Zidoo X9s HT setup or.....

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by bodone, Mar 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bodone

bodone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi all,

Setting up the Zidoo X9s and I have a some questions -

If using the HT 2 app how do you differentiate between Movies and TV? There is a filter for TV only but no filter or selection for Movies only?

I’ve installed Kodi 17.6 but I’m having issues with video, it looks like it’s sending HD to the screen, LG oled E6, rather than UHD. Sources are UHD from two different NFS mount points on a Synology server.

With HT 2 it does play mkv’s at the correct resolution and sound, just not so keen on the interface and the way it manages Movies and TV.

Again in Kodi, the ‘screen’ resolution option as set at 1900 and greyed out with no option to change it, how do I set this to 4K?

I’m new to android tv boxes and zidoo, do I need to set the screen resolution on the android side first, at the moment it’s set to auto?

Am I barking up the wrong tree, should I just use ZDMC which if I understand correctly is a fork of Kodi for Zadoo devices. And if yes are there any particular set up options for 4K output to an LG oled and bitstream audio to an atmos system?

Thanks again all.

2. adam-burnley

adam-burnley
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    Set the playback device to External Player in ZDMC (Kodi) to get 4K HDR playback with Atmos etc.

Leave all display options to Auto.... although look in the owners thread about different settings fir LG OLED TVs.

Set Audio to RAW.