Zero 7 and 10000 HZ Legend

Brogan

Novice Member
Anyone heard any of their albums?

I'm thinking of getting Simple Things and Air.
Are they the kind of thing you can listen to over and over or do they get a bit boring after a while?

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by Brogan

Are they the kind of thing you can listen to over and over or do they get a bit boring after a while?
Think you might be a bit mixed up. Air is the band 10000Hz is the album. Its not the best one I would get Moon Safari, its a great album. Followed by Premiere Symptomes. Moon Safari is a classic album, if you like this stuff try Daft Punk and M83 (thats bands not albums);)

Brogan

Novice Member
Thanks for that - I must admit I was having a hard time working it out from the HMV site...:blush:

Brogan

Novice Member
What I'm looking for is real chill out music.
What put me on to Zero 7 is a track on the Cafe Del Mar album and a track of theirs was played on one of the music channels the other night.

Had a listen to Moon Safari - sounds good but a few of the tracks are a little bit upbeat, if you get my drift.
I'm going to get it though and probably 10000Hz as there are a few tracks on there I like the sound of too.

Thanks for the heads up on the other artists - I'll check them out.

Vection

Standard Member
I've got Simple things by Zero 7. Excellent album. Im going to investigate all of their other stuff on the strength of that album.
Some of the tracks are very laid back and its a great album to pop on and relax to after a hard day.

Brogan

Novice Member
Thanks guys.
Lots of suggestions there and more than enough to be getting on with.
HMV are doing 3 for £20 on their web site and a lot of these albums qualify so very cheap buys.

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Premiere Symptomes is a better chill out album than 10000hz legend IMHO (although it is very short). You might also want to consider the OST for "The Virgin Suicides" which was done by Air as well- it is a bloody good album.

Brogan

Novice Member
Well I've just ordered Simple Things, Moon Safari and one by Morcheeba (best of I think).
That should keep me busy for a week or two and give me an idea of what it is I like best.
Total price including postage was £21.60 from HMV.co.uk so about £7 per CD which is not too bad.

Thanks again for all the suggestions guys. :smashin:

CrispyXUK

Originally posted by Brogan

You MUST get these albums!

Zero 7 - Simple things
Massive Attack - Blue Lines
Massive Attack - Protection (not as good as BL)
Massive Attack - Mezzanine ("listen at night really load! it is the closest thing you will ever get to euphoria" - some magazine quote :))
Portishead - Dummy
Radiohead - Kid A (Amazing)
Madonna - Ray of Light
Groove Armada - Vertigo (SACD availale)
Ian Brown - Music of the Shperes
Primal Scream - Screamadelica
1 Giant leap - 1 Giant Leap
Air - Moon Safar
Morcheeba - Big Calm
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing

Hope this helps, there are more if you look for them