ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Quick question. I have a Zappiti One SE and I only use it to stream/access files on my PC (so dont use the internal HDD's). I would say it is my main source for movie watching. I like that it just identifies files and sorts them into a nice format/user experience and pretty much plays whatever I throw at it. The picture quality seems decent but I do get a few issues playing large files across the network from time to time (lots of stuttering and freezing etc, I have a Cat 5e 1Gb network throughout the house).

I was considering upgrading to the Zappiti Pro Audiocom but it is expensive and I noticed this thread and am thinking the UHDE3000 might be a interesting path.

Would it be a worthwhile upgrade to the Zappiti One SE?

Is the UHD3000 right one for me to be looking at considering as I wont use the internal HDD capacity?

Seems like it is Audiocom quality without the £1500 price tag.......

Thanks!

Quick question. I have a Zappiti One SE and I only use it to stream/access files on my PC (so dont use the internal HDD's). I would say it is my main source for movie watching. I like that it just identifies files and sorts them into a nice format/user experience and pretty much plays whatever I throw at it. The picture quality seems decent but I do get a few issues playing large files across the network from time to time (lots of stuttering and freezing etc, I have a Cat 5e 1Gb network throughout the house).

I was considering upgrading to the Zappiti Pro Audiocom but it is expensive and I noticed this thread and am thinking the UHDE3000 might be a interesting path.

Is the UHD3000 right one for me to be looking at considering as I wont use the internal HDD capacity?

Thanks!

Trophy Hunter had the Zappiti Audicom unit and purchased the UHD3000 and seems very pleased with it so far .

Thanks!
Forgot to mention that I had the zappiti audiocom cinema edition to test against my Zidoo uhd2000 .and for picture they were similar audio for films also similar, but I preferred the audio for analogue 2 channel of the uhd2000. For the interface the Zidoo was miles better.
20210203_131409.jpg

Thanks for the response, I have read through most of this thread as I haven’t heard of Zidoo before. Seems to be mostly positive responses.

Which one should I be looking at in the range? I want the best possible picture, not too worried about music (I am getting a Control4 that will cover that) and I don’t need internal HDD's. Any of the range is in budget (as I nearly went for the Zappiti Audiocom.....) but don’t really know what separates them and if the UHD3000 is overkill (as I won’t use some of its features).

Also, for some reason, I am having issues with large files (50+gb) not playing well with my Zappiti, does the Zidoo have any playback issues that you have come across?

I really like the fact that the Zappiti is largely plug and play. Point it at the file on my PC and it just sucked everything through, anything that wasnt in the tile section was accessable through the explorer function. Really easy to use and navigate I found! How do these compair?

Lastly , is Futeko the only place to buy these? I couldnt find anyone else.

Sorry for so many questions but I a little new to the media streamer world!

Thanks!

Thanks!
Forgot to mention that I had the zappiti audiocom cinema edition to test against my Zidoo uhd2000 .and for picture they were similar audio for films also similar, but I preferred the audio for analogue 2 channel of the uhd2000. For the interface the Zidoo was miles better.
20210203_131409.jpg

Thanks for the response, I have read through most of this thread as I haven’t heard of Zidoo before. Seems to be mostly positive responses.

Which one should I be looking at in the range? I want the best possible picture, not too worried about music (I am getting a Control4 that will cover that) and I don’t need internal HDD's. Any of the range is in budget (as I nearly went for the Zappiti Audiocom.....) but don’t really know what separates them and if the UHD3000 is overkill (as I won’t use some of its features).

Also, for some reason, I am having issues with large files (50+gb) not playing well with my Zappiti, does the Zidoo have any playback issues that you have come across?

Lastly , is Futeko the only place to buy these? I couldnt find anyone else.

Thanks!

Id recommend Futeko plus 2 year gtee

if your deff not interested in internal storage
then the cheaper Model Z9X is the one to go for but not as nice as Display Window as the Z10 Pro or Z1000 Pro

Z9X is the smallest then the Z10Pro then the Z1000 Pro is more hi fi size etc

do you need com Rs 232 port connection ?

do you need com port connection ?
I dont think so. I really dont mind about the cost, I just want to make sure I get the best user experience and picture quality etc.

The Z10 pro is looking like a good option. Is there any difference in terms of the picture/playback quality between that and the Z1000 and UHD3000?

I dont think so. I really dont mind about the cost, I just want to make sure I get the best user experience and picture quality etc.

The Z10 pro is looking like a good option. Is there any difference in terms of the picture/playback quality between that and the Z1000 and UHD3000?

The UHD3000 has the best Quality Transformer and High end Quality for sound components etc
but its more for High End 2 Channel sound .
For Movie Playback i dont think you will see much diff between the lower end models as they all share the same 1619 chipset .

Id say look at the Z10 Pro or Z1000 Pro and go what goes with your system / colour / Looks / Size either way you will be happy with Picture performance etc

P.S. I have not tested the UHD 3000 to compare if there is any Pic Quality Diff etc
just going by what i know .

hope that helps .

Last edited:
thanks for the advice Delucas, most appreciated!

Read first post on here may help a little more and give a like if you wish
thanks .

Just ordered the Z10 Pro, will see how I get on

Great to here
Setting it up right is crucial on these and expect some scratching of head getting there but be worth it in the end .

Any pointers on how I can access my UHD3000 through my network?

Any pointers on how I can access my UHD3000 through my network?

Dont use Network etc
but im sure someone will come along and point you in the right direction on how .

I upgraded to the Z10 Pro and installed the latest software which for most things is fine but I find it unusable for HDMI-IN. Every attempt at recording randomly loses sound within 15 minutes. Very disappointing. Hope this can get fixed.

I upgraded to the Z10 Pro and installed the latest software which for most things is fine but I find it unusable for HDMI-IN. Every attempt at recording randomly loses sound within 15 minutes. Very disappointing. Hope this can get fixed.

Never used
but all depends on what you got plugged in to record ?

Successfully used the Z10 with RECORD-IN for ages so should work with the Z10 Pro?

Successfully used the Z10 with RECORD-IN for ages so should work with the Z10 Pro?

Try disabling cec
or plus hdcp

Last edited:
After great difficulty I eventually got it working, it’s was a long, process! it should make things so much easier being able to drop and drag my movies from a different room.

Aside from Network diffuculty
what are your thoughts on your purchase so far are you pleased with the Pic Quality / sound so far ?

Aside from Network diffuculty
what are your thoughts on your purchase so far are you pleased with the Pic Quality / sound so far ?

I’m still getting to grips with all the settings, I have it hooked up just now to my 1080p monitor @ the moment, going with the picture so far with 1080p content, it looks stunning, it will be getting hooked up to my home theatre later on this afternoon, I will report back over the weekend, I’m coming from an OPPO 203, so it should be interesting!

I’m still getting to grips with all the settings, I have it hooked up just now to my 1080p monitor @ the moment, going with the picture so far with 1080p content, it looks stunning, it will be getting hooked up to my home theatre later on this afternoon, I will report back over the weekend, I’m coming from an OPPO 203, so it should be interesting!

Yes be intresting how you compare with the Oppo 203 for Picture comparison .
Best Settings just to get you going on first page of this thread
Dont forget perodically unplug unit once a while and dont bloat wear it if possible ,

You mean don't add too many apps on it?

Yes they can cause issues running in background taking up resources etc
its just my thoughts .
but its your box you do as you please . 👍

Yes they can cause issues running in background taking up resources etc
its just my thoughts .
but its your box you do as you please . 👍

Cool, thanks for the heads up :smashin:

Is this player Roon certified? I read that it was! I'm unable to pick Roon OS Core.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom