Zavvi drop a MAJOR bollock!

Mr Lime

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just logged on to my e-mail to find the following message from Zavvi:

"We here at Zavvi would like to wish you a huge congratulations as you have been chosen as the winner of our Mastercard competition, winning a VIP trip for two adults to attend the UEFA Champions League Final Madrid 2019 The UEFA Champions League 2019 prize package - for two adults includes: • 2 x Madrid Final tickets • 2 x nights’ accommodation at 4* Hotel in Madrid • UK transfers • Return flights • Airport to hotel transfers in Madrid, plus hotel to stadium transfers • Comprehensive travel insurance • £250 Prepaid card To claim this prize, please message us directly through your Zavvi account within 48 hours of the send time of this email. You must do this by logging into your account on a computer or mobile device, scrolling down to the message section with the pencil icon and then following the prompts to send us a message. If you reply after the 48 hour window the prize will unfortunately defer to another customer, so please get in touch quickly! Full terms and conditions can be found at:

Etc...

I opened the raw message data to confirm that it was indeed sent from Zavvi, which it was. So rather excitedly (at the thought of selling off this prize worth around £10,000 - not attending the match) I contacted Zavvi.

However, while waiting for their reply, I found this...

Zavvi gets red card over football blunder

Any other Zavvi subscribers received this?

Just logged on to my e-mail to find the following message from Zavvi:

"We here at Zavvi would like to wish you a huge congratulations as you have been chosen as the winner of our Mastercard competition, winning a VIP trip for two adults to attend the UEFA Champions League Final Madrid 2019 The UEFA Champions League 2019 prize package - for two adults includes: • 2 x Madrid Final tickets • 2 x nights’ accommodation at 4* Hotel in Madrid • UK transfers • Return flights • Airport to hotel transfers in Madrid, plus hotel to stadium transfers • Comprehensive travel insurance • £250 Prepaid card To claim this prize, please message us directly through your Zavvi account within 48 hours of the send time of this email. You must do this by logging into your account on a computer or mobile device, scrolling down to the message section with the pencil icon and then following the prompts to send us a message. If you reply after the 48 hour window the prize will unfortunately defer to another customer, so please get in touch quickly! Full terms and conditions can be found at:

Etc...

I opened the raw message data to confirm that it was indeed sent from Zavvi, which it was. So rather excitedly (at the thought of selling off this prize worth around £10,000 - not attending the match) I contacted Zavvi.

However, while waiting for their reply, I found this...

Zavvi gets red card over football blunder

Any other Zavvi subscribers received this?

Yep. And as a Liverpool fan I am rather...annoyed. :rolleyes::thumbsdow:nono::censored::mad:

I really did think it was a scam, but on opening the raw message data and examining that, I must admit my heart leapt. Not at the thought of going (I'm not a football fan), but at the thought of selling this off to someone. Cheapest ticket for the game is almost £4,000!

Ah well! I suppose we can expect a 10% discount voucher or suchlike! :(

Submitted my claim... :rotfl:

I got the same, was a bit excited as I don't usually win anything but hey ho

I've not had anything from Zavvi. Perhaps they're waiting to send me to Japan for some proper team sport.

There's me thinking I'd won. I did wonder how, as I haven't bought anything from them for months and don't even like football. Lol. Oh well.

I did not get one :(

Just received this update...

You might have received an email from us this morning congratulating you on winning tickets to The UEFA Champions League Final.

Unfortunately, this email was sent in error and we are very sorry. There is only one official winner who will be contacted separately.

As a thank you for being a loyal customer and a gesture of goodwill here’s an extra 15% off in-stock items with code 15GOGW

Well, just got an apology and a 15% discount code. They have a 2 for £15 offer on Marvel Blu Rays. so just nabbed two for £12.75.

Result! :)

I got the message and was quite excited and made a purchase so thought I had won, such is life.

Does bring into question for those that have not made a purchase in the last 12 months that they still have your details on record following the changes under GDPR, I thought you had to opt in so this could be questioned.

15% will not be a fair amount to some people, my question is someone won it and now they will think they hadn't....

Last edited:
I got the voucher code even though I didn’t even get the original email, Bad Boys 4K Steelbook duly ordered :)

got the email as well,utd man anyway,deleted it.:D

I had this too and was a bit gutted, as I hate football and you couldn't sell it on or accept a cash alternative (Checked the T&Cs).

15% discount will do though, not sure what to use it on though.

I never got the email :(

So I guess I’m gonna get one soon telling me I’m the real winner and to get ready for an amazing night in Madrid! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So their plan worked. Send out an email to everyone saying you've won and then apologise with a discount so they get extra sales.

So their plan worked. Send out an email to everyone saying you've won and then apologise with a discount so they get extra sales.

Yep! I went for it! :laugh:

I got it also
Thought at first it was s scam but then today got the apology email bit blunder

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom