Zelda Twilight Princess HD (4 March 2016)

-Gonzo-

Distinguished Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449518765.659461.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449518875.042116.jpg

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
Special edition up for preorder on amazon, listed only a couple of quid more than the regular edition so I've gone for it. Will be my first (and probably last) amiibo!

gingerone

So who is looking forward to this? I wasn't really interested at first but now I'm thinking it's going to have to be a purchase, I didn't complete it on the Wii and I'm in a full on Zelda mode at the moment

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
I'm looking forward to it! I really enjoyed the Wii game. Despite the pelters it took from people online I thought it was really good. Hopefully the HD graphics will be a big improvement as I remember some of the darker scenes were just a bit too dark. I enjoyed the wolf mechanics and the buddy (Idna? Can't remember her name...) was quite interesting. I really enjoyed both of the Wii Zelda titles, especially when I figured out how to fly the dragon thing in Skyward Sword!

hippo99

Distinguished Member
From the videos, it looks like this will be based on original (non mirrored) GameCube version without motion controls :clap:

As most of you know Twilight Princess was originally released on both GC & Wii at the same time. However due to Link being a leftie (& holding his sword in his left hand) the Wii version is a mirror version of the proper GC level designs.
Doesn't make much difference to gameplay but nice to get the dungeons etc as they were originally designed. Also the motion controls were tacked on so didn't control as well as GC version with traditional controls.

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
From the videos, it looks like this will be based on original (non mirrored) GameCube version without motion controls :clap:

As most of you know Twilight Princess was originally released on both GC & Wii at the same time. However due to Link being a leftie (& holding his sword in his left hand) the Wii version is a mirror version of the proper GC level designs.
Doesn't make much difference to gameplay but nice to get the dungeons etc as they were originally designed. Also the motion controls were tacked on so didn't control as well as GC version with traditional controls.
I only played the Wii version, so it might feel a bit odd when I get started, although it was a couple of years since I last played Skyward Sword so maybe I won't remember anyway :) I do remember the first part being annoying, trying to get out of the cell!

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
It won't work, best it will be is a preorder :)

BJQ1972

What's the worst that can happen? You get the Wii game and have to go to argos for a refund?

hippo99

Distinguished Member
What's the worst that can happen? You get the Wii game and have to go to argos for a refund?
Sure if you enjoy wasting your own time ;)

Argos WORLD EXCLUSIVE!! Not even available in Japan!
Buy Zelda exclusively NOW, ONLY at Argos! :rolleyes:

(hope this puts things in perspective for people before ordering :laugh::rotfl:;))

gingerone

Sure if you enjoy wasting your own time ;)

Argos WORLD EXCLUSIVE!! Not even available in Japan!
Buy Zelda exclusively NOW, ONLY at Argos! :rolleyes:

(hope this puts things in perspective for people before ordering :laugh::rotfl:;))

Wow that is a great exclusive, I'm off to order mine :)

Tooms

What a scoop for Argos !!!

Sanders79

Distinguished Member

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Link showing as £44.99 for me... would be nice if it does come down a bit and I can benefit from the Amazon preorder price policy :)
Ah they must have put the price back up again :thumbsdow
Keep an eye on it & see if they drop it in price again.
Untitled.jpg

gwyper

Confirmed the drop with CS and they assured me I would get a refund so I only pay 35.85. Thanks for the info!

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Amiibo trailer:

- Wolf Link unlocks a new challenge dungeon, Cave of Trials. Which is a bit like the one in Wind Waker where you have to defeat enemies on each floor.
- Also works with Zelda Wii U somehow
- Zelda and Sheik replenish hearts
- Link replenishes arrows
- Gannondorf doubles the damage you take, great for Zelda masochists out there!

Last edited:

oldman100

Link showing as £44.99 for me... would be nice if it does come down a bit and I can benefit from the Amazon preorder price policy :)
Thanks, back to £39.99 for me, just pre-ordered.

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
Just saw a side by side comparison, Wii vs HD makeover, was hard to see any great difference to be honest, although I was trying to see on an iPhone :D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
LG Display set to launch its own 27 and 32-inch OLED panels in 2023?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts