ZIDOO X10 4K HDR Owners Thread

DAVE1971

Sorry if this had been asked previously - can I use my own poster art on the movie wall? Eg can I add my own poster art in the same folder as the BDMV so when it runs a scan, it used this as the default image?

Many thanks

Kyle009

If it doesn't pick it up automatically you can just press and hold on the cover art and change the image.

Jonesthegas

Are these now discoverable by Windows as a network drive?

Matdee

just a question. I don't find anymore the general settings Button, there is only the Quick setting Button. Did they cancelled the function??

vb47

I'm experimenting with the "HDMI In" application and now I'm getting some lame message about not being able to record due to restrictions where I just did a very short test recording a few weeks ago. I see and hear the video in that PIP window. T tried TS and MP4 (which I have a short test recording)
The source is a DVR w/ a OTA tuner (not CATV), so it's not a 'copyright' issue since it is Over The Air (allowed in the US).

The deveice in line is a 4 port HDMI splitter which I just received. Previousely I was using a 2 port splitter (that worked). Is there any possibility that it's this splitter injecting something? The 4 port is foir a 2nd small TV to use as a monitor so not to 'tie up' the main set.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
I'm experimenting with the "HDMI In" application and now I'm getting some lame message about not being able to record due to restrictions where I just did a very short test recording a few weeks ago. I see and hear the video in that PIP window. T tried TS and MP4 (which I have a short test recording)
The source is a DVR w/ a OTA tuner (not CATV), so it's not a 'copyright' issue since it is Over The Air (allowed in the US).

The deveice in line is a 4 port HDMI splitter which I just received. Previousely I was using a 2 port splitter (that worked). Is there any possibility that it's this splitter injecting something? The 4 port is foir a 2nd small TV to use as a monitor so not to 'tie up' the main set.

Sounds like it if the previous one was fine and now issues with new one deff .

vb47

It appears to be a issue with what gets connected and in what order and it doesn't look like it's a easy solution.

Other than the 'HDMI IN' application that is include, are there any other applications that will work with these or other similar boxes with a HDMI In port to record footage from HDMI sources?

vb47

Finding for a solution for the above, things were fine until..............

Apparently after loading Kodi 18.9 it looks like for some unknown reason (since I have no other explanation) that it corrupted the 'HDMI In' function that affected recordings so the video is ok, but the audio track plays back in (about) 1/4 normal speed.
I've tried the recording on other internal players and played the recordings back on a PC and the same thing.

When recording the audio is fine (of course), it's just after it's recorded. I've tried more than one source and more than one HDMI splitter, the results are the same.

I even removed Kodi 18.9, but no change. I'm assuming it's a Codec issue, but that's my guess. I have the most recent F/W. I believe one can't re-load that same firmware over itself her can one? if not, hoe about loading a older version? I've never done either.

Ideas here welcome. I hope the above is clear enough. :confused:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 293381

Will a 10tb external USB hard drive work ok with this model?

Tony
I have an 8TB external hard drive plugged into the USB3 port on the X10 and that works fine.

So a 10TB drive should work OK - plugged into the USB3 port and not the USB2 port :)

D

Deleted member 293381

Bought my Zidoo X10 in Feb 2018 and it has worked flawlessly over the years.

However, as I've added more and more TV series and films with associated artwork so Home Theatre has taken more and more time to load up all the info.

Now I have about 15TB of TV series and films and the poor old Home Theatre app is really struggling to load everything up before the wall appears. It takes well over 2 minutes before the poster wall appears and ready to go.

I fitted 16TB (an internal 8TB hard drive and an external USB3 8TB hard drive) to the X10. So with slightly over 15TB of media data on both drives it is getting full. Also the system overheads must take quite a lot of the storage when running Home Theatre.

Question is - what is the maximum hard drive capacity the X10 can handle? For example if I replace the usb 8TB hard drive with a 14TB hard drive will it work?

I could of course go for a more modern Zidoo player like the Z10 Pro. Assuming it can take about 22TB of hard drives. Also would the Home Theatre be any faster?

Sir QD oled

Bought my Zidoo X10 in Feb 2018 and it has worked flawlessly over the years.

However, as I've added more and more TV series and films with associated artwork so Home Theatre has taken more and more time to load up all the info.

Now I have about 15TB of TV series and films and the poor old Home Theatre app is really struggling to load everything up before the wall appears. It takes well over 2 minutes before the poster wall appears and ready to go.

I fitted 16TB (an internal 8TB hard drive and an external USB3 8TB hard drive) to the X10. So with slightly over 15TB of media data on both drives it is getting full. Also the system overheads must take quite a lot of the storage when running Home Theatre.

Question is - what is the maximum hard drive capacity the X10 can handle? For example if I replace the usb 8TB hard drive with a 14TB hard drive will it work?

I could of course go for a more modern Zidoo player like the Z10 Pro. Assuming it can take about 22TB of hard drives. Also would the Home Theatre be any faster?
Concerning the newer models for instance the z10pro it is registered internal as 16 tb limit but there are cases with 18 tb without troubles. the ht 4.0 is a lot faster with the newer chip set. Internal 16 and another 16 tb is no problem. my orico storage usb 3.0 carries 38 Tb without slow motion handling on the z10pro.:)

vb47

EarthRod;​

Do you really need those posters?? Are you watching movies or looking at pictures??? That's far more than what it was designed for.
Use the regular player w/o those silly posters. Problem solved.

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
The Newer Zidoo Media boxes have a better faster chipset and are more developed and do so much more …….
The X10 Range are now circa 4 + years old now

So if you want more & support and do things faster and combatible with newer tech out Hdr10 , Dolby Vision and Auto Trailers etc

One must upgrade in this fast paced tech world we live.

the Z10 Pro be superseeded next year also 😬😬

D

Deleted member 293381

EarthRod;​

Do you really need those posters?? Are you watching movies or looking at pictures??? That's far more than what it was designed for.
Use the regular player w/o those silly posters. Problem solved.
Yes, to highlight and show off how sophisticated and easy it is to use once the poster wall is set up.

Home Theatre works very well with TV series (for example: Bones), not just the pretty pictures but the information on each and every episode.

Going over to the bog-standard regular player after using Home Theatre is like driving a 1959 Mini after driving an all-electric 2021 Tesla (as it were).

I have to use the regular player occasionally for documentaries on the WWII Lancaster, Blenheim IV, Spitfire etc.

D

Deleted member 293381

Concerning the newer models for instance the z10pro it is registered internal as 16 tb limit but there are cases with 18 tb without troubles. the ht 4.0 is a lot faster with the newer chip set. Internal 16 and another 16 tb is no problem. my orico storage usb 3.0 carries 38 Tb without slow motion handling on the z10pro.:)
So I can use the two 8TB hard drives I've already got, and supplement that with an additional usb 8TB external drive.

Good news - thanks.

D

Deleted member 293381

The Newer Zidoo Media boxes have a better faster chipset and are more developed and do so much more …….
The X10 Range are now circa 4 + years old now

So if you want more & support and do things faster and combatible with newer tech out Hdr10 , Dolby Vision and Auto Trailers etc

One must upgrade in this fast paced tech world we live.

the Z10 Pro be superseeded next year also 😬😬
Thanks for the info @DELUCAS.

I'll hang on to the good ol' X10 for now and await the new model next year. I can put up with the slow boot-up time of Home Theatre (I think!!).

... I am a retired ex-telecommunications engineer so very familiar with the 'fast paced' tech world we live in. I keep up-to-date.

All the best :hiya:

DELUCAS

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the info @DELUCAS.

I'll hang on to the good ol' X10 for now and await the new model next year. I can put up with the slow boot-up time of Home Theatre (I think!!).

... I am a retired ex-telecommunications engineer so very familiar with the 'fast paced' tech world we live in. I keep up-to-date.

All the best :hiya:
Still have the X10 sitting there ……..

but when i go see it working at someones house working i can see the struggles they have ……
maybe santa clause or black friday deals may tempt you sooner ? 😎😎

Sir QD oled

So I can use the two 8TB hard drives I've already got, and supplement that with an additional usb 8TB external drive.

Good news - thanks.
Sure no prob

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for June 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Triangle announces new wireless Borea Active bookshelf speakers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Cleer Audio announces Arc earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
iFi Audio launches new Go bar portable DAC/headphone amp