ZIDOO Z10 PRO - Z9X - Z1000 PRO - UHD 3000 Dolby Vision VS10 Owners Thread

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Well unfortunately reporting back that the little HDMI Cec removing adapter didn't work.

Really disappointed, the only solution is to switch off fully when not using it. I have a remote plug that would work, bit of a faff each time. Need to try and find one that will integrate with Harmony.

Everything works great, such a shame, decisions decisions

Sir QD oled

Well unfortunately reporting back that the little HDMI Cec removing adapter didn't work.

Really disappointed, the only solution is to switch off fully when not using it. I have a remote plug that would work, bit of a faff each time. Need to try and find one that will integrate with Harmony.

Connected to an Lg oled ?

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Connected to an Lg oled ?
Yep, well to a processor first. ARC just refuses to work unless unit is off completely. Which is obvious I suppose, it can't really interfere if its off :rolleyes:

Sir QD oled

Yep, well to a processor first. ARC just refuses to work unless unit is off completely. Which is obvious I suppose, it can't really interfere if its off :rolleyes:
I had it with an Lg C7 so still appear a problem the one way I could resolve it was with an hd fury integral 2 it s 's just about the hdmi implementation from each brand no issues with Sony and Samsung

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Shame really. Yeah haven't decided yet. Could get something like a Amazon 4K stick instead of the TV apps. Would be cheaper. I kind of like using the TV apps though as well as Freesat.

Blenky

I had ARC issue with my LG. A CEC less adaptor sorted it 100%. Where have you attached the adaptor?

Guzo

Very surprised the Lindy adaptor doesn't work for you, did you connect it to the Zidoo HDMI cable? I connected it to the hdmi cable going into the zidoo but I think either end would work.

Sir QD oled

Shame really. Yeah haven't decided yet. Could get something like a Amazon 4K stick instead of the TV apps. Would be cheaper. I kind of like using the TV apps though as well as Freesat.
Maybe retry with reboot Lg and zidoo and then try again with device you purchased . Never give up on first attempt ;)

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Yeah I've decided to keep it as I like it and it works great with PJ and TV and I like the way the wall works unlike Kodi or others ie click on the film then get info screen rather than going straight to film. Also where two versions of same film can just click on the one you want.. PQ/SQ perfect so can't be bothered to return it as nothing else out there that grabs me.

I have the adapter plugged directly into the HDMI out then plugged cable into that. It literally does nothing. Exactly the same behaviour to before I had it.

I played around with it for ages, unplugging things, at mains, trying different combinations etc etc. I have to have CEC on in my processor for ARC to work. SO maybe it's just a bad combination of TV/processor/Zidoo. Keeping an eye on whether there's a new Apple TV this year so if/when that comes will get one and swap over from TV apps and can leave Zidoo in standby.

John7

I have exactly the same issue with a Z9x and an LG OLED. CEC only works now with the Zidoo HDMI unplugged or the unit switched off. Lindy adapter does not work at all.

My previous X9S worked fine with the LG.

This is really a PITA as currently it’s not ‘family friendly” and if I just want to watch the tv and it’s own speakers rather than the AVR, I have to menu-dive the tv and reboot it to override the CEC.

sodesfeux

Hello,

I'm regrouping my posts/GIFs about PosterWall on this thread to free up space on my Z1000 PRO thread, and it will take me some time to sort out my different posts on this new thread.

I am reducing the speed of some GIFs that are too fast

I'm going to edit some of my comments and some of my GIFs and try to homogenize my thread

See you

sodesfeux

Hello to all,

Update of my Threads dedicated to the Z9X and Z1000 PRO with Fw 6.2.5.

Z1000 PRO

Z9X

See you soon

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-04-18 213928.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2021-04-18 213928.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Capture d’écran 2021-04-18 214012.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2021-04-18 214012.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 18

Blenky

Another shout out for Synology. I have a DS220+. Before that had another Synology, Replaced that as wanted a more powerful model.

JakeA

What are you folks using for NAS shares? SMB or NFS? I do have a Synology DS218+ NAS and wanted to use it for serving my media to the Zidoo Z9X. Is is fairly straightforward to set up the NAS shares? Any tutorial or links you recommend?

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Dead easy. I use SMB for the Zidoo, works perfectly. You'll need the login details of your NAS but that's it. Set up a folder on the NAS where the media is and give it read and write access. Then simply navigate to it and add it in the Home theater app. Simple.

If you have stuff you don't want to go on your wall I would keep that in a separate folder on your NAS and use the media centre app to use it. You can add folders as favourites there.

CCSGDM

Hi I have a video file that shows full green screen when played with Z9X but plays fine with oled Tv built in player. Any idea what’s wrong? Appreciate any help. Thanks

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Hi I have a video file that shows full green screen when played with Z9X but plays fine with oled Tv built in player. Any idea what’s wrong? Appreciate any help. Thanks

Id hazzard its one of your settings is wrong ?
small chance try a certified 4K Hdmi cable
is there an av amp in the chain ?

Disable Hdcp .

Just one video file ?
if so maybe the way its been encoded .

Last edited:

CCSGDM

3 problematic files... tried changing hdmi color but no effect, hdmi cable is certified. Might be encoding issue as u suggested...
Id hazzard its one of your settings is wrong ?
small chance try a certified 4K Hdmi cable
is there an av amp in the chain ?

Disable Hdcp .

Just one video file ?
if so maybe the way its been encoded .

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
3 problematic files... tried changing hdmi color but no effect, hdmi cable is certified. Might be encoding issue as u suggested...

Make sure all devices are connected to Hdmi 2.0 ports and enabled inc in Zidoo settings .👍

sodesfeux

Hello,

For those of you like me who don't know much about setting up a NAS and configuring it to enjoy your video library on your Zidoo, I've made 2 posts on the Zidoo forum.

Don't forget that I'm not an expert, so please bear with me.

Capture d’écran 2021-04-23 082828.jpg
Capture d’écran 2021-04-23 083049.jpg
Capture d’écran 2021-04-23 083257.jpg

See you soon​

Last edited:

detroit1

I am hoping someone knows how to fix this or is there a firmware addressing this issue

I just got the UHD3000 today and hooked it up in place of my Oppo 203. Same Cables, same everything. I tried HDMI RAW and HDMI Auto and same problems

I played DTS HD file, TrueHD File and LPCM 5.1 file, which I have thousands

The DTSHD file only played sound in left and right speakers, TrueHD played in the front 3 and the LPCM only played in the Left and Right and I have thousands of these files

In my receiver I can see it says DTSHD, or TRUEHD or Multi PCM, etc and when I press info when playing the LPCM 5.1 file it shows that it has 5 channels, etc but it only plays the sound in the 2 front speakers

Is this a known issue with the UHD3000 ?

Does anyone know what I should do ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for June 2021