Zelda: Breath of the Wild (play and help thread)

I think it's lots of luck. I went through 2 sledgehammers and didn't do it. Ive not been back...

Any tips @tazmago ? my daughter gave up in frustration after breaking too many weapons "charging" up the orb.
Yeah, for the chest one you need to

use more than one weapon. Use the sledgehammer first for 5 hits, then switch to a one handed sword (I used the Master Sword) and hit it one more time. Should be just right to land in the hole :smashin: You do need to be quick changing the weapon, but there is just enough time.

Thanks a lot :thumbsup:

Hi all, I have the opening level map on my game, into the third mission but rest of map not showing, just blank - anything I'm doing wrong ?

Hi all, I have the opening level map on my game, into the third mission but rest of map not showing, just blank - anything I'm doing wrong ?
You're not doing anything wrong, to open up the map you need to climb and activate the Shiekah tower in each area. Once you activate a tower the map data will get downloaded to the Shiekah slate and show on your world map. It surprising how large the map actually gets, the game is huge.

Edit: Beaten to it :)

Managed a few more towers. Blimey near Central tower there are a LOT of Guardians !!

Lost my Hyrule Shield last night, just broke during a Test of strength temple!

I didnt think it would break, can i get it back?

Lost my Hyrule Shield last night, just broke during a Test of strength temple!

I didnt think it would break, can i get it back?

You get the Hylian shield back from a guy at Tarry Town for 3000 Rupees. Think I paid that anyway.

Are there only four divine beasts and then Gannon?

I am loving this game. The bare bones of it seem more simple than other recent Zelda games though with respect to dungeons? The beasts have been really short and easy.

Are there only four divine beasts and then Gannon?

I am loving this game. The bare bones of it seem more simple than other recent Zelda games though with respect to dungeons? The beasts have been really short and easy.

Yep, four divine beasts and then Ganon. Shrine hunting has kept me busy, in an effort to open up the map i stumbled upon a load of shrines. Side quests are also interesting so theres a a lot more to do but yeah the bare bones of the game ended after you finished the tutorial. Once you have all the runes you can go fight Ganon but theres just soooo much more to do!

I sneaked into Zelda's Castle last night, quite tricky in places but took out a few medium sized guardians on the way - bagged me the Hyrule Shield too :)

Thanks for clarifying. I think it is incredible and it is fairly massive, but quite shocked at how little the bare bones of it are. I'm not going down that route though and have a fair bit of sidequests done.

I imagine you couldn't really just do the four beasts and then Ganon unless you were ridiculously highly skilled though!
Yep, four divine beasts and then Ganon. Shrine hunting has kept me busy, in an effort to open up the map i stumbled upon a load of shrines. Side quests are also interesting so therea a lot more to do but yeah the baer bones of the game ended after you finished the tutorial. Once you have all the runes you can go fight Ganon but theres just soooo much more to do!

Thanks for clarifying. I think it is incredible and it is fairly massive, but quite shocked at how little the bare bones of it are. I'm not going down that route though and have a fair bit of sidequests done.

I imagine you couldn't really just do the four beasts and then Ganon unless you were ridiculously highly skilled though!

absolutely or just go and fight Ganon without even completing the divine beasts!! I've resisted looking at any speedruns until I've completed it, I'm sure there are some nutters out there who can beat Ganon with just 3 hearts and a tree branch!!

I did see a video of some guy defeating a Lynel with no weapons, no healing, no armour, just a guardian shield and magnesis! Was pretty bad ass!

absolutely or just go and fight Ganon without even completing the divine beasts!! I've resisted looking at any speedruns until I've completed it, I'm sure there are some nutters out there who can beat Ganon with just 3 hearts and a tree branch!!

I did see a video of some guy defeating a Lynel with no weapons, no healing, no armour, just a guardian shield and magnesis! Was pretty bad ass!

Yeh I've seen that too - I've yet to beat a Lynel :)

That was just silly. What confused me more was how is he using magnesis on a rock?

I'm avoiding speed runs but i hear the record is something like 50 minutes, so charge around the plateau and straight to Gannon. They'd have 4 hearts thigh as you have to trade in for the first one on the plateau, like it would make any difference

Just completed the island
where you get all your items taken away.

Great quest but what a disappointing reward!!

All i got was 300 rupees!

Is there a specific reason to hold on to gems etc or is trading them in at the
along with the guardian parts to get armour 'the' thing to do with them?

Thanks.

Is there a specific reason to hold on to gems etc or is trading them in at the
along with the guardian parts to get armour 'the' thing to do with them?

Thanks.

Gems are used for upgrading armour.

Absolutely smashed this today, done quite alot of side quests, got all the memories, got the dark link armour and managed to get the hyrule shield aswell. I could go for ganon if I wanted but im still enjoying the world and I've still got plenty of shrines left to do.

Late to the party on this, only picked up my Switch 2 days ago and Zelda was a must have for me whilst 1 2 Switch and Snipperclips acted as games for the kids to smooth the persuasion with the Wife. I missed a lot of the previous Zelda ships prior to this with The Wind Waker being the only game I'd played and finished. I know at the time the decision to move to cel shaded visuals upset some long time fans but ultimately I think it payed off. This carries a similar style and goes a longway to prove that although we'll happily drool over Horizon Zero Dawn visuals all day long, we'll also accept this art style if the base game is good and boy is this game good, in fact its exceptionally good. The sheer attention to detail and depth to the gameplay is staggering and I've only just arrived at the first village I'm directed to go to.

I'm currently back tracking to some shrines I missed and I'm loving the whole puzzle element to them, get a real sense of achievement when solving some of the trickier ones that involve correct timing of mechanics or abilities, The shrine that teaches you some evasive combat moves was particularly satisfying as I was starting to get my ass kicked in combat with multiple enemies because even the combat has a lot of depth.Fantastic game and one thats causing some serious neglect to my other consoles which won't get any easier with Mario kart on preorder :thumbsup:

So after 50 hours of hunting shrines and getting the Master Sword, I finally decided to get one of the Divine Beasts sorted out.

Am now in the possession of Revali's Gale.

After going proper gung ho with the game initially, I'm proper enjoying taking the slower approach and taking in all the wonders this game has to offer.

I am slowly working my way through Zora's domain having taken a wrong turn somewhere :)

Basically it's the game mechanic of resetting the monsters (brings them back to life).
If you cook meals during one you get extra hearts etc.
There's also a shrine quest that needs to be done during one..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom