Zero Dark Thirty

The Snake

Ex Member
Reaction score
First bin Laden Assassination Movie Officially Goes Into Production | Death and Taxes

Quote; 'Unlike Disney, however, which moved swiftly to cash in on the opportunity of bin Laden's death with a SEAL Team 6 trademark application two days after his assassination, Bigelow had actually been at work on the movie long before bin Laden was killed.'

I can't believe Disney trademarked Seal Team 6:rotfl:.

What are the odds Morgan Freeman will be in the movie?.

What are the odds Morgan Freeman will be in the movie?.

I would probably think that they would have difficulty getting any well known main stream actors to play the role given what Bin Laden has represented.

Morgan has recently played an iconic character in Mandela, can't really see him accepting the role of the world's most hated ex-terrorist.

Morgan has recently played an iconic character in Mandela, can't really see him accepting the role of the world's most hated ex-terrorist.

i dont think the op is saying Morgan would be up for the lead role as Bin Laden, most likely playing a US military man in command

....or Hillary Clinton.

...and I vote for Ben Kingsley as Bin Laden.

Rowan Aktinson has been cast to play Bin Laden

images

I could see Jason Statham playing OBL, he's very versatile :D

If they're going to be depicting the actual navy seal sequence of events that leads right up to his death, then it might be best if Bin Laden didn't feature in the film hardly at all. The chances are he was probably doing something mundane that we can all relate to when they broke into his compound, rather than masterminding his next attack. The last thing they'd want to do is humanise him in some way.

If they're going to be depicting the actual navy seal sequence of events that leads right up to his death, then it might be best if Bin Laden didn't feature in the film hardly at all. The chances are he was probably doing something mundane that we can all relate to when they broke into his compound, rather than masterminding his next attack. The last thing they'd want to do is humanise him in some way.

I believe to alleviate this situation and for Hollywood to typically over dramatise the build up of the film, including the navy seal sequences the film will include the statement "Based on actual events" around the opening credits... :D

Im assuming there will be atleast 10 different versions of this movie? each one representing one of the 10 different 'official' statements released after the main event:D

Love to see what Disney would do with a Bin Laden movie?

Im assuming this will be filed under fictional, as the whole "assassination" imho was a hoax. Cia agent Berkan Yashar has said on Russian TV (strangely not picked up on mainstream western media) that he died in 2006 from illness, and the whole things a hoax, former deputy secretary of state Dr Steve Pieczenik has said Bin Laden died years ago from Malfuns disease, and its a hoax. The US government have shown absolutely no concrete proof they assassinated him in 2011 - no body, no independent autopsy, no video footage of the raid.., and 2007 videos with changed background trotted out as 2010 videos, and some old bloke who doesnt look like OBL watching himself on tv - ridiculous; a sea burial even though he didnt die at sea is just a way of not showing a body they dont have, and even if they had his bones, dont want autopsied - independent comparison of the old mans ears from the video allegedly found at the compound has shown they are very different shape from the 2001 confirmed Bin Laden videos. After the WMD lies, how any body believes this story is true is beyond me. One also wonders if they will skip his early years as CIA asset 'Tim Osman'. This movie will be a sham.

Last edited:
^ :rotfl:

Sorry, I just don't believe in any conspiracy theories because I don't believe people are smart enough or able to keep secrets. I can't even be bothered to Google any of what you've just said as it will more than likely just reinforce that belief even more.

DG83, until they show firm proof, the US account of the assassination is a conspiracy theory (or just a conspiracy)

Last edited:
^ :rotfl:

Sorry, I just don't believe in any conspiracy theories because I don't believe people are smart enough or able to keep secrets. I can't even be bothered to Google any of what you've just said as it will more than likely just reinforce that belief even more.

you dont have to believe in conspiracy theories-but on how many occasions do we get an 'official' statement from the various spokesman or representatives of the US government or army personnel only for the story to change numerous times and once the full facts are released, well....

We've seen what Hollywood did with Enigma and 'Churchill-the hollywood years':D

you dont have to believe in conspiracy theories-but on how many occasions do we get an 'official' statement from the various spokesman or representatives of the US government or army personnel only for the story to change numerous times and once the full facts are released, well....

We've seen what Hollywood did with Enigma and 'Churchill-the hollywood years':D

I think there are a lot of questions surrounding the actual moment when Osama Bin Laden was shot, the rules of engagement, the ethical and legal issues. We have not been given the full picture, however I would not class that as a conspiracy on the scale that TranceFan is on about which to me seems rediculous. Having said that, I'd quite like to watch that film... sounds entertaining.

Hi,

Love to see what Disney would do with a Bin Laden movie?

It'd probably go something like this:

"Here was a man: an ordinary man. A family man. With two loving children, and a dutiful wife, the world lay at his feet. Until one day, he masterminded the world's worst case of terrorism. Now this man is wanted, by everyone, and he'll stop at nothing to escape. Now, in cinemas this October, comes Disney's latest animated epic, about one man's attempt to change the world forever. Osama. You'll love him, whether you want to or not." :rotfl:

Pooch

Joel Edgerton (The Thing 2011) has officially signed on to star in Kathryn Bigelow's untitled Bin Laden thriller.
Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) & Jason Clarke (Brotherhood) were also added to the cast.

Jessica Chastain, Mark Strong, and Édgar Ramirez are reportedly in talks

The film has a working title ZERO DARK THIRTY. The title is a military term for a very early starting time.

Production ran into trouble in India.
They’re using the predominantly Hindu city of Chandigarh as a stand-in for Pakistan, and members of the right wing Vishwa Hindu Parishad group are none too happy about it. Protesters stormed the set earlier today and voiced their displeasure that their country is being used as a double for their sworn enemy. Nothing has been shut down production-wise and they will continue to film.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom