ZIDOO X20 / X20 PRO Super Audio DAC Owners Thread

So my X20 arrived yesterday and first impressions are very good. Nicely built and was easy to set up.
Scanned my movie collection on the NAS and matched about 60% of the films with some of the ones it matched being way off the mark. Scrapping could be better.
But the picture quality is excellent without dropping frames stuttering etc. Something I had issues with on PLEX. I had spent a lot more to build a media PC and it never worked 100% to my satisfaction. Zidoo X20 has saved the day.
As for the Multi channel audio support, There is an option for the player to downgrade HD audio to the Core DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 but I couldn't seem to get that to work. But most HD films have the lesser codec as an additional track anyway so just reverting back to that for the time being while I look at upgrading the AV AMP. So using the dual HDMI out option.
I say watch and learn , today is a marvelous day maybe other days will be a bit less ;)
It"s a new toy so after a few weeks it will reveal his strengths and weaknesses :love:
Have fun :thumbsup:

I can´t find the information about 'MaxFALL and MaxCLL output', any idea?

The option is listed in the last firmware as 'Optimize HDR display (available MaxFALL and MaxCLL output)', but I don´t see it in any menu or info screen.

Thanks in advance.

I can´t find the information about 'MaxFALL and MaxCLL output', any idea?

The option is listed in the last firmware as 'Optimize HDR display (available MaxFALL and MaxCLL output)', but I don´t see it in any menu or info screen.

Thanks in advance.
I believe if you want to see play video press info en then ok and there you have some info on that subject. The only way to really have the real deal is a hd fury intergral 2 or vertex in the chain then you have all the info and toys you need.:D

I believe if you want to see play video press info en then ok and there you have some info on that subject. The only way to really have the real deal is a hd fury intergral 2 or vertex in the chain then you have all the info and toys you need.:D
It seems that they are not options but HDR variables which the player should now react to implicitly.

Anyway it would be great to see them when pressing the info button.

Some YouTube videos about the Mediacenter and Zidoo Music 3.0 apps for X20/Pro:

Cheers.

Hi all. Considering getting one of these to replace my Vero 4K, but can I ask about the media interface and if it is exclusive to the X20 vs the Z series?

I believe the answer is yes but wanted to double check. I have watched a few videos and it looks really good, but I don’t really need the internal drive bays hence the Z9 might be suitable if it has the improved interface.

Hi all. Considering getting one of these to replace my Vero 4K, but can I ask about the media interface and if it is exclusive to the X20 vs the Z series?

I believe the answer is yes but wanted to double check. I have watched a few videos and it looks really good, but I don’t really need the internal drive bays hence the Z9 might be suitable if it has the improved interface.
The X20/Pro have an exclusive user interface, any other Zidoo player has this interface.

Regards.

The upcoming Z1000 will have the same user interface as the X20/X20 Pro, but only has one drive bay, is a fair bit smaller, and will be a bit cheaper. I think it's the best looking of any of the Zidoo players too. The Z1000 will only have an IR remote though, not the Bluetooth remote of the X20/X20 Pro. You can buy the Bluetooth remote separately though, if that's something you wanted.

The upcoming Z1000 will have the same user interface as the X20/X20 Pro, but only has one drive bay, is a fair bit smaller, and will be a bit cheaper. I think it's the best looking of any of the Zidoo players too. The Z1000 will only have an IR remote though, not the Bluetooth remote of the X20/X20 Pro. You can buy the Bluetooth remote separately though, if that's something you wanted.
Yes but i'm not font of launching similar models with adding nothing new and while they are still struggling to get decent firmware for the realteak 1296. Looks like money grabbin to me.
Dolby vision , hdr 10+ steady firmware maybe better a sigma-soc ???

Last edited:
Presumably that is what Zappiti are working on now for their well trailed new player. I look forward to their 1395 player later this year more than any Zidoo update. The media centre is better.
Only downside will be the price i think the fee for Dolby Vision will be a lot i suppose but if it's working properly i consider a return to the red curtains:D
The media centre is definitely the strongest point and the beating heart of the zap :thumbsup:
The zid has still a mountain to climb on that perspective ;)

Just out new firmware x20 pro :

- http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X20_PRO/v2.2.61/ZIDOO_X20-Pro_N_v2.2.61_201904260918_ota-package.zip :thumbsup:

Since v2.2.56 changes:
System

1.Optimizing ATMOS Audio track Output
2. Fixed Mute Function invalid when HDMI IN working
3. Fixed the problem that some files can not obtain forced subtitle
4. Fixed the freezes problem of some audio tracks for some MKW films
5. Optimized system stability.

Home Theater

1.Added function that loading external devices automatically and automatic scanning switch .
2. Fixed the problem that the post wall will match failed when stopped scanning manually.
3.Added Focus looping function of left navigation list in setting interface
4.Added Blu-ray navigation select box for match-failed movies
5 Changed some UI of device interface
6. Fixed the invalid automatic update of background
7. Added function that importing previous setting after date cleared

Quick setting

1. Added function of locking resolution
2. Added 1080P23 and 4K23 resolution options

Player

1.Added function that when showing video information the movie will continue playing.

Music Player

1. Optimized music player stability
2. Optimized date analysis.

Since v2.1.40 changes:
Syetem
1.Optimized https download of transmission in openwrt
2.Fixed random no sound occurred in extreme NFS and SMB internet environment .
3.Fixed abnormal play of Individual source .
4.Added chapter selection of MKV videos.
5.Added Control 4 certificated drive. Drive download:https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=zidoo&fq=certified:"true"
6.FIxed Individual TV’ (Such as Samsung KS series) splash screen problem when plays in 4K 24Hz 10bit YUV444.
7.Fixed no dispaly of some TV when restart them after sleep mode.
8.Optimized system stability .

Launcher
1.Fixed date display way of main interface when language setting in Chinese

Music
1.Optimized accuracy of matching .
2.Optimized stability .
3.Optimized SACD matching and added matching of info files.
4.Added matching function of album.
6.Optimized analysis of album related information.

Home Theater
1.Fixed possible program exception error caused by cancel collection.
2.Optimized searching way that the post wall will continue matching by first letter, and will show the movie with high matching degree first
3.Fixed virtual Key Layout of searching interface.
4.Fixed date no update when NFO matched films rematched to be TMDB films .
5.Fixed invalidation problem of INFO key and POP key in third layout of main interface.
6.Fixed the black line showed in the right part of the too long headline in second layout of main interface.
7.Optimized matching accuracy of post wall
8.Optimized interface display of main interface’ left pane .

Quick Setting.
1.Added play modes setting .

Local Player
1. Added chapter selection of MKV videos.

Blu-Ray Navigation
1. Optimized accuracy of Blu-Ray Navigation

HDMI IN
1.Added sustaining record function when HDMI output turned off.

RS232
1.Fixed crash problem when sending order to fast.

Model:ZIDOO_X20 Pro
Version:v2.2.61
Download url:
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X20_PRO/v2.2.61/ZIDOO_X20-Pro_N_v2.2.61_201904260918_ota-package.zip

For the x20

Since v2.2.56 changes:
System

1.Optimizing ATMOS Audio track Output
2. Fixed Mute Function invalid when HDMI IN working
3. Fixed the problem that some files can not obtain forced subtitle
4. Fixed the freezes problem of some audio tracks for some MKW films
5. Optimized system stability.

Home Theater

1.Added function that loading external devices automatically and automatic scanning switch .
2. Fixed the problem that the post wall will match failed when stopped scanning manually.
3.Added Focus looping function of left navigation list in setting interface
4.Added Blu-ray navigation select box for match-failed movies
5 Changed some UI of device interface
6. Fixed the invalid automatic update of background
7. Added function that importing previous setting after date cleared

Quick setting

1. Added function of locking resolution
2. Added 1080P23 and 4K23 resolution options

Player

1.Added function that when showing video information the movie will continue playing.

Music Player

1. Optimized music player stability
2. Optimized date analysis.

Since v2.1.40 changes:
Syetem
1.Optimized https download of transmission in openwrt
2.Fixed random no sound occurred in extreme NFS and SMB internet environment .
3.Fixed abnormal play of Individual source .
4.Added chapter selection of MKV videos.
5.Added Control 4 certificated drive. Drive download:https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=zidoo&fq=certified:"true"
6.FIxed Individual TV’ (Such as Samsung KS series) splash screen problem when plays in 4K 24Hz 10bit YUV444.
7.Fixed no dispaly of some TV when restart them after sleep mode.
8.Optimized system stability .

Launcher
1.Fixed date display way of main interface when language setting in Chinese

Music
1.Optimized accuracy of matching .
2.Optimized stability .
3.Optimized SACD matching and added matching of info files.
4.Added matching function of album.
6.Optimized analysis of album related information.

Home Theater
1.Fixed possible program exception error caused by cancel collection.
2.Optimized searching way that the post wall will continue matching by first letter, and will show the movie with high matching degree first
3.Fixed virtual Key Layout of searching interface.
4.Fixed date no update when NFO matched films rematched to be TMDB films .
5.Fixed invalidation problem of INFO key and POP key in third layout of main interface.
6.Fixed the black line showed in the right part of the too long headline in second layout of main interface.
7.Optimized matching accuracy of post wall
8.Optimized interface display of main interface’ left pane .

Quick Setting.
1.Added play modes setting .

Local Player
1. Added chapter selection of MKV videos.

Blu-Ray Navigation
1. Optimized accuracy of Blu-Ray Navigation

HDMI IN
1.Added sustaining record function when HDMI output turned off.

RS232
1.Fixed crash problem when sending order to fast.

Model:ZIDOO_X20
Version:v2.2.61
Download url:
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X20/v2.2.61/ZIDOO_X20_N_v2.2.61_201904261656_ota-package.zip

MD5: BDAAA202A192E6FD1B6AAD327F4E3C34

Upgrade method:OTA

If you have installed google play kit, please reinstall it after upgrade.

How to upgrade

I don´t understand 'Since v2.2.56 changes', the previous version was 2.1.40 for both X20/Pro.

Have you tried the new firmware? Any important issues?

I don´t understand 'Since v2.2.56 changes', the previous version was 2.1.40 for both X20/Pro.

Have you tried the new firmware? Any important issues?
No will do tonight at work for now ;)

They did a 2.2.56 for the z9 and z10 and worked from their on i suppose to the this version. so the Z9 and 10 were guinea pigs:eek:

So, should I buy a Z9S or is there something new inbound?

A few videos played and seems very stable to me, but I have several questions:

- DTS-HD or DTS-X audio tracks aren´t labeled properly when pressing Audio or Info button (appears just DTS 5.1)
- How to activate Chapter selection in MKV videos

Regards.

A few videos played and seems very stable to me, but I have several questions:

- DTS-HD or DTS-X audio tracks aren´t labeled properly when pressing Audio or Info button (appears just DTS 5.1)
- How to activate Chapter selection in MKV videos

Regards.
Press menu go to Blu-ray menu and select their the mkv chapters on your mkv movie.
Indeed no more dts-hd labeling in the info menu needs a fix.
You can lock your resolution now in the settings don't work on automatic selection but that's mentioned.
What also is gone is the developer's option in the nougat 7.1 section so no more tweaking there just the essential is left:(
Looks stable to me this version but need a longer testing period to see if it's stable enough in the long run
After cleaning data on HT2 and did a re scan for testing i got a blurred version of the posters so stopped it and did a restore of my poster wall , everything:) is fine now.

What also is gone is the developer's option in the nougat 7.1 section so no more tweaking there just the essential is left :(
Go to Advanced Settings, enter 'About TV Box' and press the OK button 7 times quickly while on 'Build number' option.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hi guys ! Which is the best naming convention for the correct movie scraping ? Any suggest ? Thanks

I use filebot , since i use this never had a problem anymore with scraping or naming .
you can find it on the internet ;)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom