Zidoo UHD2000 Owners Thread

Hello,
As a new user of UHD2000 having some issues with the poster wall I am not sure how to install a firmware upgrade and am reluctant to try because I would not want the upgrade to undo everything I've already accomplished. What happens when you upgrade? Does everything you've done go away and you have to start all over again?

My advice its new so take a step back as just familrise yourself with the unit and how it runs and get it set up right and learn how to get Poster wall sorted first with your movies etc ......

Firmware update if done wrong or an issue occurs could render your unit useless .

Update yes it adds more function etc but just read about it first so you feel confident .

its basically straight forward once you have done it once .
get your unit running up for a while and yes later on do an update .

Read my Z10 Thread you may learn some tips to .

Thanks, I think I will hold off on update for now. Not even sure yet what firmware version I am running and there are too many other issues I need to resolve first.

Thanks, I think I will hold off on update for now. Not even sure yet what firmware version I am running and there are too many other issues I need to resolve first.

To add a movie to a Movie collection long click on Movie poster and scroll down to add to collection etc

I have been having issues with the poster wall. One of them is, as mentioned previously, is that with certain films, the application will end up creating A, B, and sometimes even more versions.
I haven’t used a Zidoo in over 18 months now but I’d read that these issues had been solved. It was always a significant issue for me in the past e.g. it would create A and B versions of Cape Fear rather than recognising it was two different films. Zappiti, Dune and Kodi were smart enough to identify them properly. It affected a dozen or more titles for me and in general the wall took too much time to correct due to various errors in identification. I was going to look at the new high end Zidoo player when that is released but if the media centre still has these issues I won’t bother.

Thanks, didn't know I could do it that way. I've been getting that done but probably the long way - going to the poster then MENU, etc.. My biggest movie issue right now is that the poster wall app is not handling my Star Wars collection. You can see my post for details.

Thanks, didn't know I could do it that way. I've been getting that done but probably the long way - going to the poster then MENU, etc.. My biggest movie issue right now is that the poster wall app is not handling my Star Wars collection. You can see my post for details.

Most if not all Movie sorting is now sorted .
its a new Machine and you just gotta learn how to do things and get your head round on how it is done .

Patients and reading and you get there .

Its like anything you buy new .

Patients and reading and you get there .

Its like anything you buy new .
Well in the recent past that was not true of Zidoo. I could get my movie wall 100% correct in Zappiti, Dune and Kodi but not Zidoo. I was hoping after this time that basic errors like the OP has highlighted had been solved.

Im sure if he purchased any Media box he would be asking how to do things as well .
There all a learning curve .

some people new to these boxes struggle and some its a breeze .

If i purcahsed a zapitti or a Dune id be confused or how to questions also .

Im sure if he purchased any Media box he would be asking how to do things as well .
There all a learning curve .

some people new to these boxes struggle and some its a breeze .

If i purcahsed a zapitti or a Dune id be confused or how to questions also .
Yes of course, that’s obvious.

The point is that some errors in the Zidoo identification process were undefeatable to me, such as the A/B versions on films of the same title. If it doesn’t work properly, it doesn’t work properly. No amount of patience or reading will magically solve that.

You can unmatch A/ B Movies if you wish
its been sorted .

No reading Required .

You can unmatch A/ B Movies if you wish
its been sorted .

No reading Required .
OK that’s reassuring to hear that this specific A/B problem has now been solved. I’d read somebody else say that it had. The OP just needs to persevere then.

A lot has been resolved and as you said 18 months since you last had one things have moved on since .
More options and how to do things correctly .

and as the op has just purchased this player its all new to him .

Great. Perhaps some kind soul will post the specific instructions on how to uncouple A/B versions and help the guy out. :)

Great. Perhaps some kind soul will post the specific instructions on how to uncouple A/B versions and help the guy out. :)

Been to busy answering your questions to ........ ;)

I have to admit that this current firmware make the UHD2000 the king of Media players at this moment. The pic quality is perfect, sound quality is perfect, and they finally addressed the seamless branching issue. At this point, no one in their right mind will buy the Zappiti Pro over the Zidoo... Zidoo won this round.

I have to admit that this current firmware make the UHD2000 the king of Media players at this moment. The pic quality is perfect, sound quality is perfect, and they finally addressed the seamless branching issue. At this point, no one in their right mind will buy the Zappiti Pro over the Zidoo... Zidoo won this round.

You come across as if you are employed by Zidoo!

You come across as if you are employed by Zidoo!

Haha... I apologize for that! I just care a lot about quality and cinima in general... In this day and age, everything is going digital and not for the right reasons in some cases. I just hope we have companies making high quality media players 10yrs from now.

In all seriousness (as you saw in my review), I have both the zappiti and the Zidoo. I will buy another Zappiti as soon as they release one with a newer chip. My comments are more of a fan boy (of both companies) comparing two brands, and if Zappiti drops a player better than the UHD2000, I will be all over it too.

If we don't have people like us reviewing and comparing media players, what will force these companies strive to make better players? I specifically brought up the pro because that's a direct competition the UHD2000.

I am very happy with the zidoo uhd2000 the new firmware makes it that bit better again. Love the new poster wall.

Hi everyone. I’m thinking about getting the UHD2000 (or perhaps the Zappity Pro 4K HDR).

My big question is - are there issues playing 3D movies? I have .iso files of about 400 3D movies (300 of these are complete disc clone/burns, 100 are half disc isos or main movie ISOs). Will I have issues playing ANY of these type to my LG Oled 3D TV?

(I also have these converted separately to .mkv files SBS for my VR headset but I’m hoping I don’t have to use these lower quality SBS vids on my TV).

The jury is still out for me. Received the UHD2000 last week and love the new HT3.0.45. Also have had the Zappiti Pro HDR since last year. Initial comparisons during setup of the Zidoo:
  • Errors Finding TV show files/ posters. The UHD2000 did a decent job identifying the 400+ movie files on my server, although some needed manual corrections. Not as good as the Zappiti, but OK. However, when matching TV shows, the UHD2000 doesn’t hold a candle to Zappiti, at least with respect to the shows in my collection. Examples: The Mars TV series, Season 1 has six episodes, yet, the Zidoo did not find Episode 1. This episode was not even listed under Unidentified or anywhere else…it was simply missing. Finally went to Sources>TV Series>Mars and found Episode 1 listed without any poster. Did a Rematch in this mode and finally corrected the error. What a PITA! Another example is the Andromeda TV series. The UHD2000 put every season and episode in the Unmatched bin in spite of the fact all the files were named correctly. And so on….
  • Poor Owner’s Manual. It is useless! If you are not familiar with Zidoo, you will have to spend a good deal of time figuring out everything on your own. Of course, some people may enjoy this phase. In comparison, the Zappiti is nicely documented and there’s an extensive Knowledge Base on their website that answers just about anything you may ever need to know.
All this having been said, I find myself preferring the UHD2000 at the moment now that everything is setup. Time will tell the tale.

Hi everyone. I’m thinking about getting the UHD2000 (or perhaps the Zappity Pro 4K HDR).

My big question is - are there issues playing 3D movies? I have .iso files of about 400 3D movies (300 of these are complete disc clone/burns, 100 are half disc isos or main movie ISOs). Will I have issues playing ANY of these type to my LG Oled 3D TV?

(I also have these converted separately to .mkv files SBS for my VR headset but I’m hoping I don’t have to use these lower quality SBS vids on my TV).

Someone posted on the zidoo forum that 3d ISO files had seamless branching issues that has not been fixed yet compared to 2d. If you rip these movies to MKV 3d, you should be fine.

The jury is still out for me. Received the UHD2000 last week and love the new HT3.0.45. Also have had the Zappiti Pro HDR since last year. Initial comparisons during setup of the Zidoo:
  • Errors Finding TV show files/ posters. The UHD2000 did a decent job identifying the 400+ movie files on my server, although some needed manual corrections. Not as good as the Zappiti, but OK. However, when matching TV shows, the UHD2000 doesn’t hold a candle to Zappiti, at least with respect to the shows in my collection. Examples: The Mars TV series, Season 1 has six episodes, yet, the Zidoo did not find Episode 1. This episode was not even listed under Unidentified or anywhere else…it was simply missing. Finally went to Sources>TV Series>Mars and found Episode 1 listed without any poster. Did a Rematch in this mode and finally corrected the error. What a PITA! Another example is the Andromeda TV series. The UHD2000 put every season and episode in the Unmatched bin in spite of the fact all the files were named correctly. And so on….
  • Poor Owner’s Manual. It is useless! If you are not familiar with Zidoo, you will have to spend a good deal of time figuring out everything on your own. Of course, some people may enjoy this phase. In comparison, the Zappiti is nicely documented and there’s an extensive Knowledge Base on their website that answers just about anything you may ever need to know.
All this having been said, I find myself preferring the UHD2000 at the moment now that everything is setup. Time will tell the tale.

Fair enough... It took me a while to correct my collections a while back, but backed up my posters from that point on in case I need to restore. Restoring the posters takes less than 15 seconds.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom