1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by zcaps57, Apr 30, 2002.

1. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I've bought a Nintendo64 with Super Mario64. (I know it's old but I didn't get to buy this console back in its days, and I think I don't want to miss out some great classic games like Mario and Zelda.)

I've been to Virgin Mega, HMV, Computer Exchange to find a Zelda : Ocarina of Time. But had no luck. None of them had the title in stock.

Does anyone know where I can get this game ?? doesn't matter if it's second hand or new. I just want to play this game.

Any help would be great !!

Thanks.

2. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +586
  3. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As amazing as Goldeneye is, Perfect Dark makes it obsolete. IMO, it's the perfect followup, as it surpasses nearly every feature of Goldeneye. You need the RAM chip (or whatever that thing is called) to get the most out of it, but still worth it.

4. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cool.

Thanks for the info. :)

5. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have to disagree. As good as Perfect Dark is (and it is GOOD), Goldeneye is unsurpassed. Perfect Dark offers better graphics etc, and a greater challenge but I think what raises Goldeneye above it is the "Bond" factor. The Bond license adds a lot to the game and the fact you are up against real humans in a real environment, rather than the alien worlds of Perfect Dark just gives it that edge....for me anyway.

zcaps57:

Make sure you get hold of Majora's Mask, it's every bit as good as Ocarina of Time. I've actually just started a new Ocarina of Time quest again - it's nice when you haven't played it in so long, you forget the puzzels etc. :)

6. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Halo beats all those down :p

7. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Halo's a truely great game. I played it solid for two months after I bought my import. Add alot of new elements to the genre. But.......my freind........it's still no Goldeneye. Goldeneye is the only game I still play on a regular basis and I've owned it for 5 years. Each to their own opinion off course. ;)

8. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Goldeneye was rated greatest game of all time by Computer And VideoGames magazine, itself one of the LONGEST if not THE longest console magazine out there now....remember the days of reviewers such as Julian Rignall and Radion Automatic???

Suffice to say, Goldeneye RULES all...and for sheer playability factor, puts Halo to shame.

9. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +586
    Yep, Goldeneye is my favourite game ever. Never got to play Perfect Dark because it came out after I had sold my N64 to finance a Dreamcast. I also missed out on Banjo-Tooie and Majoras's Mask. :(

RDB :)

10. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I'm sorry to butt in, especially since I know next to nothing about computer gaming, but the thread title caught my eye. What's the storyline? It sounds intriguing, to say the least. Do you blow it and time-travel?

Bert
    http://www.bertcoules.co.uk

11. dred

dred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    bert,

yeah you kind of guessed right... there is a time travelling element to the game: the plot alternates between the life of a young boy (Link) and his life as a man.

you play tunes on the ocarina which have different results: i.e. turns day into night, 'warps' link to a different area of the game etc.

12. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Groundy, fully agree.

Perfect dark improved on almost every element, except that it wasn't bond, and didn't follow a great film. I'm not really a bond fan, but Goldeneye really did capture the essence of the film.
    Since almost completing the game, I've now found that Goldeneye is my favourite all time Bond Movie.

N64 - get goldeneye, ocarina of time (although I got stuck/bored in some monsters intestines), perfect dark, and that Rare game where you're a dog on a jet and shoot up alien ants (anyone know the name of it?)

13. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jet Force Gemini

14. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see your point. I've never been a Bond fan, so that aspect of the game never really did anything for me. Both games have a great storyline, regardless.

15. ashearer

ashearer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ocarina of Time - fond memories. I actually took a week off work to finish it. I started it from scratch again recently and I had forgotten some of the fantastic sub-games and quests. I could spend hours fishing or doing archery.

Other games worth getting for the N64:

Excitebike 64
    Majoras Mask
    Perfect Dark
    GoldenEye
    Donkey Kong 64
    1080 Snowboarding
    F-Zero X
    Turok 2

Andy

16. Bonesy

Bonesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Turok 2, a blinding, scary, great FPS console game.

Great environments, interesting weapons, and you actually got really worried when you heard one of the baddies approaching you. really, really good,

but, if you died, the previous save point was invariably about 45 mins earlier, so infuriating it made me give up with it.

awaiting turok on xbox now though.