ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Can I ask if I have my 4K UHD backups on the HDD can they be played back in Dolby Vision?

Can they play back MKVs with Dolby Vision or does it have to be the BDMV folder structure?

Cheers

In my understanding a lot will depend how you have ripped to MKV. I've used MakeMKV, and everything ripped prior to the release of version 1.15.3 (I think) won't have captured the Dolby Vision information anyway.

I've got a lot of re-ripping of my discs to do, but it's not really a priority as I'm using a projector for most of my viewing rather than my Dolby Vision compatible LG C9.

Last edited:
In my understanding a lot will depend how you have ripped to MKV. I've used MakeMKV, and everything ripped prior to the release of version 1.15.3 (I think) won't have captured the Dolby Vision information anyway.

I've got a lot of re-ripping of my discs to do, but it's not really a priority as I'm using a projector for most of my viewing rather than my Dolby Vision compatible LG C9.

Thanks. Looks like if I go for this I'll need to re rip too.

I was using dvdfab but then makemkv DV options became available. Plus I read that maybe DF doesn't actually get complete DV info. I spent days re ripping my discs. I really hope I used 1.15.3 otherwise........

Hello
New in this Zidoo forum and have several questions before I decide what to buy.

Does the new Zidoo units have Google Play?

Can I install Kodi and Netflix from the Google store and these are working fluently?

Does it support DV on BDMV files?

also, I saw a video review and found that there is a black issue, it was compared with a Panasonic BR unit and the Zidoo looks with no good black.
can you please tell about that?

Thanks for all info

Hello

Can I install Kodi and Netflix from the Google store and these are working fluently?

also, I saw a video review and found that there is a black issue, it was compared with a Panasonic BR unit and the Zidoo looks with no good black.

Thanks for all info
Check out Steve's review here on AVForums then go into the review thread. There are owners talking about its features and also links to the official Zidoo forum with info on the raised black issue.

Check out Steve's review here on AVForums then go into the review thread. There are owners talking about its features and also links to the official Zidoo forum with info on the raised black issue.
I couldn't find there about the black issue.
only saw the attached picture in the review. if you could expand about the black issue it would be great.

Attachments

• Panasonic vs Zidoo.jpg
    Panasonic vs Zidoo.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 82
Hello

Thanks for all info

Yes you can install google play
Zidoo comes with its on port of Kodi called Zdmc v18.9
I have installed Matrix 19 it works but i dont fully use its just to test etc .
Most dont add apps on these boxes as they become bloat wear and can cause issues running in background .
I keep mine to bear minimum .
Just use it for Movie Playback .
That Review is was it set up properly ?
There is a table on here with charts of what the Zidoo can achieve and is being worked on via each firmware release .
Page 1396

I couldn't find there about the black issue.
only saw the attached picture in the review. if you could expand about the black issue it would be great.

Look here at the end of my review you have the info

Thought that it may be of help and or interest to reproduce this here:

Interesting how many CEC related issues are reported on Zidoo's own forum. Seems that the Zidoo boxes don't actually include any ability to turn CEC off and do conflict with many AV receivers or other devices. The suggested solution appears to be to disable CEC onboard the AV receiver, but this would then cause issues with that AV receiver being able to access audio from TVs using ARC. ARC is dependant upon HDMI CEC. Even if using eARC, you'd still need to engage HDMI Control onboard some AV receivers.

Seems that the only solution would be to use a CEC less adaptor on the HDMI output from the Zidoo to the AV receiver? Such adaptors work by having no connection on pin 13 so the CEC signal is not passed down the cable to the device.

Yamaha AV receiver's require that HDMI Control be engaged even if using eARC between a TV and the AV receiver. You cannot turn CEC off onboard the AV receiver and still be able to access audio from the TV via eARC. The only solution would be to turn CEC off onboard the associated source. This isn't possible with the Zidoo because they've not included any means by which to turn it off. The only solution is as I've said, to use an HDMI CEC Less Adapter. Lindy make such an adaptor:

If there's another option on Amazon then I cannot find it?

Most people prefer to connect their sources directly to their AV receivers as opposed to using the TV as a hub. Besides which, there would still be issues associated with connecting a device with CEC permanently engagec directly to a TV. The TV is still going to automatically priorities that device when powered up.

It is available in the USA via Amazon, but not via Amazon in the UK:

Amazon product ASIN B00DL48KVI

Last edited:
Does the Movie wall have any options to fit a scope 235:1 screen format using zoom rather than 16:9?

Auto Trailer seems to be working now 👍
imdb has moved now in Yellow Circle
Plus Auto Trailer Mute has been added with a few more features ……..
plus added Rotton Tomatoes Logo has been added in H.T.v4.0.69

I must point out that it is not so clear to me the score that these units get when it suffers from something as substantial as the black level.

Contrast is the basis for a good image and when there is a problem, everything else is less considered.
Unless I correctly identify the severity of the problem reported by people in the various forums

I must point out that it is not so clear to me the score that these units get when it suffers from something as substantial as the black level.

Contrast is the basis for a good image and when there is a problem, everything else is less considered.
Unless I correctly identify the severity of the problem reported by people in the various forums

The recent AVForums review of the Z1000 Pro doesn't report any issues and Steve Withers who did the review tested the output and resulting PQ. He's a certified calibrator.

I'm pretty sure that he'd have reported issues if he'd encountered them?

Last edited:
Well, the facts say different things.
I couldn’t realize what you refer to with direct me to the other forum but it seems the black issue still valid.

Well, the facts say different things.
I couldn’t realize what you refer to with direct me to the other forum but it seems the black issue still valid.

The recent AVForims review was carried out by a certified calibrator. As I said, I think he'd have noticed it if there was something wrong with the video? Maybe ask him?

Someone referred earlier today to several charts that say there are severa issues with HDR and DV in regards to black level.
I was considering to buy a Zidoo unit but then found this issue which make me concerned.

Correct FW to use? Just purchased a Z1000PRO and it came with FW 6.3.0 I performed an online update (Beta box was unchecked) and it went to 6.3.2. The Zidoo Forum talks about using FW 6.3.2 (Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released). This forum is talking about using FW 6.2.5. Question is what FW should I be using? If 6.3.0 is beta why was unit shipped with beta FW and not the last stable version of FW?

6.3.2 appears to be what most are now using.

I was also intrigued by the firmware and the multitude of different variants:

Beta version v6.3.2 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000​

The change logs will be the same as 6.3.0, and some playback instability has been fixed.

Change logs:
System
1. Added the support for MP4 Dolby Vision dual-track dual-layer file.
2. Optimized the stability of local Dolby Vision playback.
3. Optimized system stability.

Player
1. Optimized the display of information user interface.
2. Added CLEARLOGO on poster wall when starting playing.
3. Optimized some language translation.
4. Optimized playback stability.

Poster wall
1. Optimized the settings of the scraping source.
2. Increased the duration sorting function.
3. Added TVMAZE online matching for TV series.
4. Added TVDB V4 interface function.
5. Added local trailer only setting.
6. Optimized the matching accuracy.
7. When sorting by duration, the poster will show the duration of the video.
8. Optimized scanning stability.

Music player
1. Optimized playback stability.
2. Optimized the interface for obtaining album cover.
3. Fixed the problem that the bit rate of music is obtained incorrectly somtimes.
4. Fixed the occasional issue that some audio file cannot be played.
5. Fixed the occasional lag problem when playing some high-sampling-rate music.
6. Fixed the problem that the data in the playlist is occasionally incorrect.
7. Fixed the problem that the device status is incorrect after the scan occasionally flashes back.
8. Optimized audio file sorting function.

Quick settings
1. Added HDMI signal format settings.
2. Optimized HDR settings.

ZD Link
1. Added screen mirroring background playback function.
2. Added AirPlay music screen mirroring function.
3. Added Spotify music screen mirroring function.
4. Optimized the problem that some video software cannot cast screen.
5. Optimized the problem that the PC cannot be cast to the screen.
6. Added Play/Pause key response function for screen mirroring background playback.
7. Fixed the problem of entering into screensaver when playing video.
8. Optimized the stability of the screen mirroring.

OTA
1. Added beta version receiving option.
2. Optimized partial display.

Home page
1. Added shortcut options(For Z1000 Pro, UHD3000).
2. Added weather display in the right top corner of the home page (For Z1000 Pro,UHD3000,weather diaplay can disable in settings).
3. Fixed the problem that the file manager shortcut does not display.
4. Added the application version in popup menu(For Z1000 Pro, UHD3000).

Download:Check online update. If you have upgraded 6.3.0, should be enable the "receive beta version" option.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this unboxing video is hillarious. How he managed to not damage the items is a mystery and I'm pretty sure that he's going out later to tie someone up with the cables?

I think they use the same video to train people how to spot serial killers?

I think he collects sticky back plastic?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom