Zavvi despatch times

jimmypsychotic

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I've just started ordering off Zavvi.Can anyone tell me why they take so long to dispatch order's?.
Thanks jimmy

if they "genuinely" have it in stock then you will have it in less than a week (most of the time for me anyway) but don't always trust the website when it says "in stock".

ive had emails from them saying sorry for the wait, the blu i have ordered is on order yet it still says in stock on the site. :thumbsdow

jimmypsychotic said:
Hi Guys,
I've just started ordering off Zavvi.Can anyone tell me why they take so long to dispatch order's?.
Thanks jimmy

Simplest explanation is that they don't have everything instock so once it goes out of stock it can take weeks/months to get more in especially if it was a discount item.

If you order anything that is listed as 'Instock' then the wait shouldn't be too long but if it states 'Usually Dispatched within 3 days' then you can expect a long wait.

Only ever use TheHut group if it's a bargain and something you don't mind waiting for, if you want it quick then go with Play or Amazon.

I find them quite inconsistent but generally slow. These days I only use them for the occasional great price, where they usually go out of stock very quickly. I do so fully expecting to wait a couple of weeks so not a problem.

Hi Guys,
Thanks jimmy

How is anybody here going to know unless they're an employee prepared to spill the beans?

Everyone knows they're rubbish. The quickest titles take 7 days but most take longer. I've had weeks of "We're sorry" emails before several months later I've had to just cancel. Of course they show as "in stock". About as truthful as their "this weekend only" "special offers" that tend to be the same every weekend.

They (together with sendit and The Hut, masquerading as different sites when they're the same) are like the pound shop of Blu-ray suppliers. You only go there to save a few pennies now and then on the basis that you are probably going to have to wait quite a long time for your item (if they supply it at all)

I'm still waiting on 'Chariots of Fire'. The site quoted a release date of a month earlier than the actual date. I've had several apology emails. My last message to them got a reply to the extent that it was now making its way through the warehouse. That must be one Hell of a big warehouse or it's strapped to the back of a racing snail as that was 3 days ago. Mind you, it was only £7.95 for the 30th Anniversary edition and the new transfer is supposed to be worth seeing, so worth hanging on - but it's not really the way to conduct a business.
Alan

"In stock at the supplier" :facepalm:

My last couple of orders have spend 4 days "awaiting despatch" Once sent they take 4 or 5 days to arrive despite having a first class stamp.

Zavvi, The Hut, etc used to be pretty good imo, but for the last 6-12 months they have been really bad at fulfilling orders.
I've had them cancel things like Cowboys vs Aliens (Blu-ray), saying it's no longer available.
Pretty much won't use them now, even if they are the cheapest - or if I do order something it's with the expectation that it won't ever turn up.

I now won't be using them again.

Last order was cancelled after 2 weeks of sitting there awaiting dispatch, and site still saying it was in stock.

Was only a quid cheaper than elsewhere in the first place.

Thanks guys,
I'm only ordering the unmissable bargains so It's the price you pay for these bargain prices.:laugh:
thanks again jim.

Complaining about their dispatch times on the forum appears to have a positive effect. 2 Blu-rays ordered 2 weeks actually shipped today :eek:

My copy of 'Chariots of Fire' has now battled its way, in slow motion with Vangelis music track playing in the background, out of the warehouse and has BEEN DESPATCHED! It makes you proud to be British.
Alan

They take payment as soon as the item goes to "awaiting despatch". Seeing as they can spend weeks "awaiting despatch" this isn't acceptable.

I must have been lucky as they have only ever taken payment from me when the item is going to ship in the next 24-48 hours.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom