ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

I think it's pretty clear that as far picture quality goes the Dune and Zappiti are identical. Zappiti's redeeming point is the user experience and collection management, though sadly the UI seems to be a bit laggy. I think what's being argued here is essentially whether the user interface is worth more than double the cost of the Dune because not much else changes (though having both HDD slots in the front on the Zappiti is great). I would say that there's extra value in that but maybe not quite that much.

At the beginning we all thought the Zapitti were as such a Brand New 1619rtd Player on the market ……

But later on found out it was a such Just there own ui fairy dust etc bolted on top of a DUNE
with a huge price tag on top .

Wether its worth the Extra $$$

thats down to the consumer .

Last edited:
Not confusing anything

1 Does the zapitti use the same base firmware as Dune ?

Yes or No ?

Time Stamp : 55 seconds in they
confirm Zapitti use Dunes Firmware 😱😱

Software (Zappiti Video aka Poster Wall) is not Firmware. Nor is it hardware.

Firmware has nothing to do with Zappiti Video.

Stop being intentionally dense.

I think it's pretty clear that as far picture quality goes the Dune and Zappiti are identical. Zappiti's redeeming point is the user experience and collection management, though sadly the UI seems to be a bit laggy. I think what's being argued here is essentially whether the user interface is worth more than double the cost of the Dune because not much else changes (though having both HDD slots in the front on the Zappiti is great). I would say that there's extra value in that but maybe not quite that much.

At least you recognize Zappiti software is exactly that, their own software.

Software (Zappiti Video aka Poster Wall) is not Firmware. Nor is it hardware.

Firmware has nothing to do with Zappiti Video.

Stop being intentionally dense.

Have not finished yet !

2 is the Zapitti Hardware / Player / spec virtually as the much cheaper Dune

Answer yes or No ?

3 The only diff as ive mentioned before and before is the Ui / Poster wall etc .

So now whos being intentionaly Dense ?

3 The only diff as ive mentioned before and before is the Ui / Poster wall etc .

So now whos being intentionaly Dense ?
Zappiti Video (the poster wall if you like) is the unique selling point for Zappiti over its rivals and designed in house over years. It is much admired by many but as Six66Mike says it has nothing to do with Dune or firmware whatsoever.

Whether it worth the premium over the Dune or Zidoo is up to the individual to decide but personally I think they’ve just taken the piss with their pricing of this new generation. I had a Neo briefly and it is inferior to the Dune I now own and cost more than twice the price.

Zappiti Video (the poster wall if you like) is the unique selling point for Zappiti over its rivals and designed in house over years. It is much admired by many but as Six66Mike says it has nothing to do with Dune or firmware whatsoever.

Whether it worth the premium over the Dune or Zidoo is up to the individual to decide but personally I think they’ve just taken the piss with their pricing of this new generation. I had a Neo briefly and it is inferior to the Dune I now own and cost more than twice the price.
Zappiti Video (the poster wall if you like) is the unique selling point for Zappiti over its rivals and designed in house over years.

That is correct as ive mentioned before and before

As mentioned above it still does use Dunes firmware and as such a clone player of the Dune etc

with zapppiti ( the poster wall if you like selling point …….on top

is the above incorrrect ?

Zappiti Video (the poster wall if you like) is the unique selling point for Zappiti over its rivals and designed in house over years.

That is correct as ive mentioned before and before

As mentioned above it still does use Dunes firmware and as such a clone player of the Dune etc

with zapppiti ( the poster wall if you like selling point …….on top

is the above incorrrect ?
What is incorrect and what started the exchange is where you said:

and prefered the Zapitti ( Dune ) Poster wall etc”

You continue to imply that Zappiti and Dune are clones which they are not, despite sharing almost the same hardware and firmware. We know the video wall software is different as well as some other customisation on top such as Crestron compatibility etc..

Panasonic and Sony buy their OLED panels from LG Display. That does not mean LG, Sony and Panasonic OLEDs are all clones.

6Zappiti Video (the poster wall if you like) is the unique selling point for Zappiti over its rivals and designed in house over years. It is much admired by many but as Six66Mike says it has nothing to do with Dune or firmware whatsoever.

Whether it worth the premium over the Dune or Zidoo is up to the individual to decide but personally I think they’ve just taken the piss with their pricing of this new generation. I had a Neo briefly and it is inferior to the Dune I now own and c
What is incorrect and what started the exchange is where you said:

and prefered the Zapitti ( Dune ) Poster wall etc”

You continue to imply that Zappiti and Dune are clones which they are not, despite sharing almost the same hardware and firmware. We know the video wall software is different as well as some other customisation on top such as Crestron compatibility etc..

Panasonic and Sony buy their OLED panels from LG Display. That does not mean LG, Sony and Panasonic OLEDs are all clones.

that Quote is what the You tuber said he prefered the poster wall of the Zapitti

and mentioned as others have said a clone
of such as the Dune
1 which looks very identical yes ? Does it not ?
2 uses the same firmware yes ? Does. It not ?

that Is what ive posted .

and uses its own ui / poster wall etc etc as you mentioned also

Six66Mike is right, you are now being dense purposely like a scolded child arguing at a tangent beyond reason.

This is what you posted and nothing to do with the YouTuber - and prefered the Zapitti ( Dune ) Poster wall etc”

You are claiming that Zappiti and Dune are the same by quoting Dune in brackets. You do this regularly and it is not true. No one disputes the YouTuber preferred the Zappiti wall but it is not him connecting the two brands as the same. You are doing that. There are key differences between the brands despite sharing much in common.

Six66Mike is right, you are now being dense purposely like a scolded child arguing at a tangent beyond reason.

This is what you posted and nothing to do with the YouTuber - and prefered the Zapitti ( Dune ) Poster wall etc”

You are claiming that Zappiti and Dune are the same by quoting Dune in brackets. You do this regularly and it is not true. No one disputes the YouTuber preferred the Zappiti wall but it is not him connecting the two brands as the same. You are doing that. There are key differences between the brands despite sharing much in common.

Regardless there are very close simularties with the theDune yes ?

is that not allowed to be mentition here ?

even Someone else mentions close simularaties also

But what about Zappiti? The main FW looks very much Dune like including the information displayed on the Front Panel. My educated guess is that Zappiti FW is actually coming from and is licensed by Dune. The Zappiti MovieWall follows their own Client/Server model and is of proven quality which may next

More inaccuracies from you!

The Dune front display on its base models allows you to reverse the clock to show time remaining whereas on Zappiti Neo it will only show time elapsed. The latest Dune beta which we are awaiting adds in extra display options for the higher models that Zappiti does not have. Zappiti does not seem to give as much of a care to the display. There are numerous differences.

Anybody familiar with this hobby and following the various sites and threads knows that the base Zappiti playback and control firmware comes from Dune developers and all three brands use Realtek hardware and base programming. What you regularly do is imply that that means Zappiti and Dune are just clone devices, which is not correct, Why you continue to do that god only knows.

More inaccuracies from you!

The Dune front display on its base models allows you to reverse the clock to show time remaining whereas on Zappiti Neo it will only show time elapsed. The latest Dune beta which we are awaiting adds in extra display options for the higher models that Zappiti does not have. Zappiti does not seem to give as much of a care to the display. There are numerous differences.

Anybody familiar with this hobby and following the various sites and threads knows that the base Zappiti playback and control firmware comes from Dune developers and all three brands use Realtek hardware and base programming. What you regularly do is imply that that means Zappiti and Dune are just clone devices, which is not correct, Why you continue to do that god only knows.
i am quoting someones post !
nothing ive wrote or tested.

Anybody familiar with this hobby and following the various sites and threads knows that the base Zappiti playback and control firmware comes from Dune developers

ive always mentioned that But Never got conformation etc

ive said the Zapitti has very close simularties with the Dune
Which you confirm .

You're not even having the same argument, just give up. It's embarrassing.

“ Never Give Up , Never Surrender ……”

i am correct it uses same Firmware as the original Dune Models
and Zapitti models are virtually identical to Dune

and what ive stated before its uses its own ui / poster wall etc etc …..

How Much of a Clone it is well ………😎😎

Great, you won an argument NOBODY WAS HAVING. Feel better now?

Now back to my original point, stop misleading people about Zappiti Video.

Great, you won an argument NOBODY WAS HAVING. Feel better now?

Now back to my original point, stop misleading people about Zappiti Video.

Funny i thought it was “ a Clone “ that rubbed you up . 😂😂

I feel bad for further continuing this off topic discussion but I am in the process of deciding which device to go with. Naturally the Zidoo Neo Alpha looks great but if the pricing rumors are correct it may not be a great value in my use case. You said you had the Zappiti Neo and now have a Dune and which is much better. Would you mind briefly explaining why it has been better for you and which model you're using now?

I also have to opportunity to jailbreak my Oppo player which would give ISO playback (all I'm interested in really) but obviously it wouldn't be a great user experience.

If you are interested in menu support for ISO then Dune, Zappiti or jail breaking the Oppo would be the way to go. Zidoo is poor in this respect. Zappiti last generation was also poor for this but now uses the Dune firmware, so playback is the same.

I had an unusual problem with the Neo which for some reason would not form groups/sagas for me. Most significantly it was just generally slow and sluggish at loading posters and navigation. The Dune Pro Vision Solo 4K is a snappier device and just works, with what is now a rapidly improving media centre at less than half the price of the Neo. Easy decision for me.

And Plex support - There'll be a third-party Plex app for zidoo released soon. This will be able to playback Plex streams via Native Player and also map each device on Plex to local devices(SMB/NFS) so you can use Plex metadata and use the native player to play the files...
Looking forward to this, any idea when?

If you are interested in menu support for ISO then Dune, Zappiti or jail breaking the Oppo would be the way to go. Zidoo is poor in this respect. Zappiti last generation was also poor for this but now uses the Dune firmware, so playback is the same.

I had an unusual problem with the Neo which for some reason would not form groups/sagas for me. Most significantly it was just generally slow and sluggish at loading posters and navigation. The Dune Pro Vision Solo 4K is a snappier device and just works, with what is now a rapidly improving media centre at less than half the price of the Neo. Easy decision for me.
Thanks, looks like I'll be giving up on the Zidoo then, I didn't need the audio part anyways but it is certainly a good looking device and seems like passively cooled too which would have been great.

Btw on the AVS forum Zappiti thread they are saying that Zappiti has no plans to update their Music app and is focusing on Video only now. So, I guess the music side is creating a bit of a niche for Zidoo.

Just received the Z1000 Pro today and it's just a bad experience so far. I connected the power cable and HDMI to the Sony A90J and pressed the power button on the front face of the box to turn on. The select language appeared but the remote would not work, I had just installed new batteries. After some time the remote worked but suddenly I was in the settings menu, I don't know why. I managed to connect to WiFi but the time displayed on the home page is wrong, any way to fix it? I don't see an option in the menus. It feels very slow going through the menus and sometimes it is not responding to commands from the remote.

Is it a bluetooth remote? There are some instructions at the back of the remote that I follow but they don't seem to be working.

Just received the Z1000 Pro today and it's just a bad experience so far. I connected the power cable and HDMI to the Sony A90J and pressed the power button on the front face of the box to turn on. The select language appeared but the remote would not work, I had just installed new batteries. After some time the remote worked but suddenly I was in the settings menu, I don't know why. I managed to connect to WiFi but the time displayed on the home page is wrong, any way to fix it? I don't see an option in the menus. It feels very slow going through the menus and sometimes it is not responding to commands from the remote.

Is it a bluetooth remote? There are some instructions at the back of the remote that I follow but they don't seem to be working.
Do you use HDMI CEC on anything, if so you’ll need to turn it off as it plays havoc with it as do all of the android boxes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom