ZIDOO - Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 - NEO A - NEO S - NEO X - Dolby Vision - Owners Thread

Its funny you mentioned the Q10 Pro which is an excellent player and it PLAYS all the files perfectly that are failing on my UHD 3000

Its funny you mentioned the Q10 Pro which is an excellent player and it PLAYS all the files perfectly that are failing on my UHD 3000
Yeah, apart from the lack of DV, I’ve no complaints really about the Q10 Pro. But I do fancy an upgraded system. I’m hoping the Z10 pro ends up being a good choice.

Hi. New on here. Just ordered the Z10 pro this evening, with it replacing my HiMedia Q10 Pro.
Going for this because of the DV support, and HT layout.

my setup will be the Z10 Pro plugged into my A90J HDMI 4, using eARC through to my Denon 2700h.
I’ve had a read through the first few pages of the forum, but any other tips I should take note of?
Is there a way of also using this as a server for my Samsung TV upstairs to see, and stream my movies off of my hard drive? And if so, what’s the best way to set this up?

thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Group
read the first page for tips etc
and upgrade to latest firmware for DV playback etc 👍
You should be able to stream using this unit .
All Firmware links are on first page .

Setting up is crucial on this to get the most out of it so take your time it may take you a while to fine tune it to your system & get your head round how it all works but be worth it in the end .

Last edited:
Welcome to the Group
read the first page for tips etc
and upgrade to latest firmware for DV playback etc 👍
You should be able to stream using this unit .
All Firmware links are on first page .

Setting up is crucial on this to get the most out of it so take your time it may take you a while to fine tune it to your system & get your head round how it all works but be worth it in the end .
Thanks. Just looking forward to delivery now. Hopefully won’t take too long for it to be dispatched.

hoping my Q10 pro manages to sell on eBay too, or I’ll maybe move it to a tv upstairs anyway.

Also, thinking about upgrading my 8tb HDD to a 14tb one at some point. I still have 1.5tb left free on it, so it’ll do for a little while.
Found a Skyhawk one with 7200rpm. Will this be okay? I read about looking for something under a certain speed to combat loud noise etc..

Also, thinking about upgrading my 8tb HDD to a 14tb one at some point. I still have 1.5tb left free on it, so it’ll do for a little while.
Found a Skyhawk one with 7200rpm. Will this be okay? I read about looking for something under a certain speed to combat loud noise etc..

You dont need the speed for hard drives as it make more noise than whats req and for accessing 4k etc it dont need it .

go for less speed quiter and longer Gtee etc is your best bet .

Very happy with mine, only thing I wish was a bit quicker was the movie images refreshing when scrolling in HT. There's no special tweaks that I can do to speed this up? Much quicker on my Xbox with Kodi.

Very happy with mine, only thing I wish was a bit quicker was the movie images refreshing when scrolling in HT. There's no special tweaks that I can do to speed this up? Much quicker on my Xbox with Kodi.

Agree and more smoother scrolling etc
and im running ssd .

You dont need the speed for hard drives as it make more noise than whats req and for accessing 4k etc it dont need it .

go for less speed quiter and longer Gtee etc is your best bet .
Ah thanks. I can’t seem to find any 14tb ones with a slower speed than 7200rpm. So gonna have to go with one of them when the time comes.
I assume it is cheaper to get one in an enclosure and just take it out? They seem to be a good £50 cheaper at least than getting the HDD on their own.

quick question. Will I be able to just take the hard drive from my Q10 Pro and put it into the Z10 Pro? I won’t have to format it or anything will I? As I’ll struggle to move my files from it, and then back onto it.

Ah thanks. I can’t seem to find any 14tb ones with a slower speed than 7200rpm. So gonna have to go with one of them when the time comes.
I assume it is cheaper to get one in an enclosure and just take it out? They seem to be a good £50 cheaper at least than getting the HDD on their own.

quick question. Will I be able to just take the hard drive from my Q10 Pro and put it into the Z10 Pro? I won’t have to format it or anything will I? As I’ll struggle to move my files from it, and then back onto it.

Should just work its been previously formatted & with Mkv so its slot in and let H.T.v 4 scan the Movies to add the posters etc .

Yes if the drives are cheaper just rip Them out of enclosure .

Should just work its been previously formatted & with Mkv so its slot in and let H.T.v 4 scan the Movies to add the posters etc .

Yes if the drives are cheaper just rip Them out of enclosure .
Excellent thanks. I’ve managed to find a 14tb WD elements one for £250.

Excellent thanks. I’ve managed to find a 14tb WD elements one for £250.
Req formatting ntfs etc
you prob know that ………😎

Whens the new baby arrival ? 😂😂

Req formatting ntfs etc
you prob know that ………😎

Whens the new baby arrival ? 😂😂
😂 Yeah, I’ll reformat it and then spend the hours with the Q10 and Z10 both attached to the laptop transferring the files from one to the other.

Got a dispatch notification this morning for the Z10 and it’s supposed to be on a next day.

Out of interest, I assume I can transfer files from my Laptop to the Z10 via USB like I do with the Q10?

😂 Yeah, I’ll reformat it and then spend the hours with the Q10 and Z10 both attached to the laptop transferring the files from one to the other.

Got a dispatch notification this morning for the Z10 and it’s supposed to be on a next day.

Out of interest, I assume I can transfer files from my Laptop to the Z10 via USB like I do with the Q10?

yes usb
using Zidoo Media interface
go into and select and tick all the movies and copy & paste them .

You can install new drive in Z10 Pro and attach old hard drive via the side sata connection and transfer .

yes usb
using Zidoo Media interface
go into and select and tick all the movies and copy & paste them .

You can install new drive in Z10 Pro and attach old hard drive via the side sata connection and transfer .
Ah brilliant thanks.

Okay, it’s arrived. Liking it so far. My A90J switches to Dolby Vision picture setting when I play a relevant title. The one problem I have seemed to find though is that there is a slight audio delay with any MP4 titles. Has anyone else noticed, and solved the problem for this? All my Dolby Vision titles are MP4’s.

Okay, it’s arrived. Liking it so far. My A90J switches to Dolby Vision picture setting when I play a relevant title. The one problem I have seemed to find though is that there is a slight audio delay with any MP4 titles. Has anyone else noticed, and solved the problem for this? All my Dolby Vision titles are MP4’s.

what version firmware you on and have you rebooted box a few times ?

I haven’t rebooted it at all yet. The software version is saying v6.0.90
MP4’s in stereo like old tv series play fine. It’s any with multi channel audio that seems to have a lag.

May have to just convert my MP4’s into MKV’s or something as having checked all of the multi channel ones, they all have an audio lag. I know there’s an option to adjust for it, but it’ll bug me having to do that is no doubt it would then move the audio in the opposite direction on the non MP4 files.

May have to just convert my MP4’s into MKV’s or something as having checked all of the multi channel ones, they all have an audio lag. I know there’s an option to adjust for it, but it’ll bug me having to do that is no doubt it would then move the audio in the opposite direction on the non MP4 files.

You need to update to a later Firmware addreses a few issues .

You need to update to a later Firmware addreses a few issues .
Oh really? I keep clicking to update on the box and it says it’s already up to date. What’s the most recent firmware? V6.0.90 is the one I have.

What is the newest version for the UHD3000.

I have found a beta of 6.3.0. Is this the latest? And is it safe to just upload using a usb?

EDIT - Sorry, just checked on the first page of this thread and seen the latest one. I’ll download it from there.

I have found a beta of 6.3.0. Is this the latest? And is it safe to just upload using a usb?

EDIT - Sorry, just checked on the first page of this thread and seen the latest one. I’ll download it from there.

You should be able to do it via the web too as it is the latest. You might need to tick the beta box

Dont update to 6.3.0
it has been withdrawn .
there will be a newer version very soon out .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom