Zelda Gamecube

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by bishman, May 21, 2002.

1. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    The first official screen shots of new Zelda from E3.

Games Radar

I want it and I want it now.

2. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Gosh :eek:

I dunno if I can handle the cel shading though.

3. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    The graphics, although important, are secondary to the gameplay. Look back at Zelda on the SNES, the graphics are poor by todays standards, yet the gameplay is as strong as ever.

Remembering back to the video we saw before, this looks like it is going to be as if we are playing as part of a cartoon. Providing that Nintendo don't foul up the game, which is extremely unlikely, this one will be huge.

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Downloaded the movie from E3 tonight. It looks truly awesome. The Cel-Shading will add a whole new dimension to the Gameplay. I can't wait :) .

Also downloaded the 1080 White Storm movies and Mario Sunshine. 1080 looks stunning.

5. John Jennings

John Jennings

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I don't know why loads of people in magazines etc are complaining about the cartoon style graphics on the new GC Zelda. It was only ever Ocarina & Majora's Mask that went for the more realistic approach. All previous versions (and the recent Gameboy versions) went for cartoon styling. In effect, with the new GC version, Zelda is going back to its roots...

I think it looks gorgeous anyway. Did anyone see that movie with that end of level nasty in the lava pit thingy. Wow!!! :eek:

John

6. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen some screenshot of Zelda before, and I was kinda sceptical about it. - looked poor/childish/too simple...etc. Yep, I was disappointed about the way they cel-shaded it.

I downloaded about 20~25 different mpeg/mov movies from IGN and Game Spot during E3, and now this is one of my most wated game.
    Once you/I see it in motion rather than some screenshot, it becomes very very impressive.

Must be like.....making/controlling your own cartoon with a fantastic story and game play.