1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zen Touch MP3 player - synchronising

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by dillspooch, Aug 25, 2005.

1. dillspooch

dillspooch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting a Zen Touch 20Gb.
    I've never had an MP3 player before so know very little about them.

My music collection is all WMA format.

Questions:
    1) Will I be able to play WMA variable bit rate files ok?
    2) Can I use Windows Media Player to synchronise my music folder with the Zen, or do I have to use some other software?
    3) I've read that the Zen does not show up as a drive letter in Windows Explorer, but appears as another icon under My Computer. In practical terms does this matter, or make a difference?

Thanks for any advice!
    Mike

2. dillspooch

dillspooch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found out the answer to 2) (which is Yes, it can be used with WMP to sync), so it just 1) and 3) i'm not sure about.

One further question - I read on the Creative site that it includes a uninversal power adapter. Is this a kit for plugging it into power sockets in the uk, europe and the US? (I'd like to use it on holiday).

Thanks.

3. DaveA

DaveA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll be fine. Zen comes with some decent software, and plays plenty of formats. Enjoy.

4. alike

alike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if i were you id get a zen sleek - its alot smaller

5. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the Touch does appear under a different icon when using a bundled program called Nomad Explorer - like a limited drag 'n' drop style Windows Explorer. And yes, it syncs with WMP10 (I think there's also a sync function in MediaSource, its own software, though I never used it). Variable bitrate files give you the usual problems a lot of players have: unreliable track timing being the main one ...