ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Both yes, maybe the next fw.

Does anyone know, can the Zidoo player do vertical shift, like Kodi can? That is to say, can it for example shift 2.35.1 video down so that both black bars are at the top?

Does anyone know, can the Zidoo player do vertical shift, like Kodi can? That is to say, can it for example shift 2.35.1 video down so that both black bars are at the top?

Zidoo has its own version of Kodi called ZDMC and versions available 18.8 & 18.9 .

Zidoo has its own version of Kodi called ZDMC and versions available 18.8 & 18.9 .
Thanks. I thought that was the case. Do you know if ZDMC does vertical shift? In Kodi on my Shield I can do this - it's in the video settings when playing a movie.

Thanks. I thought that was the case. Do you know if ZDMC does vertical shift? In Kodi on my Shield I can do this - it's in the video settings when playing a movie.

without checking id say yes but im out at moment
ZDMC is identical to Kodi but tweaked to run on Zidoo Media players .

without checking id say yes but im out at moment
ZDMC is identical to Kodi but tweaked to run on Zidoo Media players .
It would be great if it does. It's the difference between me buying a Zidoo to try and not buying one, as I find Kodi's vertical shift essential with my projector screen. If someone could check whether it does that would be great, as my internet searches aren't confirming anything.

Basically, Kodi on my Shield does everything I need apart from play 3D ISOs. So I'm wondering whether there's a player out there that can play 3D ISOs, but also has Kodi's vertical shift function.

It would be great if it does. It's the difference between me buying a Zidoo to try and not buying one, as I find Kodi's vertical shift essential with my projector screen. If someone could check whether it does that would be great, as my internet searches aren't confirming anything.

Basically, Kodi on my Shield does everything I need apart from play 3D ISOs. So I'm wondering whether there's a player out there that can play 3D ISOs, but also has Kodi's vertical shift function.

Minimise Black bars as in Stretch the video to the set up percentage in order to minimise Black bars?

Last edited:
Minimise Black bars as in Stretch the video to the set up percentage in order to minimise Black bars?
Not minimise the bars, no. I mean move the video so that the black bars are both on top. Kodi can do this. All you need to do on Kodi is go into the video settings while the video is playing, and choose 'vertical shift' - you can then move the active part of the video up or down.

I do this on my drop down projector screen so that the image is lower, with the bottom edge of the video at the bottom of the projector screen. Like so:

1610829162735.png

Not minimise the bars, no. I mean move the video so that the black bars are both on top. Kodi can do this. All you need to do on Kodi is go into the video settings while the video is playing, and choose 'vertical shift' - you can then move the active part of the video up or down.

I do this on my drop down projector screen so that the image is lower, with the bottom edge of the video at the bottom of the projector screen. Like so:

View attachment 1442585
Cant seem to find that setting on ZDMC / Kodi 18.8
all other settings yes .
can you show photo of that setting menu .
im leaning towards it does not have it or i cant find it .

Cant seem to find that setting on ZDMC / Kodi 18.8
all other settings yes .
can you show photo of that setting menu .
im leaning towards it does not have it or i cant find it .
Yea, I'm thinking it probably doesn't then, as it's quite obvious in the settings. I've attached some pics. Basically, when watching a movie, pause it and go to the video settings, and it's there.

Attachments

• IMG_20210117_125513.jpg
    IMG_20210117_125513.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20210117_125519.jpg
    IMG_20210117_125519.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210117_125525.jpg
    IMG_20210117_125525.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 78
Yea, I'm thinking it probably doesn't then, as it's quite obvious in the settings. I've attached some pics. Basically, when watching a movie, pause it and go to the video settings, and it's there.

Not getting that
what version kodi are you on ?

Small chance with Kodi 19 rc1 out Zidoo may release ZDMC 19rc1
it might come with it. ?
When was it added on kodi by the way .

Last edited:
Not getting that
what version kodi are you on ?

Small chance with Kodi 19 rc2 out Zidoo may release ZDMC 19rc2
it might come with it. ?
When was it added on kodi by the way .

I'm not sure when it was added to Kodi. I'm on v18.9. I've only recently discovered the feature. But now that I have, I can't live without it - it positions the video perfectly for my eye level and means the bottom border benefits from improved contrast against the black bar at the bottom of my screen. More players should have it, as it vastly improves the experience for anyone with a motorised projector screen.

It looks like I'll have to continue searching for something that does vertical shift and plays 3D ISOs. I'm not sure any player does that, so I may just keep the Shield for non-3D and get something cheap solely for 3D.

I'm not sure when it was added to Kodi. I'm on v18.9. I've only recently discovered the feature. But now that I have, I can't live without it - it positions the video perfectly for my eye level and means the bottom border benefits from improved contrast against the black bar at the bottom of my screen. More players should have it, as it vastly improves the experience for anyone with a motorised projector screen.

It looks like I'll have to continue searching for something that does vertical shift and plays 3D ISOs. I'm not sure any player does that, so I may just keep the Shield for non-3D and get something cheap solely for 3D.

is the Zidoo Z9X for 3D iso etc to expensive then ?

@DLxP You can always install the regular version of Kodi on a Zidoo, you don't have to use Zidoo's ZDMC version, unless of course ZDMC does something essential that the regular Kodi does not. In case you wonder, as far as I'm aware, you can't have Kodi and ZDMC installed at the same time, it's one or the other.

JB

One of the Reason Zidoo release there on version [ tweaked ] of Kodi [ ZDMC ] so it Runs properly on there platform .
Yes you can install Kodi on Zidoo but like previous Kodi‘s versions had issues on the Zidoo .

wether this has changed on the new chipset 1619 😎😎

is the Zidoo Z9X for 3D iso etc to expensive then ?
Not sure. Might go for one if it comes up in the classifieds, but it'd have to be fairly cheap if I'm only using it for a relatively small 3D ISO collection.

Not sure. Might go for one if it comes up in the classifieds, but it'd have to be fairly cheap if I'm only using it for a relatively small 3D ISO collection.

Do you req Dolby Vision Vs10 side of things ?
if not can go the model before that if your after cheaper model.

1. Fix the problem that some Dolby Vision videos are stuck (some MKV videos).

3. Add Dolby Vision compatibility mode.

With regards to number 3 update on .09 update does this mean you can switch DV off? I currently have auto for HDR section but my pj does not have DV.

Also for number 1 i was getting stuttering and other issues with LOTR UHD MKV file is this to help correct those type issues?

Thanks

Does your PJ have lens shift/memory as that is what i use to push my 2.35 images to the bottom of the screen?

1. Fix the problem that some Dolby Vision videos are stuck (some MKV videos).

3. Add Dolby Vision compatibility mode.

With regards to number 3 update on .09 update does this mean you can switch DV off? I currently have auto for HDR section but my pj does not have DV.

Also for number 1 i was getting stuttering and other issues with LOTR UHD MKV file is this to help correct those type issues?

Thanks
I have lotr uhd and I get no stutter using WiFi. I am on .90 beta.

But sometimes my mkvs just freeze up.

Does your PJ have lens shift/memory as that is what i use to push my 2.35 images to the bottom of the screen?

Yep, but I'm at the outer limit of that so it can't shift 2.35 right to the bottom (I'm using both vertical and horizontal shift, and using the latter limits how much one can shift vertically).

I prefer the Kodi approach anyway tbh; it avoids light spilling outside the screen from where the bottom bar would be (although I know that light is fairly dim anyway).

I see this forum is much more up to date than the other one

Does anyone know if the x20 pro can handle 16TB, 18TB drives and if the WD 24TB Duo (2 x 12tb) will work with these units ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom