Zidoo UHD2000 Owners Thread

LOL One final try... Yes, as long as a rename of a movie is differentiated by year, Zidoo will present both movies even if they are the same name.

It would probably scan it as a/b versions, all you need to do is go in and edit to let the media center know that it's a different movie and wallah; you have two separated posters. :)

I know this because I just tried it with 2018 Godzilla vs 1998 Godzilla.
Well that never worked for me. To take the Cape Fear example my two films are named Cape Fear (1962) and Cape Fear (1991). It would only setup one of those movies and include A/B versions thinking they are the same thing regardless.

Works fine on Zappiti and Kodi with the two separate and accurate posters created. Haven’t owned a Zidoo for a year though, too much effort and issues.

Well that never worked for me. To take the Cape Fear example my two films are named Cape Fear (1962) and Cape Fear (1991). It would only setup one of those movies and include A/B versions thinking they are the same thing regardless.

Works fine on Zappiti and Kodi with the two separate and accurate posters created. Haven’t owned a Zidoo for a year though, too much effort and issues.

It works fine now. I just went in and corrected Godzilla. In my experience, the uhd2000 has been stable.

It works fine now. I just went in and corrected Godzilla. In my experience, the uhd2000 has been stable.
OK good to hear. I might try again when devices based around a newer chipset are released later this year. Previously there was no way to edit the A/B versions.

OK good to hear. I might try again when devices based around a newer chipset are released later this year. Previously there was no way to edit the A/B versions.

Im really just as supprised as anyone. Zidoo is on to something. The biggest thing is that they listen to customers about issues. Not all issues perse; but they seem to solve them frequently compared to other players.

I'm curious if you have an idea when Zidoo plans to release their new devices. I ask as i'am on the fence of purchasing the UHD2000 and hate to spend the money if a new device is around the corner.

I'm curious if you have an idea when Zidoo plans to release their new devices. I ask as i'am on the fence of purchasing the UHD2000 and hate to spend the money if a new device is around the corner.

That's a good question, but the only big things you stand to gain with a new Zidoo devices (Realtek RTD 1619) vs the current generation UHD2000 will be Dolby Vision and HDR 10+. However, a device can be Dolby Vision capable but wouldn't get any licenses so there is no point... And if Zidoo somehow managed to get licensed for Dolby vision, it has to be a miracle and that would reflect in the pricing.

As far as HDR+ goes, the UHD2000 should be able to play that format with an update... Mind you it's one of the only players on the market capable of providing accurate HDR metadata too.

So besides the Zidoo X, there are no other devices from Zidoo on the horizon as far as that goes... I just think the UHD2000 is the perfect choice for me.

Zidoo X seems to be a beast, however tell me if i'm wrong, is this more for the audiophile community?

Pretty much, and it will cost more than the uhd2000. We are probably looking at $1500-$2100 for the x probably.

The zidoo HTV.2 is upgraded too correct most issues but doesn't reach the level of the zappiti home theater (yet or never ?). There are still lots of missing posters (episodes) of tv shows and even for movies it isn't always up too date with details. Still mountains too climb :censored: but the zap is still miles ahead in that area but you know me that red curtain mess:D;)

The zidoo HTV.2 is upgraded too correct most issues but doesn't reach the level of the zappiti home theater (yet or never ?). There are still lots of missing posters (episodes) of tv shows and even for movies it isn't always up too date with details. Still mountains too climb :censored: but the zap is still miles ahead in that area but you know me that red curtain mess:D;)

How does the video quality compare between the Zappiti pro and Zidoo UHD2000

How does the video quality compare between the Zappiti pro and Zidoo UHD2000
They are equal seeing differences is subtle and biased ;) on that part there are no preferences.

Has their been any talks about when the UHD2000 will support HDR10+ content? Also is there much in the way of content that is HDR10+?

That's just big guess on our part because the format is open source, the 1296 supports metadata, and good enough to run HDR format currently.

There are missing posters, but you can go in and correct them painlessly? :) I really don't mind that I have to do because it's pretty fast due to the chip.

Also, the posters (quality) on the Zidoo and the layout I am in love with...

There are missing posters, but you can go in and correct them painlessly? :) I really don't mind that I have to do because it's pretty fast due to the chip.

Also, the posters (quality) on the Zidoo and the layout I am in love with...
Can’t agree with that. I’ve owned a Zidoo maybe ten times in the past between the Xs and Zs and I usually have to put aside 2 to 3 hours to correct the errors. The experience was so poor overall by comparison I just kept sending them back but living in hope following updates.

Some same name films were uncorrectable but you say that is now solved. With 1500 movies and 200 plus TV series I’d now have hours ahead of me. No question Zappiti and Kodi are more accurate and forgiving.

Can’t agree with that. I’ve owned a Zidoo maybe ten times in the past between the Xs and Zs and I usually have to put aside 2 to 3 hours to correct the errors. The experience was so poor overall by comparison I just kept sending them back but living in hope following updates.

Some same name films were uncorrectable but you say that is now solved. With 1500 movies and 200 plus TV series I’d now have hours ahead of me. No question Zappiti and Kodi are more accurate and forgiving.

I have 700 movies and about 50 tv series. I did the edits once and saved it. Didn't have to do it again... Ever. It took about 30mns.

I have 700 movies and about 50 tv series. I did the edits once and saved it. Didn't have to do it again... Ever. It took about 30mns.
I guess it will depend on quantum, type and naming. Simply Zappiti and Kodi take next to no correction, since my naming is good, but Zidoo takes much effort. Doesn’t like numbers or short names.

I guess it will depend on quantum, type and naming. Simply Zappiti and Kodi take next to no correction, since my naming is good, but Zidoo takes much effort. Doesn’t like numbers or short names.
If you use Filebot or something similar to name movie and serie files your good for 99% of the time. It isn't like in is early days that you have to spend hours of correcting files.:devil: On that part it works fine but on quality of movie and series episode posters especially the older ones (before 2000:eek::censored:) you can start crying

If you use Filebot or something similar to name movie and serie files your good for 99% of the time. It isn't like in is early days that you have to spend hours of correcting files.:devil: On that part it works fine but on quality of movie and series episode posters especially the older ones (before 2000:eek::censored:) you can start crying

Update to home-theater 2.0

Seems like almost all the issues have been resolved... The major gripe is Seamless branching now.

Hi Folks
Thinking of getting the UHD2000 very soon and was wondering is it like the Zapitti and on your hard drive you have to make 2 folders for MOVIES and TVSHOWS then put the content in them or will it just find your files from any folder on the hard drive ?

Hi Folks
Thinking of getting the UHD2000 very soon and was wondering is it like the Zapitti and on your hard drive you have to make 2 folders for MOVIES and TVSHOWS then put the content in them or will it just find your files from any folder on the hard drive ?

it will find any files be it Movies or Tv shows on a Hard Drive new firmware coming later .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom