Zavvi Now Only Stocking Blu-Ray?

damianmcr

Was in Zavvi(old virgin) today looking around and noticed there was absolutely no HD-DVD's while last week I was in there was a stand for both but now Blu-Ray has replaced this stand.Has anyone else noticed this?

I honestly dont mind who winds the format war.Id HD-DVD wins which looks unlikely ill buy a HD-DVD player.

6950rpm

Been using this store as a banchmark over the last year to see how the format war was progressing. A year ago it was pretty much 50 / 50, 3 months ago Blu-ray had twice as much display space as HD DVD and so your findings today don't really surprise me.

Jack-Deth

Distinguished Member
Even before xmas, my local Zavvi in Milton Keynes, the blu ray section was three times the size of the hd dvd section!

me-uk

was in Zavvi on Oxford Street yesterday and they did have some HD-DVDs (and one on display) but the blu ray section was much bigger (not to mention charging like £25 a film!)

ChrisWV10

Zavvi in New St, Birmingham have plenty of HD DVDs tho' probably bigger selection of blu ray ... all at inflated prices of course :rolleyes:

gadget boy

Belfast still has HD-DVD but in noticeably fewer quantities. Same goes for HMV.

Still a bit expensive, though both stores are running a 3 for 2 on selected Blu-ray at the minute.

GB

jedifozzie

I was in zavvi in the trafford centre and the first time in months they were evenly matched long live hd dvd:D

fyonn

The zavvi in the arndale centre in manchester has blurays to hddvd's in about a 1.5:1 ratio.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom