ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

I’ve got a question about the USB ports on the Z1000 Pro. If I’m using external hard drives that take their power from the USB ports, I’m going to assume that this might throw up and issue regarding power draw. Would one of these or similar help relieve the Z1000 on that front?

Atolla 4 ports USB 3.0 Hub SuperSpeed Data Transmission with On Off Switch + 1 Charging Port with 15W(5V/3A) Powered Supply Adapter and 1M USB 3 Extension Cable Amazon product ASIN B01FS9Q01K

I’ve got a question about the USB ports on the Z1000 Pro. If I’m using external hard drives that take their power from the USB ports, I’m going to assume that this might throw up and issue regarding power draw. Would one of these or similar help relieve the Z1000 on that front?

Atolla 4 ports USB 3.0 Hub SuperSpeed Data Transmission with On Off Switch + 1 Charging Port with 15W(5V/3A) Powered Supply Adapter and 1M USB 3 Extension Cable Amazon product ASIN B01FS9Q01K
If one or two drives should be ok but more so then maybe .
Try and connect one then two and see first then buying equp you may not need .

Hearing so far good reports on Dolby Vision playback on this latest firmware for those that req it .😊😊
1BD97EDB-D781-4E8E-BCF2-F54466949876.png

Last edited:
I install Google Play Store service on my Z10 Pro. When I play a 4k movie on Kodi the Zidoo Box restarts? Is this due to Google Play Store Service? I found this "RTD1619DR device firmware is available in two versions, one with Google Play Services (Play Store) and one without. The reason to not install Google Play Services is that it can cause small interruptions to video playback because it works in the background. "

I've been using the G firmware for a few weeks now as I wanted access to the Play Store. I haven't had any problems playing 4k material, although I don't use Kodi.

I use Non Google version !
it uses resources and runs in the background .......

more apps you have the more chance of issues .

Any new users on here please read First page on thread some handy stuff on there. 😎😎

@DELUCAS you are using SSD in your Zidoo Z10 Pro? Do you have any slowdown or lag problems with SSD installed when navigating through the OS or scrolling through your file list?

I installed a Samsung SSD 2.5inch drive using the below adapter into my Z1000 Pro and I noticed major lag when moving around the OS menu, and scrolling through my file lists etc.

Do you see anything like this? I am on the latest beta firmware on the Z1000 pro.
Also what SSD adapter are you using?

Amazon product ASIN B07QVX8TWJ

@DELUCAS you are using SSD in your Zidoo Z10 Pro? Do you have any slowdown or lag problems with SSD installed when navigating through the OS or scrolling through your file list?

I installed a Samsung SSD 2.5inch drive using the below adapter into my Z1000 Pro and I noticed major lag when moving around the OS menu, and scrolling through my file lists etc.

Do you see anything like this? I am on the latest beta firmware on the Z1000 pro.
Also what SSD adapter are you using?

Amazon product ASIN B07QVX8TWJ
Hi no lag through os at all
only thing at times loading up of Poster wall Art.
But thats on first start up after i dont recall it after its loaded .
Must admit its not blistering fast on poster wall art loading but that could be where you load poster art inf on your Zidoo that may make a diff or how many Movies you have ?
Whats size is your ssd ?

Hi no lag through os at all
only thing at times loading up of Poster wall Art.
But thats on first start up after i dont recall it after its loaded .
Must admit its not blistering fast on poster wall art loading but that could be where you load poster art inf on your Zidoo that may make a diff or how many Movies you have ?
Whats size is your ssd ?

mine is the samsung 850evo 500gb ssd.
I am not talking about poster wall, just scrolling from one setting menu to other is a major lag.

what hard drive adapter are you using?

mine is the samsung 850evo 500gb ssd.
I am not talking about poster wall, just scrolling from one setting menu to other is a major lag.

what hard drive adapter are you using?
I use 860 EVO 4tb ssd & same caddy
No mines super fluid fast ......
only thing is mine is dff ui than Z1000 Pro
wether that makes a diff 🧐

But scrolling setting menus etc ssd drive would not come in to it or be used .

Remove ssd drive it should still lag
if so then nothing to do with ssd drive .

i take it no bloated apps on installed
youve defragged as such Zidoo
and un plugged from mains etc ......

when I remove the ssd drive no lag. When I put it back in lag. It is repeatable every time. I have no apps installed. It is definitely something to do with the drive that is causing it 100%.

I will try a reformat and start over see if it makes a difference. My ssd drive is quite old, it was just a spare I had which was taken out of an old pc build I had, was working fine in the pc. Hmmmm let me have a play around, and see what happens.

when I remove the ssd drive no lag. When I put it back in lag. It is repeatable every time. I have no apps installed. It is definitely something to do with the drive that is causing it 100%.

I will try a reformat and start over see if it makes a difference. My ssd drive is quite old, it was just a spare I had which was taken out of an old pc build I had, was working fine in the pc. Hmmmm let me have a play around, and see what happens.

One thing is if the drive is full it can struggle ( i always leave room / space on drive )
yours is an older model maybe test it for any issues ?

odd your drive is causing everything to slow down maybe it uses it for some type of cache or the zidoo is using it for ........

If you was my way i have a spare caddy for you to use / test and 1tb ssd

Note : My Zidoo is not connected to any nas / network at all maybe totally isolate Zidoo from any network then see if issue occurs .

Last edited:
Hi all. I've just purchased a Z9X to replace my Z9S, which has served me fantastically.

Regarding DV movies, is it best to have them in a BMDV folder or converted to mkv?

Thanks

Hi all. I've just purchased a Z9X to replace my Z9S, which has served me fantastically.

Regarding DV movies, is it best to have them in a BMDV folder or converted to mkv?

Thanks

Think for DV to work its gotta be in mkv .
others will confirm .
i have a link on first page of thread for software to use .

One thing is if the drive is full it can struggle ( i always leave room / space on drive )
yours is an older model maybe test it for any issues ?

odd your drive is causing everything to slow down maybe it uses it for some type of cache or the zidoo is using it for ........

If you was my way i have a spare caddy for you to use / test and 1tb ssd

Note : My Zidoo is not connected to any nas / network at all maybe totally isolate Zidoo from any network then see if issue occurs .

the disk was formated to NTFS before inserting, so its empty.
Anyway I just tried it in my Z10 and theres no lag, everything seems to be working fine as it should.

But in the Z1000 Pro I get lag in the OS when just moving around the different menu system, from one menu setting to the next there is a pause of a couple of seconds. Must be firmware issue. I will post in the Zidoo forum.

Think for DV to work its gotta be in mkv .
others will confirm .
i have a link on first page of thread for software to use .

Thanks. I have always used Makemkv software for normal 4k files, so be good to understand if extracting dolby vision movies to mkv works just as is, especially with the new updated beta firmware of the Z9X.

I got a 14TB Seagate for my Z10 Pro. I cannot stand it. Its too loud. Should I get a ssd? I assume I need a caddy to fit Z10 pro?

I got a 14TB Seagate for my Z10 Pro. I cannot stand it. Its too loud. Should I get a ssd? I assume I need a caddy to fit Z10 pro?

You need to go for a slow spin hard disc drive not the faster ones as they drive you nuts with noise especially if its in a bedroom location .
( you dont need the speed for 4K movies etc )

Ive always used a ssd drive since the first X10 was released way back
and installed on several Zidoo ......

yes you req a caddy correct .

You need to go for a slow spin hard disc drive not the faster ones as they drive you nuts with noise especially if its in a bedroom location .
( you dont need the speed for 4K movies etc )

Ive always used a ssd drive since the first X10 was released way back
and installed on several Zidoo ......

yes you req a caddy correct .
Any recommendation on a quiet drive?

Any recommendation on a quiet drive?
Hard disc drive ?
anything below 7200 rpm spin and good for long life warranty & Brand ...
Not to jemmed up on hard discs as always purchase ssd etc .

sure someone will recommend one here .

I finally got rclone working on Z10 Pro. Basically I have a google drive mounted on the Z10. I can play Movies w/ Kodi by adding the folder. But with Zidoo Players I get cannot play video?

I have tried both ISO and MKV files and no luck. But when I put the same movie on a hardrive , it plays fine with Zidoo player?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom