B56E9501-B4D5-4BF4-BE83-344A3873CB6C.jpeg
30D0AA38-1C1F-4215-99FB-C8401F08050B.jpeg
0BFFE254-9545-452A-B619-A2FF4077729C.jpeg
7A6106B5-6485-43C7-ADFA-A6968347FF7C.jpeg

ZIDOO X10 Realtek 1295 Revision Updated v1.2 motherboard

Tips & Firmware updates :

1 : Latest Motherboard revision Realtek 1295 v1.2 [ 2017 - 2018 units ]
Support 1080p , 4K , HDR10 , 3D Playback , SACD ISO,DFF,DSF file playback
usb 3.0 x1 , Usb 2.0 x2 , Hdmi input x1 Hdmi output x1 , Hdmi 2.0a spec , ir , Bluetooth 4.0,
Android 7.1 [ coming soon ]

2 : Recommend buy a Quality premium Certified 4K Hdmi 2.0 cable for 4K usage if Audio Drop out or blank switching screen issues are observed.
3 : Does not req internet connections for usage ( perfect for Holiday usage where no access for wi-fi
4 : Wi - Fi Aerials req to be connected to make Bluetooth work correctly it uses them it seems.
5 : Home Theater v2.0 Released .
6 : When updating firmware download as is dont touch it and just copy paste to usb stick
and let zidoo locate it and it will test and unzip it for you .
7 : Once firmware is installed power off box then unplug from the mains for a few seconds then re-attach to the mains and power back on the Zidoo Box . ( just helps re-set the zidoo )
8 : Go to apps long click on Home Theater 2.0 app menu appears highlight Boot straight to Home Theater 2.0
and when you power on your X10 it will go straight to the Home Theater 2.0 screen .
9 : X10 can take a 3.5 inch drive or a 2.5 inch drive with a caddy .
Ssd Drive for Silent operation and no fan enabled . [ which i have tested ]
10 : Dont clog X10 with many downloaded apps it can make it struggle and cause issues try keep it minimal as possible .
11 : Boot time from power on to home screen approx 32 sec .
12 : It pays to physically unplug the unit from the mains which re sets the unit and defrag it on occasion if you experience some odd issues .
13 : Constant reboot issues on X10 can be power adapter being faulty in some circumstances. [ Replace ]

Firmware
Version 2.1.40: (Latest release):
Version 2.0.34:
http://apidl.zidoo.tv/X10/v2.0.34/X10-v2.0.34-201807111106-ota.zip
Version 2.0.25:
http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X10/OTA/OTA-X10-v2.0.25-201805251414.zip
Version 2.0.15:
http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X10/OTA/OTA-X10-v2.0.15-201803082143.zip
Version 2.0.5:
http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X10/OTA/OTA-X10-v2.0.5-201801222100.zip
Version 1.5.0:
http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X10/OTA/OTA-X10-v1.5.0-201712182057.zip
Version 1.4.16:
http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X10/OTA/OTA-X10-v1.4.16-201711101421.zip
Version 1.4.12:
OTA-X10-v1.4.12-201708191058
Version 1.4.6:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1oyr26k1etmow24/X10-v1.4.6-20170624_ota.zip

ZDMC
Version 17.6.1 (Latest release):
https://github.com/zidootech/ZDMC/releases/download/17.6.1/zdmc-17.6.1_1295.apk

Home Theater 2.0
Version 1.4.2:
http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/software/Home_theater_2.0_1.4.2.apk
Version 1.4.6 (Latest release):
http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/software/zidoo_poster_2.0_1.4.6.apk

Last edited:
Since a few of us are getting this new item in i thought an official thread would be welcome with fixes and issues etc
And comparisons etc .

Mines being tracked at this moment and should be here hopefully tommorow i hope .

Latest firmware :

New ZIUI coming soon ......
New Hometheater update coming soon ......

v1.4.16 for ZIDOO X10

v1.4.12 for ZIDOO X10

v1.4.6 for ZIDOO X10
Updatelist:

System:

1,Fix the issue that flv streaming is not playable.
2,Adjust the accuracy of IR receiver.
3,Fix the error of playback in APE music.
4,Fix the issue that stream get stuck in some streaming apk.
5,Optimize the transmission of USB 3.0.
6,Fix the issue that the sata hard-disk can't be read after the wake-up of box.
7,Fix the unexpected displaying of loading infomation when stream Iqiyi videos.
8,Fix the issue that the box can't be wake up when USB 3.0 is connected with a usb stick.
9,Fix CEC failure after wake up the box.
10,Fix display failure when HDMI IN comes with 1080i video source.
11,Optimize the system stability.
12,Fix the problem in the simultaneity of audio and video in a certain App
13,Improve the compatibility of rtsp and rtmp streaming
14,Fix the black screen problem occasionally happens to a certain App
15,Fix the error happens to continuous switching channels in a certain App
16,Fix the failure to get audio tracks from online videos by system video player
17,Fix the black screen occuring to some receivers when the Deep Color is set to Auto , Color Space is YCbCr444 and resolution is [email protected] in the meantime.
18,Fix the problem unexpected reboot during standby mode
19,Nuplayer support Dolby and DTS passrough(Online stream)

App:

VideoPlayer:
1,Improve the experience of operating progress bar.
2,Fix the reading issue of BDMV titles.
3,Optimize the shortcut keys for switch audio tracks and subtitles.
4,Fix the issue that some subtitle can't be download.
5,Fix the issue that some subtitle can't be displayed properly.
6,Fix the issue some mkv files display two subtitles at the same time.
7,Fix the malfunction of bookmark.
8,Improve the playback of UHD bluray movie.

Musicplayer:
1,Fix the listing information of some APE and FLAC can't be read out.
2,Fix the failure to fetch the singer information for some songs.
3,Display the CUE list playing
4,Save the song played last time and it’s process.
5,Add CUE support for WAV and DTS.

QuickSettings:
1,Add a Auto23.976/24 for 4K switch
2, Add a switch between Nuplayer and Dvdplayer for online videos playback

File manager
1,Improve some translation
2,Fix the malfunction of classification.

Blu-Ray:
1,Fix the movie don't pause when press the OK key for the first time in the playback.

Shortcut key
1,Add delete key and multitasks function

Theater
1,Fix the problem the videos won’t be played if you add a root path of NFS.

Openwrt:
1,Support more languages.

Full_OTA_Package(User data won’t be wiped.):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1oyr26k1etmow24/X10-v1.4.6-20170624_ota.zip

MD5: 642876329015AA23BFBCDEF5F8520048

How to upgrade

ZDMC:http://www.mediafire.com/file/n99ucxe3wbbgxf2/zdmc-17.1.apk

ZDMC :http://www.mediafire.com/file/kvnmzg1g87wj8kv/zdmc-17.6_1295.apk

Owners Manual : X10 ZIDOO X10 Android TV Box User Manual ZIDOO X9S Shenzhen Zidoo Technology Co., Ltd.

Last edited:
UHD playback is indeed enhanced (HDR).
Great player but x8 performs exactly the same at half the price.

X10's build quality is top notch though.Pleasure to just looking at it.

I would agree with vadergr, there is very little functional difference between the X10, the X9S and the X8. I got all three for a direct test, and they all handled everything I threw at them, including UHD HDR, Atmos and DTS:X.

The X10 remote is very good though and more substantial than the remote provided with the X9S and X9S. I particularly like the backlight, which is unusually very bright - great for dedicated cinema rooms (even though I'd be using a Harmony remote anyway).

The chassis is nice, and the additional info on the display is welcome, although would probably lose interest in it before too long.

IMO the only reason to buy this model over the other two is for the internal HDD option.

I would agree with vadergr, there is very little functional difference between the X10, the X9S and the X8. I got all three for a direct test, and they all handled everything I threw at them, including UHD HDR, Atmos and DTS:X.

The X10 remote is very good though and more substantial than the remote provided with the X9S and X9S. I particularly like the backlight, which is unusually very bright - great for dedicated cinema rooms (even though I'd be using a Harmony remote anyway).

The chassis is nice, and the additional info on the display is welcome, although would probably lose interest in it before too long.

IMO the only reason to buy this model over the other two is for the internal HDD option.

Its one of the reasons i opted for the X10 is its internal storage and the look / style of the unit and build quality .

Im hoping the Shield is put aside as the unit will be only used for Movie playback etc .
Mine is on its way today so new toy . :)

Well my Zidoo X10 arrived late afternoon little concerned as the unit was handed to me in just the Box with Amazon labels stuck on it :(
And the box was not sealed soo the bottom could have fallen out with unit etc .

Not good .

Got unit home all seemed fine everything sealed etc and new .......
One negative is the power plug the lead is not long enough i found so unit had to be moved closer to my power point .
( NVidia Shield lead is longer and just the right lengh .)

Connected up and booted up a hello welcome screen is displayed ..

Went in to settings and adjusted nd had to turn off fan it was distracting / annoying .
On early firmware 3.01 etc
But could not update over the air for some strange reason to latest version ?
Connected up my portable hard drive and viewed and played a few Movies in HD 5.1
And my test example The Martian early stages it seemed to play back slight better pic quality compared to the Shield

Pic was smooth and no stuttering over the landscape view at start up of Movie .

But will have to compare together again as was late .

So Far its looking good a keeper and on early firmware to
But early days yet .
Hearing an update coming to resolve colour issues etc later ?
Will add more when i had more play time .

I also thought the power cable was too short, however, it was only about 5cm shorter than the Zappiti one so I didn't think it was worth mentioning... not having any experience with other media players, it could have been the norm.

Shame about the delivery. All mine came in proper Amazon cardboard boxes.

Where are you looking for the firmware version? Mine are on v1.3.0 (Android version 6.0.1)

I also thought the power cable was too short, however, it was only about 5cm shorter than the Zappiti one so I didn't think it was worth mentioning... not having any experience with other media players, it could have been the norm.

Shame about the delivery. All mine came in proper Amazon cardboard boxes.

Where are you looking for the firmware version? Mine are on v1.3.0 (Android version 6.0.1)

Firmware V 1.4.6
On top of this thread
Will have to download it manually via usb stick later when i have time resolves a lot of issues etc

I did get mine on a price reduction mind you but still poor packaging from Amazon etc :(

nvidia shield lead is much longer only thing i could see an improvement on and if a quality metal remote be an excellent improvement .

Firmware V 1.4.6
On top of this thread
Will have to download it manually via usb stick later when i have time resolves a lot of issues etc
Okay that's interesting then. Both the X10 and X9S were on v1.3.0 upon arrival, and stated there was no update available. I know that OTA updates can be one version behind, but these are a couple of versions behind.

The X8 is even worse as it's 4 version behind and thinks its up to date!

Hmm....

Okay that's interesting then. Both the X10 and X9S were on v1.3.0 upon arrival, and stated there was no update available. I know that OTA updates can be one version behind, but these are a couple of versions behind.

The X8 is even worse as it's 4 version behind and thinks its up to date!

Hmm....

You need to update ! !
As the units are a couple firmware behind etc
And it puts kodi on 17.1 etc
And resolves remote pick up issues and and ( look on top of thread )

Will update mine tonight as had to much going on last night .

You need to update ! !
As the units are a couple firmware behind etc
And it puts kodi on 17.1 etc
And resolves remote pick up issues and and ( look on top of thread )

Will update mine tonight as had to much going on last night .
I've not had any problems with anything, but will update anyway as I'm still testing.

Haven't tried Kodi yet (other than opening), as I quite like the simplistic Home Theatre UI to be honest. Much easier for the family too, they have struggled with the Kodi UI before.

When ordering from Amazon some listings say that the item will be visible on delivery,you have to tick a box to have it sent in Amazon outer box.

When ordering from Amazon some listings say that the item will be visible on delivery,you have to tick a box to have it sent in Amazon outer box.

Odd all my shipments come boxed from Amazon but stickers removed all ok .
Will have to look next time for the tick box .

Just updated to firmware 1.4.6 so far all good getting my head round the way it all works so work in progress .

Just updated to firmware 1.4.6 so far all good getting my head round the way it all works so work in progress .
Has yours updated Kodi to 17.1? I've only updated the X8 so far, but it left Kodi on 16.1. TBH, I'm not fussed about Kodi as prefer the simplicity of the Home Theatre app anyway.

Kodi is a seperate update,can be found on zidoo forums but I think it has problems.

Has yours updated Kodi to 17.1? I've only updated the X8 so far, but it left Kodi on 16.1. TBH, I'm not fussed about Kodi as prefer the simplicity of the Home Theatre app anyway.

No its a seperate update as mentioned but if im correct kodi produces a slightly better picture quality than the Home Theatre App .
But agree its more simplistic / user experience .

No its a seperate update as mentioned but if im correct kodi produces a slightly better picture quality than the Home Theatre App .
But agree its more simplistic / user experience .
Is it noticeably better? I thought the output was pretty good from the HT app, and the UHD HDR demo was excellent.

Is it noticeably better? I thought the output was pretty good from the HT app, and the UHD HDR demo was excellent.

Still testing on it but heard meant to be better ?
Ive just paired up my Nvidia remote on unit so much better quicker / faster response via Bluetooth and non diretctional etc .
Only thing cant power off unit via remote but no big thing .

So this Zidoo X10 is getting better
Id imagine another update in August as the last two were 2 months apart
Icing on the cake be Dolby Vision but think it needs Nougat 7.00 os .

Cant test 4K yet :(

Does this player do full menu bluray iso ?
thanks

Its stuff that cant be talked on here,but they are available to download

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom