Zelda - Twilight Princess, best on GC IMO.

Nonplused

Banned
Hey folks,

GAME once again came up with the goods a day before official release and I've been playing on this all morning.

I have to say I actually prefer this version to the Wii. Graphics aren't as crisp for GC but the game does work over component and still looks good for such an old machine.

The control system is simply way better than the Wii version, some love the new methods and others don't. For Zelda I firmly believe the pad works best, although it was easy to use the bow, boomerang, hookshot etc. on Wii.

All in all this is a brilliant finale to the GC. I personally believe that despite all the technical superiority of the Microsoft and Sony consoles, non have even come close to providing me with the same number of games that I've simply been unable to put down. It all comes back to the gameplay and the GC has many games that do that amazingly well.

Thanks for the 4 years of throughly entertaining gaming GC. The Wii has got a lot to live upto...

grant666uk

Hey folks,

GAME once again came up with the goods a day before official release and I've been playing on this all morning.

I have to say I actually prefer this version to the Wii. Graphics aren't as crisp for GC but the game does work over component and still looks good for such an old machine.

The control system is simply way better than the Wii version, some love the new methods and others don't. For Zelda I firmly believe the pad works best, although it was easy to use the bow, boomerang, hookshot etc. on Wii.

All in all this is a brilliant finale to the GC. I personally believe that despite all the technical superiority of the Microsoft and Sony consoles, non have even come close to providing me with the same number of games that I've simply been unable to put down. It all comes back to the gameplay and the GC has many games that do that amazingly well.

Thanks for the 4 years of throughly entertaining gaming GC. The Wii has got a lot to live upto...
My one came today to. (Thanks Shopto) I thought the Graphics were the same as the wii apart from no 16/9 option ?? Need to wait for the wife to go out before I can get a shot.......... Cant wait.

addyb

Distinguished Member
I personally love the control method on the wii. Its far more fun swinging the wiimote to swing your sword then it is to press a button and the aiming with the slingshot etc adds more to the game!
IMO of course!

Kube

Had a chance to play this last night on my brothers Gamecube. Dont agree with the controller opinions. Down to taste basically but the Wii controller just feels more natural after playing for a while.

blizzard

Banned
grabbed this today and wow the gamecube has done it again what a machine.

its sad this will be the last great title on cube but what a way to go it reminded me of the saturns last days when panzer dragoon saga & burning heroes hit the shelves to let the machine die gracefully.

ive just got to meet zelda as wolfie :p

links animation is a little wooden but u soon get used to it.:thumbsup:

simply stunning nintendo thanks for the cube guys im still loving it.

shagaboopon

The aiming of the boomeran always used to annoy me in Wind Waker so I really like the Wii version now. I'm sure the pad will have its advantages though and I'm glad Nintendo stuck by the cube for this game when other companies would have just put it out on their latest console to make you have to upgrade to play.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Netflix Movies and TV Shows Coming in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom