Zen Micro headphone jack problems

N

nickstylus

Hello

i realise that there is most likely a hundred of these threads already on this site, but i can't find them.

in the last two weeks the headphone socket has started to cut out certain frequencies(?) when there is any slight pressure put on the connector. Aparently this is a common problem yet i was wondering whether the creative guys will fix this or just replace it (i believe it is still under waranty).

your advice would be much appreciated.

I know if you buy it from currys they will just swap it over..

That happened to my first one after 3months use.

I took my Z.Micro into Currys they swopped it for another or said I could exchange it for something else.

same happened to my muvo, but i did drop it a bunch of times and the wire got pulled and now the jack is ripped off......
i tryed gluing it but didnt work, now i have a usb drive

Thanx for the advice................. unfortunately i live in Australia and i have no idea what Curry's is. (to be honest i thought you were refering to Indians).

This happened to my player after the year's warranty had already expired.

Creative want something like £85 to repair the unit, which isn't actually a repair they just send you a refurb instead. :nono:

I won't be bothering with another unit from them, I'm going to look elsewhere as their response (or should I say lack of official response) has been quite appalling. I'm amazed that my unit lasted so long before developing a problem, this was probably because I used a remote with it and left that almost permanently connected.

mine went abot a month before the warranty ran out - told Creative, they said send it back and they replaced it. replaced one has behaved so far.

Donnacha

Donnacha said:
mine went abot a month before the warranty ran out - told Creative, they said send it back and they replaced it. replaced one has behaved so far.

Donnacha

Which is what you would hope they'd do seeing as your unit was within warranty.

Sadly those of us whose warranty has expired are left in a bit of a pickle. We have a device that we strongly suspect has an inherent design flaw/weakness in which case Creative should replace *any* that exhibit the fault regardless of the warranty status.

Hey guys,

If like mine the warranty has long expired and you don't mind having a go at it yourself check this link out.

http://home.comcast.net/~mercx/

Tutorial written by: MercX (Ernesto Perez)
[email protected]
April 30, 2005

I managed to fix it without any previous soldering experience. Works a treat now with no other problems to report.

JJ

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom