/sec) on all my Zidoo media players. I am using ordinary Cat5+ on my network but using relative short cables (10m max). Typically a HDD transfer runs between 60-80 MBytes/sec.
I mean I’m not convinced, given the cable is also only 10m and the 25m cat8 cable I have going outside to the PC upstairs linked by 1.5m cat5e at both ends runs at 930mb/s just fine.

That being said I have absolutely no issues streaming from my NAS to that Zidoo so there must be an issue somewhere.

Tried to swap the Zidoo with something else having no speed issues? This using identical network conditions?

OMG! This is the same for me! See attached for router speed test. My AppleTV get full speed and all my other devices BUT for Zidoo i can't get over 90? I have sent Zidoo support an email and have yet to hear back from them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 8.49.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 8.49.40 AM.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 38
OMG! This is the same for me! See attached for router speed test. My AppleTV get full speed and all my other devices BUT for Zidoo i can't get over 90? I am testing network speed via Chrome. Is there another way to confirm network speed? I have sent Zidoo support an email and have yet to hear back from them.

OMG! This is the same for me! See attached for router speed test. My AppleTV get full speed and all my other devices BUT for Zidoo i can't get over 90? I have sent Zidoo support an email and have yet to hear back from them.
I also tested the same connection ethernet cord on AppleTV and got full speed to make sure cable etc was working correctly.

Beta v6.7.17 for Neo S - Neo Alpha

Change logs:

System
1. Optimized the USB audio function.
2. Fixed the problem that the audio input is incorrectly switched by the shortcut key of the source selection.
3. Optimized system languages translation.
4. Optimized occasional Roon ready connection failure problem.
5. Optimized the volume pass-through mode, when the HDMI cable is unplugged, the sound from Optical is low.
6. Added the function of decoding DSD multi-channel into PCM multi-channel.
7. Added Tidal Connect function.

Poster wall
1. Added the function to mark watched icon manually for TV series.
2. Added manual tagging function on the movie details interface.
3. Optimized NFO information loading.
4. Optimized the problem that the trailer cannot be obtained.
5. Fixed the problem that the playback record of Trakt TV series is incorrect.
6. Optimized the IMDB score function.
7. Optimized the soundtrack function.
8. Optimized the manual matching function of TV series.

Local player
1. Optimized the problem that subtitles cannot be searched for some films.
2. Added follow the default flag for subtitle and audio track functions for MKV movies.
3. Added more playback interfaces for third-party players.
4. Modified the problem that fast forwarding to the end of the video does not take effect.
5. Optimized the problem that the automatic frame rate of some films does not take effect.
6. Optimized the problem that subtitles of some films do not take effect when external subtitles are prioritized.
7. Added MKV video subtitle follow subtitle disable flag.
8. Fixed the occasional problem that the subtitles are not effective in mobile phone controller.
9. Optimized forced subtitle settings.
10. Optimized playback stability.

Music player
Notice:Upgrade to 7.0, will full rescan the music Library.
1. Added sorting function for songs album and artist.
2. The song list shows in the album of relevant artist.
3. Optimized the display of lyrics.
4. Added the function of clearing the image cache.
5. Optimized the display of artist information.
6. Optimized the display of artist details album user interface.
7. Optimized the display of the number of SACD sound channels.
8. Added SACD preferred locale settings.
9. Optimized the decoding setting function.
10. Optimized the online matching function.
11. Fixed the problem that the album interface is not sorted correctly.
12. Optimized the sampling rate decoding setting.
13. Added the support for SACD file CUE.

Boot Wizard
1. Optimized some language translation errors.
2. Optimized the sampling rate decoding setting.

Quick Settings
1. Optimized some language translation errors.
2. Optimized the sampling rate control function.
3. Added the audio EDID display of the current output device.
4. Optimized the default language setting function under the playback setting menu.

Note : What will be coming for the rest of the models as such. 👍

I think it is intended similar to early Z9X try outs but in this case for Neo S. The Neo Alpha was added to get a few extra testers including myself in the loop.

A general release will most likely not take more than a week depending on what the reactions/problems found are.

I have no idea if there is coming a MP7 functional differentiation between earlier and newer Neo models?

The big changes I have seen:
  • Above all it seems to be using an entirely new scanning engine. Performance about 1.000 tracks per minute which makes this really fly for the first time. Tested myself up to 20.000 tracks in a single scan. Scanned my CD and SACD collections as a start and must say starting to like using the folder feature instead of Media Center now for advanced displays.
  • SACD support with indications of 2.0, 5.1 or 2.0 & 5.1 being present and more relevant all played now. The new display is expected to be added to the Zidoo Controller APP later. The Alpha plays with DSD via HDMI and other models with DSD =>PCM including 5.1 tracks. A 2.0/5.1 preference can be set in MP7 setup and also be changed interactive using the Audio button on the remote. In fact it became a truly great SACD player even beating my OPPO here
  • The Artist view was replaced by an Album Artist view finally. Must still find out how it works exactly but starting to produce an usable view but still has some strange effects. No idea yet what it does exactly with Tagged tracks?
  • Lyrics seem to be working better but still seeing HTML codes with a (very) few titles.

My first verdict this is really an essential big update and merits changing from MP6 to MP7.

I think it is intended similar to early Z9X try outs but in this case for Neo S. The Neo Alpha was added to get a few extra testers including myself in the loop.

A general release will most likely not take more than a week depending on what the reactions/problems found are.

I have no idea if there is coming a MP7 functional differentiation between earlier and newer Neo models?

The big changes I have seen:
  • Above all it seems to be using an entirely new scanning engine. Performance about 1.000 tracks per minute which makes this really fly for the first time. Tested myself up to 20.000 tracks in a single scan. Scanned my CD and SACD collections as a start and must say starting to like using the folder feature instead of Media Center now for advanced displays.
  • SACD support with indications of 2.0, 5.1 or 2.0 & 5.1 being present and more relevant all played now. The new display is expected to be added to the Zidoo Controller APP later. The Alpha plays with DSD via HDMI and other models with DSD =>PCM including 5.1 tracks. A 2.0/5.1 preference can be set in MP7 setup and also be changed interactive using the Audio button on the remote. In fact it became a truly great SACD player even beating my OPPO here
  • The Artist view was replaced by an Album Artist view finally. Must still find out how it works exactly but starting to produce an usable view but still has some strange effects. No idea yet what it does exactly with Tagged tracks?
  • Lyrics seem to be working better but still seeing HTML codes with a (very) few titles.

My first verdict this is really an essential big update and merits changing from MP6 to MP7.

What Music lovers have been long waiting for all this time
MP7 update etc

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom