Zidoo UHD2000 Owners Thread

Well approx a month into owning my UHD2000 and I am totally loving this player.
Over 400 films and 1300 TV box set episodes all perfect with posters complete.
Just a superb machine and superb picture and sound.

I now have 30 TB worth of full fat mkv rips from my BD/UHD collection thanks to Western Digital selling the 14 TB ones for £199. Got 4 of them. Using a pair as primary and another pair as a backup.

Hi Karl
do you know what you have watched in tv episodes on the zidoo

Hi Karl
do you know what you have watched in tv episodes on the zidoo
Not sure pal to be honest , still think they need to add that option.

Hmm, quite a different experience than mine. At least I am not alone as there is ample reportage of HT3 TV series scraping problems on the z9s Zidoo Forum, beginning on June 11. They mention one of the same issues that created a major headache for me: The scraper used tmdb instead of tvdb, causing multiple errors.

I now have 30 TB worth of full fat mkv rips from my BD/UHD collection thanks to Western Digital selling the 14 TB ones for £199. Got 4 of them. Using a pair as primary and another pair as a backup.

Smart guy... It takes me about 45 minutes to rip from Bluray to ISO. Imagine loosing all that and having to start over again. That's when you do the math... :)

Does this player support gapless playback of music?

TrondB, Ideally someone who owns a UHD2000 could respond to your question and give a definitive answer but meanwhile as far as I can tell from the community forum discussions on the Zidoo website the Zidoo Music program currently included with the latest firmware for the UHD2000 does not support gapless playback of music files. This would match my experience with my Zidoo Z9S, which is running the latest firmware released by Zidoo, on which the Zidoo Music program definately does not support gapless playback of music files even though this has been a reported shortcoming of Zidoo's Music program for many years. I gave up waiting for Zidoo to provide this feature some time ago and am now using a different platform for music playback.
Thread on the Zidoo community forum including a mention of this (missing) feature:

--
JB

I am waiting for my UHD2000 to be delivered on Monday, in anticipation of that, I am hoping to get some advice from others who have their players setup. The media player is going in a rack in a dedicated media room, I am using an Arcam AV950 receiver and a JVCX700 projector. Can anyone recommend the best way to hook the media player up and the best settings in the player? Thanks in advance.

I'm a lucky owner of this player. Buyed directly from Zidoo Shop and is loaded with 2x 12TB Seagate Ironwolf HDs. I'm very satisfied with it, despite the Seagate Hds are very noisy, but have some questions:

- How do I make a poster of a movie? The re-match function did not found nothing on some movies that I had.

- Is there a way to rename the albums on music player?

I'm a lucky owner of this player. Buyed directly from Zidoo Shop and is loaded with 2x 12TB Seagate Ironwolf HDs. I'm very satisfied with it, despite the Seagate Hds are very noisy, but have some questions:

- How do I make a poster of a movie? The re-match function did not found nothing on some movies that I had.

- Is there a way to rename the albums on music player?
Just long press on poster and and it should sort it. But if not try and rename it and it should work.

Random question - I have had the UHD2000 for a few months (has been really great btw) but a few films on my poster wall have a padlock sign in the bottom corner. Any idea what this means and, presuming it restricts something (?), how do I turn it off? Thanks for any help

Random question - I have had the UHD2000 for a few months (has been really great btw) but a few films on my poster wall have a padlock sign in the bottom corner. Any idea what this means and, presuming it restricts something (?), how do I turn it off? Thanks for any help
You shouldn't be watching those films :D

looks like Parental lock settings ?
change them .

I hope the forum can help. I have a UHD2000 with a 10TB HDD. I can see the share on my windows 10PC but I can;t access the share, it says

1598837258182.png

Can anyone please give detailed instructions on how to set the share up?

Hi @mullsey , I would suggest asking this on the zidoo.tv forum which I've found very useful and prompt in terms of help. I'm afraid I use a NAS so can't help you otherwise, but good luck!

Hello , may someone please tell me the different between uhd 2000 and z1000 Pro (the new one ) ?till now I d´ont know which one should I buy .

Thank you in Advance

Hello , may someone please tell me the different between uhd 2000 and z1000 Pro (the new one ) ?till now I d´ont know which one should I buy .

Thank you in Advance
A lot of differences between them, the UHD2000 is labeled as High-End because of these specs:

Linear PSU
2 HHD bays
Better DAC
XLR outputs
HDMI audio only
Gapless playback

And don´t forget the SoC: RTD1296 for UHD2000 and RTD1619 for Z1000 Pro

Regards.

Thank you in Advance
If you aren't an audiophile choose the Z1000 pro newer product , better chip and more possibilities like hdr10+ and in some cases DV playback.

Thank you both for the Answers , yes actually am not an audiophile , so I choose the new one Z1000 Pro

I was interested in the x20 pro and maybe the UHD2000

Does anyone know if they can handle 16TB, 18TB hard drives ? also if the WD 24TB Duo (2 12tb) will work ?

Is there any benefits of the X20 Pro ?

I was interested in the x20 pro and maybe the UHD2000

Does anyone know if they can handle 16TB, 18TB hard drives ? also if the WD 24TB Duo (2 12tb) will work ?

Is there any benefits of the X20 Pro ?
Works with hard drives no prob there x20 pro and UHD 2000 are similar media players 2000 was the follow up with modern design. I should go with z 3000 newer chip , faster and cheaper ;)

Do you know for sure that it would work with 18tb drives and also the WD 24TB Duo ?

Please let me know. Yes I see the z3000 on their site. Looks good

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom