ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Cool, thanks for the heads up :smashin:

Is this player Roon certified? I read that it was! I'm unable to pick Roon OS Core.

Roon ready !

Never used so whether certification is req ?

Last edited:
Roon ready !

Never used so whether certification is req ?
Untitled.jpg

WIDE DRM STREAMING SUPPORT Widevine L1 for best as possible compatibility with streaming apps. Playready & Verimatrix Ultra. VP9 Profile 2 for YouTube 4K HDR. At launch Zidoo Z1000 Pro will support Android TV versions of Netflix (4K, Dolby Digital 5.1) and Youtube 4K. Please note that future compatibility with third party apps is not guaranteed, Zidoo Z1000 Pro is primarily a media player not a streaming box.
ROON READY .....
LINEAR POWER SUPPLY Professional linear power supply for ultimate power stability and audio quality.
HIGH QUALITY COMPONENTS Emphasis on audio/video fidelity. Shielded PSU situated away from AV components. Shielded internal cabling.

Hopefully, it will be ready in the next firmware, this was one of the main reasons I went for this player.

View attachment 1463567

Hopefully, it will be ready in the next firmware, this was one of the main reasons I went for this player.
Is there alternative piece of software that can be used instead out there ?
sorry i dont use it as mine is No 1 used for Movies / Tv series only .

Try disabling cec
or plus hdcp
Many thanks.
cec was disabled but hdcp was set to 2.2 so I disabled it and so far everything seems to work fine.

Though the input video is 1080p 50Hz the output from the z10 Pro is always 1080p 60Hz.

Can the output be 1080p 50Hz like the Z10?

Many thanks.
cec was disabled but hdcp was set to 2.2 so I disabled it and so far everything seems to work fine.

Though the input video is 1080p 50Hz the output from the z10 Pro is always 1080p 60Hz.

Can the output be 1080p 50Hz like the Z10?

Glad its sorted
can you not change the output in settings on the Zidoo Menu ?

More Dolby Vision VS10 setting options coming in future Firmware .

@DELUCAS I'm thinking to upgrade my z10 to the new z10Pro or even the z1000pro as I would like the better bluetooth remote this time around.

I know you have have both units from our previous conversations and I would like to know if the new Z10pro is faster in terms of going through the UI, the poster wall loading and scrolling etc? and is there is picture qaulity improvments on the new z10pro vs the z10? or in reality very marginal PQ difference?

Thanks

@DELUCAS I'm thinking to upgrade my z10 to the new z10Pro or even the z1000pro as I would like the better bluetooth remote this time around.

I know you have have both units from our previous conversations and I would like to know if the new Z10pro is faster in terms of going through the UI, the poster wall loading and scrolling etc? and is there is picture qaulity improvments on the new z10pro vs the z10? or in reality very marginal PQ difference?

Thanks

Hi Zigorney
Ref Bluetooth from z10 to Z10 pro def i saw an improvement using my own Bluetooth Remote as thats all i use once powered up .
it detects / picks up it a lot faster than Z10 prob due to Bluetooth 4.2 protocol.

Deff a picture improvement tweak up !
Navigation is an improvement seems to move a little faster
Poster Wall scrolling hard to say as my Movie Collection has Expanded lately so .......
But if you can afford and like a bump in improvement especially if you can take advantage of Dolby Vs10 etc

p.s. my screen syncing issue was improved ten fold
for my personal set up .
Hope that helps .

read 1st page of thread also .

Last edited:
Hi Zigorney
Ref Bluetooth from z10 to Z10 pro def i saw an improvement using my own Bluetooth Remote as thats all i use once powered up .
it detects / picks up it a lot faster than Z10 prob due to Bluetooth 4.2 protocol.

Deff a picture improvement tweak up !
Navigation is an improvement seems to move a little faster
Poster Wall scrolling hard to say as my Movie Collection has Expanded lately so .......
But if you can afford and like a bump in improvement especially if you can take advantage of Dolby Vs10 etc

p.s. my screen syncing issue was improved ten fold
for my personal set up .
Hope that helps .

read 1st page of thread also .

Thanks. What bluetooth remote are you using?

Yes this time around I will be going for the z1000 pro

Thanks. What bluetooth remote are you using?

Yes this time around I will be going for the z1000 pro

The new Nvidia Remote it illuminates once touched and since getting the Z10 PRO it can power it off as well .
For me its great for Navication etc in the dark only thing i use only thing it wont do is power up unit .

maybe you can shine your light on this and give the block a few tips;)

-

maybe you can shine your light on this and give the block a few tips;)

-

Overall a positive review But was it properly set up comparing it to the £849.00 Panasonic UB9000 Blu ray player ?
can someone test & confirm .

Overall a positive review But was it properly set up comparing it to the Panasonic UB9000 Blu ray player ?
can someone test & confirm .
For what I've seen set up looked ok. Ub 9000 is a hell of a machine it should be an honor for zidoo to be compared to this miracle machine. ;)

For what I've seen set up looked ok. Ub 9000 is a hell of a machine it should be an honor for zidoo to be compared to this miracle machine. ;)
Oh agree and at £179.00 player .
interesting if someone had both and could compare and give there opinion / experience .

Oh agree and at £179.00 player .
interesting if someone had both and could compare and give there opinion / experience .
Still no sign of my zidoo x10 pro still stuck at import:suicide: ( 48 days) If it doesn't show up till 13 march i get full refund from futeko. Hell of an service i say :) and even if shows up afterwards i may keep the device for free. Doubt that will ever happen to me knowing the Belgian customers service:rolleyes:

Still no sign of my zidoo x10 pro still stuck at import:suicide: ( 48 days) If it doesn't show up till 13 march i get full refund from futeko. Hell of an service i say :) and even if shows up afterwards i may keep the device for free. Doubt that will ever happen to me knowing the Belgian customers service:rolleyes:

Hope its the Z10 Pro ;)
shocked its taking that long dont think its Futeko fault .
Uk delivery is very fast .
its customs / paper work id imagine stuck somewhere ......
Do you know its Tracking / location ?

Hope its the Z10 Pro ;)
Correct on z10pro:facepalm: everything is fulfilled on tracking , clearance papers it's in Brussels lying with the rest in a stock warehouse.

Correct on z10pro:facepalm: everything is fulfilled on tracking , clearance papers it's in Brussels lying with the rest in a stock warehouse.
Fingers crossed be with you soon
at least the player will be polished off with another software update coming soon no doubt .
Giving you a better experience .
the VS10 Engine is proving a headache to get round but more options will be added but many are pleased so far and of course the Pic Quality it gives out .

4E78F5BC-4E53-4320-9447-DA30F6C3FB03.jpeg
Might as well Wait for the ZIDOO Z10 PRO ULTRA .

currently got 2 X8's and just added a Z9X to go with the new DV TV as i'm so impressed with the X8's, I have tried other brands but none were as good as the Zidoo's :thumbsup:

currently got 2 X8's and just added a Z9X to go with the new DV TV as i'm so impressed with the X8's, I have tried other brands but none were as good as the Zidoo's :thumbsup:
Should be a big jump up then going to a Z9X 👍

anyone help me? :)
I have Sony xh90 4K TV Dolby Vision. Have movies UHD 4K with 12bit DV. I would like play Dolby Vision. Somebody was write note in other forum, that my tv not support all players (100% play Dolby Vision Panasonic).
My movies is 80GB / per movie, original structure BDMV (not convert), not have restriction (region or copyright). I like ideal copy to external hdd, play from via usb 3.0 or hdd bay in player.
I don`t know if playing are good from external hdd via usb Panasonic DP-UB820?
or is better way for Zidoo 1000Pro?

Last edited:
Hope its the Z10 Pro ;)
What is better? Zidoo 1000 Pro vs ZIDOO Z10 Pro? :)
note: for Dolby Vision 12bit, out HDMI and full passtrought Atmos / DTS-HD Ma from BDMV folder

What is better? Zidoo 1000 Pro vs ZIDOO Z10 Pro? :)
note: for Dolby Vision 12bit, out HDMI and full passtrought Atmos / DTS-HD Ma from BDMV folder

Essentially the same for Video Quality / sound output for Movies .
Z1000 Pro comes with better Remote control , 232 com port if req ?
and is more in line with your existing Hi Fi Looks etc
oh and better power supply from memory ........?

Note : this has one hdmi output and one hdmi input for recording 1080p content not resticted etc .

You will have to rip your Blu rays using software to playback in mkv content with some kinda Dolby vision etc
lots of discussions on it at moment .
I do not have a dolby vision Display at the moment .

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom