Zidoo X8 vs X9S vs X10 (vs Zappiti Mini 4K HDR)

sharok

Novice Member
How many times have you scanned the folders / drives? It sometimes takes 3-4 scans to pick everything up.
Thanks for all your help and your time.
Everything is working fine now.
The collections use A, B, C, ... for multiple parts of a series.

When I add a new movie to my hard drive, how can I add that to my Theater 2.0 without scanning the whole folder? Is there a way for the unit to do auto scan?

Also, I feel the picture looks a little darker than when I play the same movie from Oppo.
Do I need to adjust the "Picture Parameters"? I use an LG OLED E6 (which is professionally calibrated).

Last edited:

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
The collections use A, B, C, ... for multiple parts of a series.
Ah yes, it can do that. You can change that so they have separate posters by unmatching and / or removing from the collection. I can't just remember the exact sequence now, but will have a look later.

When I add a new movie to my hard drive, how can I add that to my Theater 2.0 without scanning the whole folder? Is there a way for the unit to do auto scan?
It will autoscan when starting HTv2, and at regular points when idle at the poster wall.

Also, I feel the picture looks a little darker than when I play the same movie from Oppo.
Do I need to adjust the "Picture Parameters"? I use an LG OLED E6 (which is professionally calibrated).
I believe there are some tweaks you can make for an OLED tv. Have a look through the X10 owners thread, possibly in the first post.

sharok

Novice Member
Ah yes, it can do that. You can change that so they have separate posters by unmatching and / or removing from the collection. I can't just remember the exact sequence now, but will have a look later.

It will autoscan when starting HTv2, and at regular points when idle at the poster wall.

I believe there are some tweaks you can make for an OLED tv. Have a look through the X10 owners thread, possibly in the first post.
I checked the X10 forum area as you suggested, but couldn't find any.

Thanks again

sharok

Novice Member
I ripped all my movies using "makemkv" which include subtitles.
When I play them in Zidoo, they all play with subtitles and I have to turn it off in each movie.
Is there any way to change the default setting to "No Subtitle"?

sharok

Novice Member
People at avsforum helped me with this.
Here is the solution for other interested users:

Quick Settings > Playback > Default Language > Default Subtitle > Off

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
People at avsforum helped me with this.
Here is the solution for other interested users:

Quick Settings > Playback > Default Language > Default Subtitle > Off
The issue you will now find is that forced subs will not be displayed either. This is the same across most similar chipset based media players, so not limited to the Zidoo. Ideally you would rip with just the forced subtitles.

For future reference, it is best to post questions such as this in the relevant owners thread - this thread was intended to provide a summary of the differences between the models, so doesn't have as many subscribers as the owners threads.

sharok

Novice Member
The issue you will now find is that forced subs will not be displayed either. This is the same across most similar chipset based media players, so not limited to the Zidoo. Ideally you would rip with just the forced subtitles.

For future reference, it is best to post questions such as this in the relevant owners thread - this thread was intended to provide a summary of the differences between the models, so doesn't have as many subscribers as the owners threads.
Thanks.
Sure.
Sorry for changing the subject in this thread.

meagabyte

Im busy looking for a replacment for my WD Tv Live and found this thread. Whats the difference between the X10 and the Z10? is it basically the Z series have the built in HDD tray?

daveb975

Im busy looking for a replacment for my WD Tv Live and found this thread. Whats the difference between the X10 and the Z10? is it basically the Z series have the built in HDD tray?

No, it's the number that indicates the HDD tray. X9S and Z9S don't have one, X10 and Z10 do.

I have only used the X9S so am not too sure on what the exact differences are, but the Z series run a later chipset and will be supported with updates for longer. For the small price difference, I'd go with the Z series if you are buying new.

meagabyte

Thanks for the heads up. Dont need the drive bay as all my rips are on a NAS.
Just about to start ripping my 4k disks so need a player that can play them back but looks like the Z series has an issue with 4k so not 100% sold yet lol

Coruja3D

Just about to start ripping my 4k disks so need a player that can play them back but looks like the Z series has an issue with 4k so not 100% sold yet lol

Yes I'd seen some reports of a number of issues with the Z on the tread for that player so have not upgraded yet. My X9S is pretty solid with 4ks so far (in ISO format), other than it can't play a few of them with the blu-ray menu. So far for these problem ones the option of just playing the track has worked though, other than this method seems more prone to issues with not playing forced sub-titles.

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
Not enough on the Z series to interest me, plus reports of problems so sticking with my X9S for now. It works perfectly with my BD, 3D and 4K mkv rips stored on a NAS.

DodgeTheViper

Not enough on the Z series to interest me, plus reports of problems so sticking with my X9S for now. It works perfectly with my BD, 3D and 4K mkv rips stored on a NAS.

What drive do you use for those 4K rips ?

DodgeTheViper

I had a feeling you might say it was an internal drive. The external ones are a more difficult prospect to find.

Do you have to bother with any hash tag stuff or is it as simple as a normal bluray, i.e. stick the disc in and rip ?

Last edited:

adam-burnley

Distinguished Member
Thanks.

I had a feeling you might say it was an internal drive. The external ones are a more difficult prospect to find.

Do you have to bother with any hash tag stuff or is it as simple as a normal bluray, i.e. stick the disc in and rip ?
I believe some have fitted internal drives in to external caddy's successfully.

MakeMKV handles 4Ks perfectly (at least for my small collection), the latest version grabs the key automatically now.

DodgeTheViper

I believe some have fitted internal drives in to external caddy's successfully.

MakeMKV handles 4Ks perfectly (at least for my small collection), the latest version grabs the key automatically now.

Ah, I wasn’t aware they could be fitted into a external caddy. I’ll look into that.

Great to hear that it grabs the keys ok, that’s good news.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom