ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Hi all. I've just purchased a Z9X to replace my Z9S, which has served me fantastically.

Regarding DV movies, is it best to have them in a BMDV folder or converted to mkv?

Thanks
The latest beta firmware will play DV in MKV and BDMV if played direct (not from main BD menu) either from file structure or ISO.

Beta version v6.2.0 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000(April Fool version)

Note: ignore mention of April Fool in link. It's just that it was released on April 1st!

Is there any way to manually attach a poster/pic to a video to So that it shows up on poster wall? I have a bunch of music videos that r not able to match up on poster wall so wanna manually do it myself. Thanks

Is there any way to manually attach a poster/pic to a video to So that it shows up on poster wall? I have a bunch of music videos that r not able to match up on poster wall so wanna manually do it myself. Thanks

You can add your on Art / Poster to a movie / tv show etc
long press on the existing wrong Poster art then scroll to add own and choose from your usb location etc .

( if my memory serves me correct )

Quick question on what happens when you have two versions of the same film. How does the Zidoo deal with that? I'm thinking if you have a UHD and 1080P version. Should you have separate folders for each and will it give each a place on the wall. Or do you have both files in the same folder and can choose which to play?

Just trying to get everything set up ready for monday when I will be ordering a Z9X

Quick question on what happens when you have two versions of the same film. How does the Zidoo deal with that? I'm thinking if you have a UHD and 1080P version. Should you have separate folders for each and will it give each a place on the wall. Or do you have both files in the same folder and can choose which to play?

Just trying to get everything set up ready for monday when I will be ordering a Z9X

The later one you mentioned !
On movie wall it show you in small box as such 1080p and next to it the 4K version .
You just click on what version you wish to play .

How should I set up the folders for music videos so that they can be properly shown on poster walls with each artistes? Is there any Music videos database That I can add to z9x search function so that the mv can be match up properly? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

How should I set up the folders for music videos so that they can be properly shown on poster walls with each artistes? Is there any Music videos database That I can add to z9x search function so that the mv can be match up properly? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Are they available on dvd or Blu ray these Music videos or .......?

No just some Random mv

Only thing i can suggest is remame Music to the Artist video and see if Zidoo finds a poster art of the Artist .
Or upload an image of the video yourself .

H.T.v4.0.52 :
Home Theater v4.0.52 Shows Last Seen TV Series in Yellow .
Screenshot_20210411-084015.png
Screenshot_20210320-180003.png
Screenshot_20210322-174043.png
Screenshot_20210322-174100.png
H.T.v4.0.52 :
You can now edit and Move Movie Posters in a Specific Order Placement now .

Last edited:
z9x v6.2.5 Beta

Changelogs
System:
1. Added supports for multiple formats of Dolby Vision(non BDmenu mode).
BD ISO,BDMV P7 MEL & FEL
MKV,MP4 P4 MEL & FEL
MKV,MP4 P7 MEL & FEL
MKV,MP4 P5
MKV,MP4 P8
2. Supported online video Dolby Vision (Tencent Video).
3. Fixed the blurred screens issue of some Dolby Vision video.
4. Optimized the problem that sometimes the online video gets stuck in the next episode.
5. Optimized TS files recording in HDMI IN APP.
6. Fixed the problem that weather cannot be obtained automatically sometimes.
7. Fixed the problem that the open method list cannot be selected in media center.
8. Optimized USB audio output.
9. Fixed MKV chapter function.
10. Fixed the issue that some 4K online videos cannot show full screen.
11. Fixed the problem of DV movie stuck in 76th minutes.

Poster wall
1. Fixed the problem that the collection sorting is not saved occasionally.
2. Added the collection sorting function when accessing the entrance of a movie or TV series.
3. Optimized the trailer function.

Quick settings
1. Added EDID save function.

Music player
1. Optimized the problem that the path of external devices is failed.
2. Optimized the problem that the default scan language is invalid.
3. Optimized the garbled problem.
4. Fixed the problem that music automatically stops playing occasionally.
5. Optimized CD playback.
6. Optimized the music searching function.
7. Fixed the occasional crash problem when re-matching.
8. Optimized the interface display.
9. Optimized music matching accuracy.
10. Optimized the stability of music playback.

Got my Z9X yesterday and all is good except one thing that is a bit of a dealbreaker. Can no longer get ARC working which I use all the time for my TV apps. Tried unplugging everything, resetting etc. So far haven't managed. CEC is off in the player. Frustrating as otherwise very happy with it.

Got my Z9X yesterday and all is good except one thing that is a bit of a dealbreaker. Can no longer get ARC working which I use all the time for my TV apps. Tried unplugging everything, resetting etc. So far haven't managed. CEC is off in the player. Frustrating as otherwise very happy with it.

Never use cec .....
but try enabling cec see if that resolves issue .

Hello Markymile, this is a very annoying bug and Zidoo doesn't seem to care, but you have a cheap solution that worked for all of us on Amazon : Link

More details on this discussion topic from the zidoo forum : Link

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hello Markymile, this is a very annoying bug and Zidoo doesn't seem to care, but you have a cheap solution that worked for all of us on Amazon : Link

More details on this discussion topic from the zidoo forum : Link
The chap at futeko suggested that too. Wasn’t sure whether to try but will do, now I’ve seen that thread. Cheers

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Model:Z9X
Version:v6.2.5
Download:http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.2.5/Z9X_P_v6.2.5_202104141725_ota-package.zip
MD5: 43B936B80A379EDA67ABAF31E96F6290

Version:v6.2.5_G
Download:http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9X/v6.2.5/Z9X_P_v6.2.5_G_202104141805_ota-package.zip
MD5: 0D17C72CB7265A22FF2CBC1BCB85D3B2

Model:Z10 PRO
download:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/z10pro/ota/Z10-Pro_P_v6.2.5_202104151400_ota-package.zip
MD5: 7B41339449F96843F83E488C5266147C

download:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/z10pro/ota/Z10-Pro_P_v6.2.5_G_202104151427_ota-package.zip
MD5: EA13A98720EC00A6BEC7C41959FD3A3E

Model:Z1000 Pro
download:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/z1000pro/ota/Z1000-Pro_P_v6.2.5_202104151512_ota-package.zip
MD5: D9372CB19CBB77F65E78E20BFAE535FE

download:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/z1000pro/ota/Z1000-Pro_P_v6.2.5_G_202104151557_ota-package.zip
MD5: 5EB6E72886D287FE55BF1B777DE3B75A

Model:UHD3000
download:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/UHD3000/ota/UHD3000_P_v6.2.5_202104141946_ota-package.zip
MD5: 6D549D5269DFD3F0F8667316116D9B21

download:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/UHD3000/ota/UHD3000_P_v6.2.5_G_202104151324_ota-package.zip
MD5: 94C99C7A60F7FA6B10D24E745D4E30CB
Last edited: Today at 12:08 PM

All version Models firmware available now !

Just setting up my first ever Zidoo player. Is it normal to have to increase the volume far more than normal on my receiver for some audio tracks, such as Atmos/DTS X etc ?

Just setting up my first ever Zidoo player. Is it normal to have to increase the volume far more than normal on my receiver for some audio tracks, such as Atmos/DTS X etc ?

Hi congrats
first make sure Zidoo remote Volume is set at max ( normally for just stereo sound for old movies etc )
I find Dts Hd Master Vol has to go up a few notches on my Av Receiver
compared to other Audio formats so yes .

Hi congrats
first make sure Zidoo remote Volume is set at max ( normally for just stereo sound for old movies etc )
I find Dts Hd Master Vol has to go up a few notches on my Av Receiver
compared to other Audio formats so yes .

Thanks for the advice. Will do that

Audio sorted.

Just need to fix black levels. Both SDR and HDR blacks are too black, no shadow detail. Using with an LG CX. What HDR settings are most people using for HDR and SDR? I can change using the LG picture settings to change things but wanted to check I have the Zidoo set up as best as can be, then take it from there

Audio sorted.

Just need to fix black levels. Both SDR and HDR blacks are too black, no shadow detail. Using with an LG CX. What HDR settings are most people using for HDR and SDR? I can change using the LG picture settings to change things but wanted to check I have the Zidoo set up as best as can be, then take it from there

Dont touch Zidoo Colour adjusments etc ( Brightness , colour etc )
Adjust your screen if req .
Settings for Zidoo set up are on first page of this thread
post a like if . 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom