Zavvi Now Only Stocking Blu-Ray?

damianmcr

Established Member
Reaction score
Was in Zavvi(old virgin) today looking around and noticed there was absolutely no HD-DVD's while last week I was in there was a stand for both but now Blu-Ray has replaced this stand.Has anyone else noticed this?

I honestly dont mind who winds the format war.Id HD-DVD wins which looks unlikely ill buy a HD-DVD player.

Been using this store as a banchmark over the last year to see how the format war was progressing. A year ago it was pretty much 50 / 50, 3 months ago Blu-ray had twice as much display space as HD DVD and so your findings today don't really surprise me.

Even before xmas, my local Zavvi in Milton Keynes, the blu ray section was three times the size of the hd dvd section!

was in Zavvi on Oxford Street yesterday and they did have some HD-DVDs (and one on display) but the blu ray section was much bigger (not to mention charging like £25 a film!)

Zavvi in New St, Birmingham have plenty of HD DVDs tho' probably bigger selection of blu ray ... all at inflated prices of course :rolleyes:

Belfast still has HD-DVD but in noticeably fewer quantities. Same goes for HMV.

Still a bit expensive, though both stores are running a 3 for 2 on selected Blu-ray at the minute.

GB

I was in zavvi in the trafford centre and the first time in months they were evenly matched long live hd dvd:D

The zavvi in the arndale centre in manchester has blurays to hddvd's in about a 1.5:1 ratio.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom