Zelda Twilight Princess: Fishing

scor81

Novice Member
Im having great difficulty catching a fish. Im trying to get a fish to give to the cat so the lady will open the store. Fish are biting, and they drag the line along, but i cant get it to say 'fish on'. any ideas??

dodger747

Novice Member
When the controller vibrates just hold back the line [keep it tight] and the fish should come to you...:thumbsup:

scor81

Novice Member
vibrates? i havent had that happen, maybe hes not biting.

can you tell me how to catch a fish, roughly... as in , the control process? much appreciated

drummerjohn

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The fish are pulling the float everywhere but nothing vibrating. I am keeping the line tight when the fish are biting but nothing. If I dont crack this tonight the game is going back. This is ludicrous. I loved the fishing in Ocarina.

I have no bait by the way - i take it thats ok.

marcstang

You don't need bait at this point. When the float sinks or gets dragged flick the wii mote back. It will tell you that you have a bite (this might take a few goes). Then raise the wii mote up slowly to land the fish.

C225

Distinguished Member
Are you remembering to press the b button

drummerjohn

Soo... to get it right I need to...

When fish pull on line flick Wiimote back whilst depressing the B button. That will bring up "You have a bite" the gently lift the fish to shore.

Is that the definitive answer?

Thanks

marcstang

Not sure about the B button. I only used it to cast the lure. BTW, you need to catch 2 fish to get the cat back. Good luck.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Ive heard a few people struggling with this fishing! I thought it was really easy. Just cast out and let your float settle in the water and you should get a bite pretty much straight away. All i did then is pull back with the wiimote and keep it back to keep the line tight and then voila caught one! On the odd occasion i might lose one but overall i did it pretty quick!

shagaboopon

I'm in the same category of useless at fishing. Took me an hour to figure it out, while it is simple once you know some small mention in the instructions would have helped those of us who are/have struggled (the only mention is for bait fishing).

drummerjohn

THANK YOU GUYS

over 2 hours of fishing and with your help I cracked it.

THe key was to keep the line reasonably taught without pulling the float out of the water. As soon as it was tugged by a fish from side to side I pressed B and flicked the Wiimote up and back. Then gently bring it to land.

AWESOME

Member 55145

Distinguished Member
Ive heard a few people struggling with this fishing! I thought it was really easy. Just cast out and let your float settle in the water and you should get a bite pretty much straight away. All i did then is pull back with the wiimote and keep it back to keep the line tight and then voila caught one! On the odd occasion i might lose one but overall i did it pretty quick!
just how i did it too, no problems at all

M

Mandark

The fishing is causing some controversy - there's more later as well. I think it should be optional rather tasks that must be done. It's far too fiddly a system.

svidoy84

Standard Member
Its easy! All you do (on the first fishing task, havent reached any others yet) is let the coloured thingy (the float?) sink completely under the water. Then pull up.

Im pretty sure thats what i did!

Hitby

grrr, I've tried this - I've tried letting it float on top of the water and keeping the line tight, I've tried everything I can think of but no vibration or 'fish on' message :(

<edit> at last! It's easy when you know how ay. I was waiting for the vibration before I reeled in but you don't have to - just wait for the float to bob then pull back quicky </edit>

M

Mandark

grrr, I've tried this - I've tried letting it float on top of the water and keeping the line tight, I've tried everything I can think of but no vibration or 'fish on' message :(

<edit> at last! It's easy when you know how ay. I was waiting for the vibration before I reeled in but you don't have to - just wait for the float to bob then pull back quicky </edit>
Yeah, this is the problem. It's not obvious at first how quickly you must pull back. All those having problems are pulling back too slowly. You really have to snatch at it. Took me ages I must admit to realise.

I guess some people are more 'snatchy' with the wiimote by nature and so they had no problems. The more gentle types like me :) probably struggled.

steggy

Novice Member
I had no problems catching my first fish, but I'd played Wii Play a bit before I got to this section of the game. And you have to be quite snatchy in that too.