Zavvi...

knave

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Evening gents,

What's Zavvi like generally in terms of getting stock in/out on PO?

I've got the Mk 42 PO'd with them and I was about to PO something else but then I saw that they still have WM mk2 as PO!! PO? Still? I've had WM on my shelf since the beginning of last month! I don't want to use them if it means being 2 months+ behind the game.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kris

I’m not expecting anything in the mail and I just got an email from DPD saying my order was out for delivery.

I assumed it must have been an amazon order my wife placed forgetting to log me out of the pc at home only to find another email 2 down from it.

My HT Hulk & Banner set have shipped from Zavvi! I know some other UK sellers have stock of this, but that's pretty decent imo given that there is no deposit, they reguraly do discount codes and you get quidco / tops cash back.

I’ll let you know what the packaging is like when it arrives. Annoyingly I don’t have anywhere to display this as I was planning on sorting something later in the year.

Thanks for letting me know that. I actually moved my order from Zavvi due to the delays they seemed to experience getting WM mk2 though. Having said that, I then had a discount code and PO'd Heartbreaker with them so... :)

I just rechecked their prices and they are pretty crap. The hulk set has gone up by £50 :(

They have some stuff in stock too on the off chance a decent discount pops up.

Last edited:
Yeah they are generally overpriced so you can only justify ordering if you have a discount code really.

The Hulk / banner set arrived.

It was sent next day via DPD. I got regular emails and a final one this morning with a time slot 10.30-11.30. Perfect so far

On to the item, firstly no HT shipping carton, which tbh seems to be par for the course unless you buy from sideshow.

Packaging, hmm. Hard to tell. This thing is massive and heavy. There were some air packs in there, but the fit is pretty snug. There's no real damage to the outer box, but the inner one is badly crumpled at one corner.

Now onto the figures. The magnets in the hulks head have both parted from the hair / skull and there is some paper stuck to his side. I'm hoping the paper will come off and the paint underneath will be intact. Oher than that it seems fine.

I'm going to email zavvi, as it's a lot of money and tbh I expect things to arrive undamaged.

I think this is a bit of a tough one to rate them on. As the bigger and heavier these things are, the higher the chances of damage at some point between China and hone delivery. It could be poor QC at HT end so benefit of the doubt to zavvi imo

Thanks for taking the time to post this and good to hear they are reliable. Not so good to hear about the condition of your figures but I suppose, as you mention, that could actually be nothing to do with Zavvi. I hope you can get some sort of compensation though, always worth asking.

14519385402_59364e6cdd_h.jpg

As you can see the outer box looks to be pretty much in tact, though the end with the air packets (the top) is more or less undamaged.

One of the PERS stalks it as at a very jaunty angle, I think this is more HT QC than damage in shipping?

If I'm honest, the boxes wouldn't bother me but the figures not being mint would have me straight back on to Zavvi.

Zavvi are replacing the hulk. It's getting picked up tomorrow.

I would have settled for £20 part refund, but tbh I would prefer a mint one.

Little update, I asked zavi if they would refund the £50 difference between the current £276 and what I paid rather than return the set. I thought this would save them money or of this wasn't possible, just give me a full.refund for the damaged one and I'll rebuy.

Guess which option the CS rep went for? They also told me they had broken no rules as their t&cs cover price drops.

IMO its poor business, but hey ho. I get a new set for £276 and they need to cover all the postage.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom