Zeitgeist

Synchronicity

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else watched this documentary?

Warning-some images at the start of the documentary show some images of war which some members may find disturbing

Zeitgeist is an interesting watch and although obviously quite biased against people like Mr Bush,some of the stuff in there is fascinating-escpecially the religious stuff:eek:

I know we have some religous members so would be interested know what they think of the whole Zodiac and Egyption aspect.Only the first part deals with religion BTW,it goes on to deal with governments,recent conflicts,etc

Appologies if this has been posted before but this is the first time Ive seen it:smashin:

(Oh,and lets keep things civil so the thread doesnt get closed by the thread police;))

Yeah great watch, a must see :smashin:

Had a quick look at it, don't fancy watching it all on the PC.

So

Have a free official download:)

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/dloads.htm

Edit

I wasn't keen on downloading a program in order to download zeiteist, but I did it anyway.

The download starts of very slow and after 10-15 mins it begins to speed up. In all it took 40 minutes to download. The download speed hit 700 kbps at times.

I should also state that some ISP's may cap you internet speed for downloading a file of 700mb. Most certainly will if you do it during peak times, around 5pm to 12am. So if your going to download do it at an off peak time.

So any of you guys watched it yet?My brother sent me the link last night and I only meant to have a look for a few minutes but ended up being sucked in and watched all of it:eek:

I cannot see there being too many untruths/lies in there or they would get their asses sued off which makes it all quite scary.:nono:

So any of you guys watched it yet?My brother sent me the link last night and I only meant to have a look for a few minutes but ended up being sucked in and watched all of it:eek:

I cannot see there being too many untruths/lies in there or they would get their asses sued off which makes it all quite scary.:nono:

I just downloaded it, so I think I'll sit back and try and take it all in tonight. It's 2 hours long.

I started a small sub-thread on this film last week in Movies watched after seeing it for the 1st time myself.

There is also a Bit-torrent of the DVD quality Zeitgeist if you look for it. I downloaded this version and it was MUCH better than the google video version, or the one linked on their homepage.

BTW there is no copy-right on this disc and the makers encourange free distribution.

I watched Zeitgeist.

If someone in the pub sat down and started to tell me those stories, I'd tell them to get lost.

All tall tales with no proof to back it up.

Just because someone explains something to you so that you can understand it, doesn't mean it's true.

I watched Zeitgeist.

If someone in the pub sat down and started to tell me those stories, I'd tell them to get lost.

All tall tales with no proof to back it up.

Just because someone explains something to you so that you can understand it, doesn't mean it's true.

I admit some of the conspiracy stuff seemed like there was a lot of speculation and hearsay but the religous stuff seemed pretty black and white to me.

Also I wouldnt say there was no proof to back it up as they list all their sources on their website -Zeitgeist.Obviously Im not suggesting that everything they say is absolute truth,but even if a fraction of the conspiracy stuff was true it makes it shocking IMO.I also find the whole Zodiac/pagan version of things a lot more feasible than the more recent concoctions ;)

I admit some of the conspiracy stuff seemed like there was a lot of speculation and hearsay but the religous stuff seemed pretty black and white to me.

Also I wouldnt say there was no proof to back it up as they list all their sources on their website -Zeitgeist.Obviously Im not suggesting that everything they say is absolute truth,but even if a fraction of the conspiracy stuff was true it makes it shocking IMO.I also find the whole Zodiac/pagan version of things a lot more feasible than the more recent concoctions ;)

I'll admit that the religious section was the most interesting part of the program. It was about 20 minutes long and the rest of the program was a bore. It stated a lot of facts and then speculated other points to come to a conclusion.

You say that even if a fraction of the conspiracy stuff was true it makes it shocking. So the Americans provoked Japan to attack Pearl Harbor. The economic sanctions that where imposed on Japan happened because Japan had been at war with China for 5 years and they had invaded mainland China and French Indochina in 1940. Great Britain and the Netherlands, was attempting to reduce these sanctions through diplomatic negotiations, but Japan still attacked United States and British assets in Southeast Asia.

You could pick Zeitgeist bones all day long.

If I mind right, at the very beginning it says something along the lines of:

People on longer educate themselves. Less than 5% of Americans read books and less than 15% read newspapers. We spend are life's in front of the TV getting our misinformed education there.

I got the feeling that the Zeitgeist tried to amaze me with images early on and then tried to tell me that I was not educated enough. It does it in away where you could almost believe it, sure I haven't read all the books on all the subjects in the world and I sure as hell don't know everything, but I know that Zeitgeist gives you the information to come to it's conclusion, but leaves out the information that completes the full story and leads you too the actual truth.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom