Zidoo UHD2000 Owners Thread

Do you know for sure that it would work with 18tb drives and also the WD 24TB Duo ?

Please let me know. Yes I see the z3000 on their site. Looks good
18 TB for sure 24 Tb did not test but it's a double plate if you connect with usb and not strip the case problem solved 😉

yes the WD 20,24,28TB Duos have 2 drives in them that can be used as 1 large drive

If those work, that would be great because of the amount of space

WD just came out with 18TB external but the WD Duo have more space in total

yes the WD 20,24,28TB Duos have 2 drives in them that can be used as 1 large drive

If those work, that would be great because of the amount of space

WD just came out with 18TB external but the WD Duo have more space in total
If those work I cannot confirm maybe somebody else but those drives are very expensive and close to the price of the player itself 💰

Yes I hope someone has tried them. That is the only way to use large drives. If the 18TB works, that is also good but the best case is to have the WD Duo's work

Thread tidied and 55rr66 permanently banned. Apologies to those who submitted genuine content (at least at first), but it was clear that everything associated with that individual had to be removed.

Thanks

Hi all - I have the Zidoo UHD2000 playing my backed up discs which are stored on a Synology NAS and connected via Cat5.

After months of good use, in the last couple days the playback freezes after 2-10 mins of watching. I've tried turning off the Zidoo, my NAS and router and rebooting everything, but the problem persists. I haven't made any changes vs previous trouble-free use. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

Hi all - I have the Zidoo UHD2000 playing my backed up discs which are stored on a Synology NAS and connected via Cat5.

After months of good use, in the last couple days the playback freezes after 2-10 mins of watching. I've tried turning off the Zidoo, my NAS and router and rebooting everything, but the problem persists. I haven't made any changes vs previous trouble-free use. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

FIXED - just a quick update - it turned out the NAS had an IP conflict with my printer, so I have moved the NAS to a different IP address and problem is solved. Wanted to post a reply in case anyone else encounters this problem. The NAS flagged an IP conflict in the Synology software, then a free phone app called Fing was good at identifying the IP address of the printer being the same, once I changed the NAS IP address.

Separately - the 12Gb WD My Book is currently on sale on Amazon at £213. This has a WD Red Nas drive inside that retails for £350.99 on the WD website. I think they are discontinuing these models as the My Book range on the WD website now only goes up to 8Gb. There's an easy Youtube video showing how you can easily take out the drive, and this is how I have bought all my NAS RED drives, works perfectly.
Thanks for the info about the My Book prices currently at Amazon.
Could you please check with Amazon that the My Book single drive does actually contain a WD Red drive.
The reason I ask is that I always buy the WD My Book Duo's 28TB version which indeed do contain the WD Red drives.
Here is a screenshot from Amazon clearly stating WD Quality drive in the single and RED's in the Duo.
IMG_20210401_122020 (Large).jpg

Could you please check with Amazon that the My Book single drive does actually contain a WD Red drive.
The reason I ask is that I always buy the WD My Book Duo's 28TB version which indeed do contain the WD Red drives.
Here is a screenshot from Amazon clearly stating WD Quality drive in the single and RED's in the Duo.
View attachment 1486654
No wd red drive there just a plain wd drive

View attachment 1486654
Yep, good spot - I had bought the Duo previously (so have 2 x 12TB REDs in my NAS) and was adding a third disk. This is a WD120EDAZ drive, whatever that is, and the label is black.

I'll keep it and see how I get on with it (I'm not doing enterprise computing so doubt it will get too stressed) + can't be bothered to return it for a third RED!

Yep, good spot - I had bought the Duo previously (so have 2 x 12TB REDs in my NAS) and was adding a third disk. This is a WD120EDAZ drive, whatever that is, and the label is black.

I'll keep it and see how I get on with it (I'm not doing enterprise computing so doubt it will get too stressed) + can't be bothered to return it for a third RED!
Might be a good idea to edit your post buddy to save any confusion.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom