Zero signal quality on some channels

Wharfebank

Standard Member
Reaction score
Any ideas?

Having watched Freeview quite happily via a BT Vision box into an analogue TV, I've now installed a LG 26LG3000, LCD HD TV.

All channels are fine except Sky 3; Dave; SmileTV; Sky News & SkySports News (both via the BT Vision box & the RF loop thru on the TV). These show as having 0 (zero) signal quality - although with 35-50% signal strength (in common with all the other channels).

Signal quality on other channels varies from 45-100%.

Interestingly, plugging the aerial lead directly into the TV and all's well!

Presumably the two devices (BT box & TV) are draining the signal too much in some way?

Any suggested solutions gratefully received!

Thanks for the quick response, Scribbler1.

I had wondered if it could be that, but then realised that the RF output on the BT Vision box is actually switched off - it feeds live TV through the HDMI link, just like the recorded/streamed stuff.

Are you sure it's actually off? Just because you're not using it doesn't mean it's not there - or not generating an unmodulated signal that gets in the way.

Thanks again for your response.

Yes - RF output is off (assuming menu works correctly!).

As it happens, all channels are working properly this morning - signal quality around 45% on those previously at zero.

Think I may have a dodgy co-ax downlead outside (weather's fine this morning after yesterday's snow). Or else there was just a problem with a particular MUX?

Could be - each mux has its own transmitter and aerial.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom