ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

The soundtrack thingy has been on for a while (at least Christmas when i got my z1000)
Got another code for you to try. I will send it to you.

F6D09D9A-8330-48EE-ADDF-21EC611205B1.png
Just Updated Zidoo Controller for using your phone or pad vey handy for some .
Apple / Android App

You have to manually put the soundtrack file. Naming convention is [Movie Name]-soundtrack.extension. it is not all automatic like Zappiti.
I don't seem to have the option to turn this pm on the options. Mp3s are in the folder but cannot see an option to switch it from trailers

I don't seem to have the option to turn this pm on the options. Mp3s are in the folder but cannot see an option to switch it from trailers

This is what I do. I have both locally ripped trailers and soundtracks. So, I chose to only play soundtrack in the poster list view page. Second picture is example naming convention.

Screenshot_20220423-203637.png

1650760953011.png

Does anyone know why my laptop cannot recognise my new 3.5 16tb hard drive 😒
Thanks

Last edited:
Will wait till next firmware out which may break it ……….😎😎
No need to wait.....

It's still not working properly for me. "Some" normality was fixed by the Alpha, in that the AVR now switches on and off in sync with the TV BUT, the AVR always switches to Zidoo input at power on, even though CEC is disabled in Zidoo (Z9x) settings.

Lindy CEC blocker does not have any effect on this issue either. Have now resorted to turning off CEC on all componenets out of frustration!

Last edited:
It's fine got it working

No need to wait.....

It's still not working properly for me. "Some" normality was fixed by the Aplpha, in that the AVR now switches on and off in sync with the TV BUT, the AVR always switches to Zidoo input at power on, even though CEC is disabled in Zidoo (Z9x) settings.

Lindy CEC blocker does not have any effect on this issue either. Have now resorted to turning off CEC on all componenets out of frustration!

Why i dont use …..
should be getting a firmware soon
see what that brings .

One thing id like fixed is oddly the Auto Trailers
One of the better options added of late that i miss .

v6.3.98 System Release Notes :

1.Optimized the system CEC function.
2.Fixed the audio stuttering problem when it is output through USB.

Poster Wall
1. Added Trakt playback record synchronization function.
2. Optimized imdb scanning function.
3. Fixed the problem that the information is displayed incorrectly in the poster list mode.
4. Fixed the problem failing to get Rotten Tomatoes score.

Local Player
1. Fixed the problem of missing SUB subtitles individually.
2. Fixed the problem that online videos cannot automatically load subtitles.
3. Fixed the problem that manually added SUP subtitles cannot be loaded automatically.

Music Player
1. Optimized the problem of occasional lag for some CUE audio playback.
2. Optimized the UI display for some interfaces.
3. Optimized the music scanning speed.

File Manager
1. Fixed the problem that some UPNP servers could not obtain data.

Does anyone know how to SSH into the Z9X? Or how to access a GUI?

I'm using a Windows Server with shares on and I can't add them on screen, it only finds the main folder but won't find the sub folders.

Does anyone know how to SSH into the Z9X? Or how to access a GUI?

I'm using a Windows Server with shares on and I can't add them on screen, it only finds the main folder but won't find the sub folders.
I found this with blank shares / shares with only folders in but no files, but if I put a dummy text file in the root of the share the sub folders then became visible, not sure if this is your issue but worth a shot.

Guys I'm on the fence between a Zidoo Z1000pro and Zappiti Neo. Can someone please nudge me either way ?
I have an oppo 203 but looking to get something with a nice UI . Also I don't have a NAS anymore but have 3 x WD DUO drives ( 36TB , 28TB and 20TB ) so ideally I would have to hook this up to the new media player and access over the network for playback on oppo .
Also want something with an above average scraper , especially for TV shows.

Would much appreciate your opinions on this .

Guys I'm on the fence between a Zidoo Z1000pro and Zappiti Neo. Can someone please nudge me either way ?
I have an oppo 203 but looking to get something with a nice UI . Also I don't have a NAS anymore but have 3 x WD DUO drives ( 36TB , 28TB and 20TB ) so ideally I would have to hook this up to the new media player and access over the network for playback on oppo .

The Zappitti Models / Neo is in essence overpriced Clone of a Dune !
with same firmware underneath etc
slight diff ui look etc
Zappiti RTD1619DR (Neo, Reference, Signature) Thread please read !

So id veer towards a Dune if .

Zidoo are a lot cheaper once you get over the hurdles of scraping its a pretty stable unit .
with often firmware updates per month .

Has a few niggles here & there but playback is pretty stable .

others can chime in with there thoughts.

Last edited:
I was in same situation 6 months ago. With help here I went to z1000.
The scrapping was not great but after a few days got it sorted.
Picture & sound is fantastic, well built units.
Does Zidoo have an interface so you can edit unmatched or wrongly scrapped videos on your computer ?

I did a lot of research and ended up buying a Z1000 Pro. I use Samba networking with NAS's and WD Clouds as well as HDD's. The firmware is being updated regularly.
Whilst Zidoo's HT4.0 is nice looking and constantly improving, IMHO for scraping a large library of movies and TV series, the Kodi fork (currently based on 19.4) ZDMC works very well, using the Zidoo player with VS10 for Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and full bitstream passthrough.
If you have used Kodi before, it is a no brainer and scrapes virtually everything with little effort :)

I still can't get the Z9X to connect to my share, anyone know how I can SSH in to it? I tried every port I can see open but it refuses connection.

I still can't get the Z9X to connect to my share, anyone know how I can SSH in to it? I tried every port I can see open but it refuses connection.
I mentioned above, if missed, that I had the same issue, could connect to the windows share but could not find any folders in it depsite knowing they were there, but another share seemed to work fine. I by chance spotted the one that did not work was a share with no file in the first / root folder of the share, I created a few blank text files and put them in the first / root folder and suddently the Zidoo could see all the other folders.

Does it connect ok, but just can;t see the folders, if so sounds like my issue and fix..

This may not help, but I had the same issue trying to connect to my UnRAID servers SMB shares until I enabled Netbios. I have no idea these days about Windows settings as I haven’t used it in many years.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom