Zidoo UHD2000 Owners Thread

I would not touch that with a barge pole sent mine back after 5 days.
Why did you send it back, apart from the sub titles. What was the difference in picture quality and sound.

I read a review about the zidoo uhd2000 and the zappiti pro with all the upgrades. But can't find it now. Anyone know. Thanks

If that is the case. Then I will just send it back and get the zapitti pro.

If you sent your Zidoo back because a firmware has not been released for it yet !
and a few days later a beta update comes out will you then re-purchase the same player again ?

or wash your hands of it because you wanted a possible buggy firmware to frustrate you after instalation and cause even more headaches .

Just wish I could get this pesky HT v3 it just will not show it's face OTA for me. :(

Be patient it will get released soon and besides this player is slightly diff to other Zidoo players as such probably why the delay .

But wait for it to be an official tested firmware thats tried and tested .

People are to hasty to upload a beta firmware then realise its not what they want .

If you sent your Zidoo back because a firmware has not been released for it yet !
and a few days later a beta update comes out will you then re-purchase the same player again ?

or wash your hands of it because you wanted a possible buggy firmware to frustrate you after instalation and cause even more headaches .
No I wouldn't send it back because of that. Maybe send it back as the picture seems a bit to soft for me.

No I wouldn't send it back because of that. Maybe send it back as the picture seems a bit to soft for me.

Most of the time its due to your settings on your Zidoo or Tv
Just finding what settings give you the best results .

as always with new devices its setting it up right to get the most out of it
it took me a while to get it just how i wanted it for myself .

it took me years to get my Monitor looking right with all my devices connected to it .

and adding another device more headaches and tinkering .

Most time its the settings in the Zidoo are not set up correctly to match your tv screen .

Yes mine is just about perfect as can get on my Sony 65AF9 you must have something set wrong either on the Zidoo or your TV pal.

Yes mine is just about perfect as can get on my Sony 65AF9 you must have something set wrong either on the Zidoo or your TV pal.
The picture looks fine on my c8 tv. It's when it is connected to my jvc projector the picture is very soft. I will have a play about tonight. Se if I can make it better.

The picture looks fine on my c8 tv. It's when it is connected to my jvc projector the picture is very soft. I will have a play about tonight. Se if I can make it better.
If it looks fine on your C8 then your projector is to blame otherwise it would display the same issues on your C8 pal.

If it looks fine on your C8 then your projector is to blame otherwise it would display the same issues on your C8 pal.
It's not the projector as it is fine with oppo 203 and Panasonic 420. The zidoo is not as sharp as those players

It's not the projector as it is fine with oppo 203 and Panasonic 420. The zidoo is not as sharp as those players

But have you changed settings in the HDR settings ?

But have you changed settings in the HDR settings ?
All sorted. It was up scaling my blu-ray to 4k changed to 1080p and upped the brightness 1 click and contrast 2 clicks. On the zidoo and now looking similar to my Panasonic 420. I am now trying the 2 channel dac man that sounds excellent. You can connect it straight into a power amp, as long as you remember to lower the volume all the time. Thanks

All sorted. It was up scaling my blu-ray to 4k changed to 1080p and upped the brightness 1 click and contrast 2 clicks. On the zidoo and now looking similar to my Panasonic 420. I am now trying the 2 channel dac man that sounds excellent. You can connect it straight into a power amp, as long as you remember to lower the volume all the time. Thanks

Glad to hear
you have only had the player 1-2 weeks ?
you are still learning things at moment about how it works and every update brings along new functions to learn .
and know doubt H.T.v 3++
will bring along more issues that you need to resolve .

Thats what makes it fun in my books a Challenge to resolve or maybe im different . 😎

Just finished listening to a few albums. I think the zidoo uhd2000 is worth it just for the 2 channel dac. Absolutely brilliant sound.

The first uhd 4k that I have tried on this looks excellent. :thumbsup:

This is Beta so download at your on risk !!

I'm just refurbing the house at the moment and working out the various kit for my new TV room. I'm weighing up buying a Zidoo UHD2000 to store UHD blu-ray rips and had originally planned to buy a synology ds918+ NAS to host all the data.

I had a few questions I was hoping you could all help with.

1) As the Zidoo has built in storage, would anyone know if I would be able to: a) first buy some WD Red drives and pop them in the Zidoo for now, and then when I need more storage; b) be able to buy the synology NAS and just take out the WD drives from the Zidoo and pop them straight into the NAS?

Wondering if they would be the same format / able to read the same files when I switched the Red's between devices? Presumably I could just point the Zidoo to the new location when it appears on a NAS drive.

Just thinking this would save me the NAS outlay in the short term as could hold off until a third drive is needed.

2) It looks as though the LG C9 OLED I'm planning to pair this with uses HDR metadata and it looks as though the Zidoo provides this. Anyone here tried a Zidoo with an LG OLED and does it look good / benefit from the HDR correctly?

Also two questions that are more hard drive / WD Red related but hopefully someone might know:

3) If I buy a Book Duo and take out the drives, do I need to reformat them or can I pop them straight into the Zidoo / a NAS?

4) Are the drives in the Book Duo 5400 RPM? I'd heard despite the slower speed these were preferable for viewing devices as keeps the sound down? Presumably this doesn't sufficiently impact transfer rates etc?

I'll be ripping blu-rays using MakeMKV from a networked home desktop and everything will be connected up with CAT6 (well that's the plan anyway).

Also - a totally unrelated point, but was just looking at a WD Book Duo from the Western Digital website and for some reason the 24TB version is on at a bargain £450. I worked out the prices in the below table. I guess they must have a supply glut in the 24TB version right now or something as it's the same price as the 16GB. The pricespay website shows this down as usually costing £650 which would be in line with the pricing of other models below. Anyway, wasn't planning on buying the drives for a couple of months but decided to go ahead and scoop this up, thought I'd mention to others that might be interested.

TB££ / TB
28£582.99£20.82
24£452.99£18.87
20£619.99£31.00
16£451.99£28.25
12£387.99£32.33
8£322.99£40.37
6£239.99£40.00
4£219.99£55.00

14 TB WD Elements is now £199 in WD store.

14 TB WD Elements is now £199 in WD store.

On hard drives and NAS - having intensely geeked up on it yet only for a very limited time (so still totally out of my depth to be clear!), my take was that the WD Red discs were the NAS specific discs that are designed to be constantly powered and are more robust etc. These sell for £419 on the WD website for a 12TB version and these are the discs that are inside the WD Duo Play. So picking up a £450 Duo gets you two of these.

Nice new firmware released today v2.3.32 with new Home Theatre v3 poster wall.
Installed and looks lovely.

Nice new firmware released today v2.3.32 with new Home Theatre v3 poster wall.
Installed and looks lovely.

Was released 8 Days ago i posted above its the Exactly the same firmware .
just its as such been giving the go .

Hello, I just purchased UHD2000 Zidoo player and have been busy familiarizing myself with using it so I am a new user. I have been having issues with the poster wall. One of them is, as mentioned previously, is that with certain films, the application will end up creating A, B, and sometimes even more versions. It has done this for me, not only when 2 films have the same name but different years (e.g. The Magnificent Seven, Ben-Hur, The Cave, etc.), but also when there are 2 or more movies that should be in a collection but end up being listed as A,B, etc. A couple of examples are Jack Reacher (2012) and Jack Reacher - Never Go Back (2016) and also Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003) and Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004). In the case when movies should be in a collection, the A and B versions are different but there is now way to know which is which unless you start playing them. In cases where two movies have the same name but different years, the app just selects one for the poster and then creates an A and B version which are the same. It has been mentioned that you can go in and edit the media center to correct this but I don't understand how to do this. Could someone explain - what or where is the media center and how do you access it and edit it?

Was released 8 Days ago i posted above its the Exactly the same firmware .
just its as such been giving the go .
Hello,
As a new user of UHD2000 having some issues with the poster wall I am not sure how to install a firmware upgrade and am reluctant to try because I would not want the upgrade to undo everything I've already accomplished. What happens when you upgrade? Does everything you've done go away and you have to start all over again?

Hello again,

As previously mentioned, I am having a bunch of issues with the poster wall on my new Zidoo UHD2000. Here are some of the more distressing problems:
I have a number of TV series with multiple seasons and episodes. After renaming all of the files as suggested by Zidoo support, I was able to get everything set up really nicely with the exception of one series which is named 24. This series, ran for 9 seasons and is comprised of 24 episodes each except for the last season which has only 12. I have tried different ways to name the files - e.g. Twenty Four.S01E01.2001.1080p.12 00 a.m. - 1 00 a.m..mp4, 24.S02E01.2002.1080p.8 00 a.m. - 9 00 a.m..mp4,
24.S02E01.2002.1080p.mp4 but nothing works. The poster wall app just refuses to do anything with these files except list them in OTHERS without posters or anything else.
Another strange thing is that with 2 other series - THE NEWSROOM and also GOLIATH, the entire series was handled well except for 1 episode in each of the 2 series mentioned. I have checked and re-checked the file names and they are the same as the names that worked.
Finally, I have all of the STAR WARS films but the poster wall app just can't find poster information for them. I have used the same file naming convention as all the other films that worked and even converted some that were in BDMV folders into .iso files but again, nothing worked. I did have one Star Wars poster created which ended up being for Episode II but showed only Star Wars as the title. When trying to re-match that particular one, none of the Star Wars films could even be found. Seems very odd given that these were major releases. Can anyone offer any suggestions here?
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom