ZHITING V9 Satellite Finder Astra 28.2e

rustynewbery

Novice Member
O.K. New to the forums. The unit is also known as iBravebox.

I live on a narrowboat cruising the system, so need to realign my dish regularly when I have good line of sight to the sky. This Satellite Finder doesn't have the set up details for Astra 28.2e and my upgraded Manhattan SX Freesat box won't play in setup mode like the previous one.[I could rotate the dish either side of the 28.2e and fine tune tune the signal as it would sit in setup mode forever!]

I tried to ADD the said details as a new satellite but no joy. If I use the Astra 1c configuration already in the list of satellites, BINGO! I get 98% strength and 87% quality.

So the details I tried were: LNB Universal 9750-1060; DiSEq1.0 and 1.1 disabled and LNB AUTO. It is a single LNB on a regular Sky UK home dish. Azimuth and Skew are locked and good enough for my needs.

Perhaps I'm lucky to have directed the dish using a compass but I'd rather be more correct. Incidentally, I did get all the 1c programmes using a blind scan into the finder.

Appreciate any advice

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Are you sure there's nothing listed for Astra 28.2 E if you scroll down the satellite listings?
(Apparently these meters are initially set to German and the Astra 19.2 satellite cos they sell most there).

You'll maybe need to move of the base listed transponder to a known, useful/in-service one, once you've found / selected Astra 28.2?

You Tube shows a similar meter setup if you search for
How To Setup Edision Multi-Finder For Astra 2 Satellite

I just use a compass and my Foxsat-HDR diagnostic meter to fine tune my dish when caravanning (although that also times out after a bit).

If you've just bought it via the internet and it doesn;t have 28.2 you got the wrong meter! AFAIK plenty should have it in already.

rustynewbery

Novice Member
Deffo not in the satellite list and the manual is in English and Deutsch. Will persevere for a while. I've got until 23rd September to return it. Meanwhile will check out other units

dmpoole

Deffo not in the satellite list and the manual is in English and Deutsch. Will persevere for a while. I've got until 23rd September to return it. Meanwhile will check out other units

Get one like the one I posted, no guesswork because you're looking at a visual channel that's playing.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
That Brightstar model Channel Editor Tool software seems to be a 'paid for' option. Which is a shame.

Beware the 6906 is SD only DVB-S only... so perhaps not quite as useful as the one you currently have. If you could make it work / store 28.2 E and a few select transponders on it without need of a paid for editor.

The linked meter also seems to ship from China, but is available elsewhere?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom