Question ZF9 vs AF9

veearrsix

Novice Member
I've been researching a new TV purchase and am struggling to decide between these 2 TV's, more specifically a 75zf9 vs 65af9.

My current TV is a 2014 Sony KDL55w829 and it has always bugged me that I didn't get the next size up. My viewing room isn't huge, but would definitely support a larger model. Viewing habits are mainly Sky and streaming services with no gaming to talk of. I started looking at an upgrade when I saw a deal on a 65" Philips and as is always the case I have escalated from a budget deal to looking at the higher end models that are on offer. I have ruled out LG and Samsung as I think I would like an AndroidTV model, which leaves Philips which I haven't fully ruled out, but I have always liked Sony, so am concentrating on those.

I've watched a few reviews on both of these models and they both have there pro's and con's, but I'm left leaning towards the 65af9, but I am having that same nagging feeling about whether I should go for the larger TV?? So thoughts/opinions as too which one, given the choice, would you go for?

Also, just to throw into the mix the 75xg9505, is this going to be better than the zf9? The reviews I watched seemed to suggest they are pretty much identical, so is the newer model (albeit supposedly and inferior model) be a better bet?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom